Who Knew

Google

Jacob was working on his car in the garage when he heard a familiar voice calling his name. He placed the wrench down on the shelf, and then popped his head out of the garage. Walking towards him, trying to miss the puddles of water was Bella Swan. He shook his head as he watched her fall face first into a mud puddle. He sighed, as he took off running towards her. He helped her up and then walked into the house and grabbed a towel to help her dry off.

"Thanks Jake." She said, her voice in a monotone as always.

He smiled, as he tucked a piece of her dark brown hair behind her ear. He had loved this girl, but she belonged to a vampire, and now his heart belonged to another as well.

"I know your secret." She said looking up at him.

He burrowed his eyes brows, and then recalled this was the first time he had saw Bella since his transformation. Time, and people didn't seem to matter since he imprinted. He didn't even think about Bella anymore.

"You do?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I forced Edward to tell me, now don't be mad."

"Tell that leech to keep his mouth shut about us or the treaty is over."

"You told me about him if you remember correctly."

"I didn't spell it out for you." He hissed.

"He didn't either, he just said you were his enemy. Google helped with the rest. It made sense, especially after hearing the old legends."

Jacob just shrugged his shoulders, "Whatever." He said, walking away and putting the towel in the dirty hamper. He turned around and she was standing with her arms crossed.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I wasn't allowed."

"Why haven't you talked to me any?"

"Because, I didn't know how to tell you." He lied. He hadn't talked to her because she hadn't crossed his mind.

"I miss hanging out with you Jacob."

"Yeah, I miss hanging out with you too." It wasn't a complete lie, nor was it the truth.

"We should hang out soon." She said and a smile crossed her lips.

Jacob shrugged his shoulder's, "Maybe."

About that time his front door opened and in walked most of the pack. Sam was the last one in the house. Jacob shot him a look that warned him that Bella knew their secret.

"How did you find out?" Sam asked bitterly.

"Google, though Edward hinted."

"You're aware that you can't tell anyone."

She nodded, "Edward told me most of the rules I guess."

"What does that stupid leech know!" Paul spat from the corner of the room, "We should just go finish them off so we don't have anything to worry about."

Sam sent him a look of disapproval.

"Bella's trust worthy guys." Jacob said, hoping his words wouldn't bite him in the ass later.

Embry checked his watch and then smiled, "I've gotta get going guys. . . I'm visiting with Kari's grandparents before the bonfire tonight. I'll see you guys there." He said, darting out the door.

"Bonfire tonight?" Bella asked, facing Jacob.

He nodded his head.

"Could I come? I don't have anything else to do. . . Charlie's working, and the Cullen's are out of town visiting family. . ."

Bella looked towards Sam and he just shrugged his shoulder's. Bella stuck her bottom lip out in a pout, and then Jacob frowned, "Yeah if you want." She squealed out with delight at Jacob's response and then jumped on him for a hug. He felt like he was betraying Piper by letting Bella go to the bonfire.

Paul shook his head, and shot Jacob a look of distaste as he disappeared out of the house. He angrily walked down to the beach. He couldn't believe Jacob had just basically invited Bella to an imprint bonfire. His imprint was Piper, not Bella. Picking up a rock, Paul tossed it into the ocean and groaned. He was not going to stand around and allow Jacob to break his sister's heart.

Piper bit down on her bottom lip as she debated on what to wear to the bonfire. She didn't know why but she was actually looking forward to going. She knew that it was a imprint/welcoming bonfire, and for the first time, she was actually beginning to think she fit in on the reservation. Haylie was coming home soon, and Ireland would be here in a couple of weeks. She was actually scared about her friends coming home and discovering her growing feelings for Jacob.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image