Who Knew

Rumor

Piper decided to sleep in the next morning. She knew Jacob had patrolled the night before, which meant he was probably going to be sleeping in as well. About ten in the morning, her phone started going off. She groaned as she reached over and picked it up. She looked at the name flashing on the screen and raised up out of the bed.

"Hey Haylie." She said to her friend.

"Hey, I would ask how you are, but I figured you'd want to know what's going on."

"What's going on?" Piper asked.

"Ireland spread a bunch of rumors about you, Piper. She told some local guys you've got an STD and slept around with pretty much the entire senior class of Forks high."

"You're kidding!"

"No, I'm not. I'm sorry, Piper. I told her I thought it was wrong, and I also told her I didn't want to be her friend anymore either. I can't believe she'd do this to you. It's so immature."

"I can't believe it either." Piper groaned, "She knows I'm still a virgin! How could I have a freaking STD?"

"She's just causing trouble for you, Piper. Try not to let it bother you."

Piper nodded her head and ended her phone conversation with her friend. She tossed the covers off her legs and groaned loudly. She couldn't believe Ireland would do this. People would actually probably believe her since she did go on many dates with guys from Forks. But she never did more than kiss with them. She respected herself and her body. She walked down the stairs and saw her brother passed out on the couch. She needed to take her mind off the rumor, and decided the best way to do that would be to cook.

She made pancakes and sausage, and then woke Paul up so he could eat. She licked over her lips and decided she might as well break the news to Paul, before he heard it from someone else and got jail time for murdering half the Forks population.

"I need to talk to you about something."

"What's that?"

"Ireland started a rumor on me."

"Why?" He asked.

"Because we're not friends anymore. She told me to choose between her and Jacob, and of course I picked Jacob. Anyways, she basically told everyone that I have an STD, and I'm a whore who slept around with countless guys from Forks."

"She's always been such a bitch!" Paul growled, "I can't believe she'd do that to you."

"Yeah, she's heartless."

"Don't worry about it, Piper. People aren't going to believe that crap."

"I'm not worried about people believing it. I'm worried about Jacob believing it."

"Jacob will believe you."

She sighed, and then emptied the contents of her plate into the trash can, "I sure hope so." She said, washing the plate.

About the time she finished washing the plate there was a knocking at the door. Paul placed his plate into the sink, and told her he would get it. She continued to wash the plates, as Paul talked to the person. She smiled she recognized the voice, and then heard foot steps walking into the kitchen.

"Hey beautiful." Jacob said, walking close to her and wrapping his arms around her from behind.

She leaned back into his frame, and continued washing dishes, "Hey babe."

"How are you?" He asked, placing a soft kiss upon her cheek.

"Horrible." She said, turning around and looking at him.

He frowned, "What's wrong?"

"Ireland spread a rumor about me."

"It can't be that bad." He said, leaning down and kissing her softly on the forehead.

"She called me a STD infected whore who basically slept with everyone at Forks high." She said dryly.

He sighed, and leaned down and kissed her softly on the lips, "She's just angry at you for picking me."

"It doesn't matter!" She spat, "It doesn't give her the right to say that about me. She knows I'm a virgin!"

Jacob was actually kind of shocked by Piper being a virgin. He had assumed she had at least slept with one of the many guys he had heard of her going on dates with.

"Baby, calm down." He said.

"Jacob, this is going to make me look so bad. Which in return will make you look bad."

"No one will believe her."

"Everyone will! Haylie said she's practically told everyone."

"Don't worry about it, okay?" Jacob said leaning down and kissing her softly on the lips.

She sighed, "I just wish. . ."

"I'm taking you out tonight." He said, not allowing her to finish her sentence.

She smiled, "You don't have to patrol?"

"Nope. I'm off tonight. So we're going out. We'll even have the house to ourselves when we get back because Paul has to patrol."

She smiled, "What about your dad though?" She asked, her smile fading to a frown.

"He'll be alright. He's going out on a fishing trip with Charlie Swan. He won't be home until tomorrow evening."

She nodded her head, "So, we have a date?"

"Yep. A date." He said, kissing her once again, "I'll be back here later today, alright? I need to run by and fill Collin and Brady in on some things. If. . . I can get them away from their imprints."

"They imprinted too?"

Jacob laughed, "It's apparently imprinting season. Everyone has imprinted but Leah. . . I think we're going to have another bonfire next weekend to celebrate."

She smiled, "You aren't gonna ditch me this time are you?"

He kissed her hard on the lips, "Wouldn't dream of it." He stated, before walking out the front door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image