Who Knew

Plastics

Piper walked into the school the next day, and straight to her locker. There she found her two best friends Ireland and Haylie standing. She opened her locker quickly, and grabbed her books out for the first three classes. Haylie seemed to notice her attitude, which hadn't improved from the night before.

"Problem, Pip?" Haylie asked.

Piper frowned, "You know. . . The normal, just scoring a date with a Forks High senior, and possibly a prom invitation along with it, only to have everything ruined by my brother." She said.

Ireland laughed bitterly, "I told you Paul would somehow find out. I on the other hand scored my prom date invitation. You're looking at Tyler Crowley's prom date ladies." Ireland said with confidence as she smiled.

Piper frowned knowing one of her best friends was going to Forks prom without her. The only reason they wanted to go to the Forks prom was because they was positive it would be much better than the lame one on the reservation. The three of them began to make their way down the hallways acting as if they owned the school. Piper noticed them getting ready to pass Jacob's crew, and she just tossed some of her blond hair over her shoulder.

"Plastics." Jacob coughed, as they passed, which earned a laugh from Quil and Embry.

Piper stopped dead in her tracks and turned around, "What did you say Black?" She said, looking at him with a raised eyebrow.

Jacob smirked, and mocked her as he tossed some of his long silky black hair over his shoulder, "I didn't say anything, Plastic. . . I mean Piper." He said, a smug look on his face.

She rolled her eyes, "You aren't even high enough on the food chain to talk to about me, and please try to be original if you do. Stealing insults from the movie Mean Girls is pretty pathetic. It just shows how much of a queer you are by quoting the movie." She said, smiling and then walking away with her friends.

Jacob groaned as he shut his locker door, "Can that girl get anymore annoying? I think the bleach just soaks into her brain more and more everyday."

"I think it's natural." Quil said.

Jacob looked at him with a raised eyebrow, "Quil, you're retarded." He said, taking off to his next class. Embry chuckled, and followed behind Jacob.

Piper flicked her nails as she pretended to pay attention to the teacher. She hated going to school here. She sometimes felt as if she was too good for this school. She knew that deep down inside though she was wrong. She sometimes just said or done certain things to make herself look higher than those around her.

When she had first started school on the reservation, she was teased and alone. No one would talk to her or have anything to do with her because she was the 'white girl'. She stayed by herself for several years, until she finally met Haylie and Ireland.

At one time; the three of them wasn't known as the reservation bitches; or plastics as Jacob Black called them. They were three nice girls who got along with everyone. Ireland though, always thought that the three of them should be put on display. She thought they were the three prettiest girls on the reservation, not to mention the three most unique. So that's when they started acting like they were better than everyone else.

It didn't really bug Piper though, At least she knew she had friends, and she had no problem scoring a date with guys. Not only did guys on the reservation, but also guys in Forks asked her out on a normal basis.

"Watch this." Ireland whispered to Piper.

Piper watched as Ireland scooted a note across the floor and placed it under Jacob Black's foot. Piper raised an eyebrow at her friend, and then watched as she raised her hand.

"Yes Miss Dunn?" The teacher asked.

"Jacob Black's note passing is taking away from my learning." Ireland said innocently.

Jacob Black turned around and looked at her with shock, "What are you talking about plastic?" He asked her, his voice annoyed.

"I'm talking about the note you're trying to hide under your shoe."

The teacher walked over and picked up the note. She shook her head, "That'll be an hour in after school detention Mr. Black." She said, as she walked back up to the front of class and placed the note into the trash, "Now on with the lesson." She said, and began talking about some war.

Piper giggled, and then smirked when Jacob Black looked back at her. He rolled his eyes and turned around and watched the rest of the lesson. Once class was over, Piper strolled out of the room, and began going to her next room, when she felt her arm being grabbed. She turned around and looked deep into the brown eyes of no other than Jacob Black.

"Let go of me, fag!" She yelled, breaking her arm away from him.

"No, you listen to me you plastic. Stop trying to ruin my life! I don't have time to sit an hour in after school detention. I have better things to do with my time!" He yelled.

"Like what? Compare how much you and your friends are lacking down stairs?" Piper shot back.

He opened his mouth to say something but Paul cleared his throat from behind Piper, "Let her go, Jake."

Jacob groaned, "Paul, you need to teach your sister some respect. No wonder she isn't accepted here." Jacob said angrily, as he walked away.

His comment stabbed Piper deep. The only thing she ever wanted to be was accepted on the reservation. It was hard enough with her being a Caucasian with blond hair and blue eyes, let alone the queen bitch at school.

"Don't listen to what he said, Pip."

"He's right." She said, trying to prevent the tears from escaping.

"We've went over this a thousand times, You're accepted here."

She turned to look at her brother, and shook her head, "If I'm accepted it's because I'm your sister and people are scared of me! I'm the white girl on the reservation Paul! I'm the outcast."

He shook his head, "You're wrong, Piper. You're one of us. You've always been one of us."

She rolled her eyes, "Whatever, I'll never fit in here." She said, taking off for her next class.