Who Knew

Confessions

Piper walked inside the house and saw Paul on the phone. He was wearing the biggest smile she had ever saw. She listened as he told someone he needed to go that his sister was here. He also said he'd phone them in the morning so they could make plans for the afternoon. She crossed her arms over her chest, and looked at him. "What are you all smiley about?" She questioned.

He leaned back in the couch and smiled, "I imprinted."

"You imprinted?" She asked kind of shocked, "On who?"

He grinned, "On this girl from Forks. Her family just moved here about a month ago. She's half Indian. She's got these stunning brown eyes, and long flowing dark hair. She's sixteen, and I swear she's the cutest girl in the world."

Piper couldn't help but to laugh at her brother. She had NEVER heard Paul talk like that about anything or anyone. She was so amazed by the power of the imprint. "So, when are you bringing her over?" She asked.

He smiled, "Maybe tomorrow. I'm making plans tomorrow morning."

"What's her name?"

"Kathy." He said almost in a dream state.

Piper just shook her head, and wanted to bust out laughing. It was weird seeing her brother like that. It was defiantly something that would take some getting used to. She just hoped Kathy could calm him down when it came to his anger problems.

"So, how did your night go?"

"It was okay." She said, remembering how she felt earlier.

"Don't lie to me." Paul said, picking up on her attitude.

"I got jealous." She admitted, "You were right. He showed up with that Bella girl. He didn't even look at me. I was kinda sorta starting to like him I think."

Paul groaned, "I'm going to rip his head off."

"Just let it go."

"No! This is stupid! I fucking told him not to hurt you."

"Just don't worry about it. I'm going to go to bed. Night Paul."

She then walked upstairs and into her bedroom. She changed into something more comfortable for sleeping and then pulled her covers back. Just as she was about to crawl inside the bed, she felt something tapping on her window. She raised her eyebrow as she walked over. She looked outside and saw Jacob up on the branch of the oak tree. She opened the window, "What are you doing here?" She hissed.

He seemed to be doing a bad job at balancing. His body was wobbling on the branch, "Move." He said.

She moved out of the way and he slung his body into the room. She kept her brow raised and looked at him for a moment. "My brother will kill you if he catches you sneaking into my room." She said, her arms crossed over her chest.

"He can kill me later. I just needed to talk to you."

"About what?" She asked.

"I'm so sorry about tonight, Piper. I begged you to come and then I didn't even say a word to you."

"You were busy with your girlfriend." She spat, not intending for it to sound so rude, or for her to sound so jealous.

He sighed, and run a hand through his cropped hair, "She's not my girlfriend, and I didn't want her to come. I was looking forward to spending the night with you. I'm sorry things didn't pan out that way. I didn't even wanna look at you. I knew if I saw you hurt, then I would be hurt too. The last thing I want to do is hurt you."

"Jacob, you're letting this imprint thing go to your head. It's making you feel like you're obligated to care about me."

"I do care about you." Jacob stated, which caused Piper's heart to nearly burst. "All those times I was mean to you. . . I didn't really mean it. It was just a chance to talk to you."

"You told me I didn't belong here." She said, recalling one of the things he said to her after Ireland put the note under his foot.

"Because I wanted to get under your skin. I wanted you to fire back at me so we could argue longer. Arguing with you was the only way I spent time with you. I didn't need to imprint on you to know I liked you, Piper. Imprinting just made it easier to tell you."

She couldn't believe what he was saying. The two of them was never suppose to like each other. They were from two different worlds. What would people think if she decided to date Jacob Black? What would her friends think?

"What about Bella Swan?" She asked, kind of ticked off.

"I did like Bella. I won't lie to you about that. But, Bella and I aren't meant to be. She has her leech, and I have you."

"Let's get one thing straight here, Jacob Black. You don't have me. I'm merely a friend at this moment. A friend who doesn't even know if she wants to be your friend." She hissed, still feeling kind of angry over earlier.

He frowned, "That hurts."

"I think you should go before Paul hears us talking."

"He already knows. He's started up the stairs several times. He's letting me say what I need to."

She was going to ask him how he knew Paul had already started up the stairs multiple times but he answered that before she had a chance to question it. "Enhanced hearing."

She shrugged her shoulder's, "Whatever, you gotta go."

"Piper, do you not have any feelings for me?"

She looked into his coffee colored eyes and sighed. She didn't know why, but in that moment her ability to lie decreased greatly, "I kinda sorta do, but it's not enough."

He was hurt. Hurt was actually an understatement. He felt like he was destroyed. Being rejected by your imprint was the worse possible thing that could happen to you. He nodded his head, "I'm not going to force myself on you. Just know that no one will ever feel this way about you. If you change your mind. . . you know where you can find me." He stated, moving out her window.

She tried her best to sleep that night, but was finding it hard. She couldn't take her mind off Jacob and the things he said. Did she like him more than she thought? She knew she did, but she couldn't possible be with him. It was wrong! She was just glad Haylie was coming home so she would have someone to hang out with to take her mind off Jacob Black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image