Who Knew

Paper Balls

Piper walked into school the next morning holding the hand of Jacob. She had hardly slept the night before, even though he had promised everything would be okay. They had broke the news to Paul this morning, and needless to say he had been freaking out since they told him. He hadn't killed Jacob, which was the only plus of the day. Piper knew she wouldn't have to tell people for a couple of months, but she couldn't avoid it forever.

She and Jacob walked by Ireland and who Piper assumed her replacement best friends. They snickered, and whispered to each other. She figured they were talking about her and the rumor Ireland had spread. Jacob leaned over to her, "The pack and imprints out number her. Don't worry about anything."

She nodded her head. Jacob was actually right. The pack and imprints all attended school at the reservation now. Even the girls who lived in Forks transferred over so they could spend more time with their boyfriends. She also had Haylie. She placed a smile on her face as she and Jacob stopped by their lockers.

Her brother came walking down the hallway holding the hand of Kathy. A lot of girls were upset that Paul had been taken off the market. He only had eyes for Kathy now, which was something the girls didn't understand. Paul had never been the guy to tie himself down to one woman.

"Hey you two." Paul said, and then looked at his sister, "You holding up okay?"

She nodded her head. Paul leaned over and kissed her on the forehead, and then began walking down the hallway with Kathy behind him. Piper knew he was trying to not over react, and she thanked him for that.

Piper walked into first period with Jacob and smiled as she spotted Haylie, Embry, and Quil. She was glad they had almost all classes together. The school on the reservation was small, and grades were normally all shoved together. She had almost all her classes with the other juniors. The only time they really didn't have the same schedule was during elective classes.

"How's first day going?" Haylie asked.

Piper had texted her this morning and let her know the results.

"It's going okay. How about yours?"

Haylie laughed, "Besides being called a lesbian every ten minutes, it's going fine."

Piper smiled, "Definitely not what we thought Junior year would be."

Haylie smiled, "Nope, but I wouldn't change it. It all happened for a reason."

The teacher shushed the two girls from talking and began talking to them about what would be covered over the year. Piper watched the woman speak and tried to pay attention to what she was saying. The woman turned around and began scribbling something on the chalk board and that's when a paper ball landed on her neck. She rolled her eyes and opened the ball up.

In large black bold letters was a message to her.

STUPID STD INFECTED SLUT

She starred at the words on the page for several moments, knowing their was no truth behind them. She wasn't stupid. She didn't have STDs. She also wasn't a slut, she had only slept with one person, and he was the person she planned on spending the rest of her life with. She then remembered the growing baby inside of her. When people discovered she was pregnant at the age of sixteen, that would give them even more reason to believe the rumors.

"What's that?" Jacob asked.

She ripped the piece of paper up into pieces and placed it in her bag, "It's nothing." She lied.

The last thing she needed was an angry Jacob. He didn't need to know she was having a hard time in school. He was going to go into protective mode, and possibly kill anyone who messed with her.

Instead of paying attention to her studies, she began wondering about things that needed to happen with the baby. She knew a doctors appointment needed to be made. She would also need to talk to her mother. That was one conversation she wasn't looking forward to having. She was positive her mother would freak out, and suggest she either move back home, or Piper come to New York.

She tried to look at the bright side to life. Jacob's birthday was in a week, and she needed to plan something for him and also buy him something. She had no clue what to get him, but she needed to think quickly. She thought maybe she and Haylie could go out into Forks this weekend when he and Leah patrolled to pick something out.

"Hey baby, you okay?" Jacob asked.

"I'm fine."

"You've been quiet all day."

"Just thinking about a lot of things."

He sighed, and ran his hands through her hair, "Well then. Let's get you home." Jacob said.

He walked her to her house and stayed with her for awhile. He couldn't take his eyes off her. He loved her already, but when he realized she was actually pregnant with his baby, then his love for her grew even more. He knew somehow they would make things work.

"I need to get home for a bit. I'll stop back by later. I'll come in through the window." He said, leaning down and kissing her softly on the forehead.

"Okay, see you soon."

She watched as he disappeared. Probably off to spend some time with his father before he came back to see her. She didn't know how he was going to juggle everything. Not only was he a shape shifter, who would have to deal with the threat of vampires. But he was a high school junior, and a father to be. He had his hands full.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Okay, so I've listened to everyone's suggestions, and almost everyone wants to see a Edward, Jasper, or Paul story.

I'm down to do either one, so starting right now; please leave a comment as to which one you would like. Only comment once please -- I'll be keeping track starting right now (I'll be counting after mynameisgrace's comment on page sixteen), and whoever has the most votes by the time this story hits chapter 45 will be the winner. Hopefully I can start working on the story before this one ends, and get it out to guys when I finish this one up.

Thanks to everyone for making all the great suggestions! If you wanted someone different than those three then I'm sorry; and maybe in the future I'll do one.