Who Knew

Apology

Jacob had been patrolling with Sam and Quil for most of the morning. He was thrilled when Paul, Embry, Seth, and Leah decided to take over for the afternoon. He wished he could just patrol twenty four hours a day, but he knew that wasn't possible. He needed rest. He didn't even bother with sleeping the night before. He was too hurt to sleep. Piper had broken his heart, but he knew he had deserved it. He thought about just skipping lunch at Emily's and just going to the cliffs, but he had promised Sam he would eat something.

"Just don't worry about it, Jake. She'll come around." Quil said.

"It's just going to suck when I go in the house to see Emily welcome Sam in her arms, and little Claire waiting for you. . . All I have there is one of Em's famous blueberry muffins." Jacob stated.

"It'll get better." Sam said, patting him on the back.

"Sure, sure." He said, as he walked up on Sam's porch.

Jacob walked through the door last and was instantly hit with the scent of Emily's cooking, but also mixed up in the odor was something new. He looked up and saw the most beautiful sight he had ever saw. Piper was leaned against the counter, nibbling on a muffin.

"Piper?" Jacob asked.

She half smiled, "Hi Jake."

He shook his head, and closed his eyes. Was he dreaming of her? He opened his eyes again, and then looked at her. He couldn't believe she was here. Standing in front of him healing his broken heart. It was amazing what just seeing your imprint could do.

"What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for you." She smiled.

He opened his mouth to say something but then Emily patted him on the shoulder, "Eat first, Jacob." She said.

Piper nodded her head, and Jacob obeyed the orders, and took a seat by Quil and began eating the food Emily had placed in front of him. He ate much quicker than usual. He wanted to finish fast so he could talk to Piper. He didn't eat nearly as much as he should have. He swallowed the entire glass of milk in one long gulp, and then got up from the table and walked over to Piper.

"Okay, spill."

She giggled, "You could have took your time, Jacob."

"No need. Why were you waiting for me?"

She smiled, "Can we go somewhere?"

He nodded his head, and said goodbye to his fellow pack members.

He and Piper walked towards the cliffs in silence. Piper noticed there weren't too many people by the beach today. She then looked up at the clouds and figured it was because a storm was coming.

"So, why were you looking for me?" He asked, turning around and leaning against a tree.

She smiled, "To apologize."

"For what?"

"For being such a bitch last night. I'm truly sorry, Jake."

"It's not your fault. You only said what you were thinking."

"Jake, I could have been nicer about it. I've had a hard time dealing with this whole imprint thing, and I'm going to be honest. . . I was jealous when I saw you with Bella."

He shook his head, and interrupted her, "You have no reason to be jealous. . . of anyone."

She smiled, "Let me finish. Being jealous just made me realize just how much I actually liked you. . . but then I realized I hardly know you."

"I am so confused. . ." Jacob said.

She had just admitted to liking him, but yet she didn't know him? What was he suppose to think?

She giggled, "I want to get to know you Jacob. If that's okay with you. . ."

He smiled wide, and then walked over and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. "Of course, it's okay!" He squealed out with delight, and held her close to him. It felt so right with her close to him.

"Jake, I'm kind of struggling to breathe here."

He loosened his grip on her and chuckled, "Sorry Pip." He said, leaning down to her ear, "I'm just so happy."

She smiled, "I'm sorry for picking on you all those times."

He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear, "I'm sorry for coming off as a jerk."

She laughed, "Who knew we would be here one day. . . hugging." She laughed.

He laughed, "How about you pull the who knew line when we're actually a couple."

She smirked, "How do you know we'll be a couple one day?"

"Because, look at me?" He said, motioning up and down to his body. That was the first time Piper realized just how amazing his body was sculptured. "You can't resist this." he stated.

She laughed, and was going to say something, but Jacob's head snapped to the side, as he placed a finger over her mouth to silence her. She heard a loud howl come from the forest. He groaned loudly, "Come on!" he said, grabbing her by the hand. Next thing she knew, they were both running full force towards Sam's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image