Who Knew

Jacob's Thoughts

Piper starred into his deep chocolate eyes for several minutes trying to register what he had just said. He was now jumping around his room, looking for clothing, and tossing the ripped condom and wrapper into the trash can. She just sat there on the bed not knowing what to think.

"What do you mean it split?" She asked him, her voice barely above a whisper.

Jacob sighed and came over and sat down next to her. They had pretty much just had unprotected sex, and he didn't know what to say to her. He picked up her sweat shirt from the floor and handed it to her. She slipped it on, and then she pulled her bare legs up to her chest and hugged them tightly.

"So, it was like we didn't even use anything, right?"

He simply nodded his head.

"Jacob! What if. . . what if I'm pregnant now?"

"I don't know." He whispered.

"My God." She frowned, laying back in the bed.

She was sixteen years old. Having a baby at sixteen was not something she was looking forward to. She was so scared. Jacob grabbed her a pair of his boxers, and pulled them up on her. It seemed like Piper was in a state of mind where she really didn't know what was going on around her. He sighed, and climbed in bed beside her. He couldn't believe that just a little while ago, they were losing their virginity to each other, and now they were worried about possibly being pregnant.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, stroking her hair.

"It's not your fault." She said, snuggling up close to him, "It's no ones fault. Accidents happen."

"It was snug in the beginning, I should have just. . ."

"It's no ones fault, Jacob. . . I might not even be. . ." She couldn't even make herself say the word, "What are the odds with one time?"

"I don't know." He sighed, "Your brother is going to kill me." He muttered.

She didn't say anything, because she knew he was right. If he did indeed get her pregnant at the age of sixteen, Paul would probably beat the crap out of him. Many things just kept going through her mind. She was merely sixteen, almost seventeen, getting ready to start her junior year of high school. She was trying to run a house by herself, and keep up with her boyfriend, however now she might have to deal with a possibly pregnancy.

He laid down beside her and pulled her into his arms. Being a father at sixteen was not something he wanted. But he knew that if it happened, then he would be the best he could be. He held Piper close to him and kissed her softly on the temple.

"Everything is going to be okay." He whispered.

"What if I'm pregnant?"

"Then. . .we'll deal with it."

"Jacob, we're not even seventeen."

"I'll be seventeen in three weeks, Pip."

"But we're sixteen now! We're not even out of high school. We can't have a baby!"

"Shhh." He shushed her, and kissed her temple again, "Just get some sleep, okay? There is no way we can know for sure until a couple of weeks from now. We'll just have to deal with it. Don't stress, okay?"

She nodded her head and cuddled up close to him. He held her in his arms and listened as her breathing evened out, and she eventually fell asleep. He couldn't sleep. He couldn't think about anything but the possibility of her being pregnant. What if she was? He would never give the baby up, and he knew Piper wouldn't either.

If she was pregnant, a lot of things would need to change. Not only would he need to get a job, but he would also need to focus more on Piper. He knew a lot of people would be disappointed in them, including Paul, her mom, and especially his dad. But what could they do about that? They had tried being careful, it's not their fault the condom broke.

After hours of thinking about it, Jacob smiled as he pictured Piper with a round stomach. He didn't know what was coming over him, but for some odd reason, he was hoping she was pregnant with his baby. He knew it would be a hard task, but he thought they were ready for it.

Then again he started thinking about it and realized it wasn't the right time for this. Piper was right. They were young, and weren't even out of high school. He wanted a baby with her, but not right now. They needed to get out of school, and find themselves good jobs before they even thought about becoming pregnant.

He sighed, as he ran his fingers through her hair. He also thought about her being pregnant while the threat of vampires lurked in the shadows. He didn't like that one bit. He didn't like the thought of her being around a vampire, let alone his unborn baby being around one.

He swallowed hard as he looked down at her radiant face. He loved her more than anything, and wanted a family with her, but he was positive the time wasn't right. He just hoped that she wasn't pregnant. He didn't know how they would deal with having a baby right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image