Who Knew

Imprint Central

Over the next two days many of the guys had been taking shifts around protecting the imprints. Somehow Billy and the rest of the elders had managed to make La Push close down the schools for the week. No one really knew how they managed to do it, but they did. It was a good thing though, to make sure everyone would be home safe. Piper's house was open to the imprints that didn't live on La Push. She was basically having a full blown sleep over for the next couple of days. With the day of battle approaching quickly, things on the reservation were becoming hectic.

"Okay, so Kathy is in my room. Sammy and Jessie Ray are in mom's old room. Haylie's going to be staying in your room. We have Emily and Claire on the pull out couch. Kim, Lexi, and Kari are going to be sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags. That's everyone right?" Paul asked, as he looked around the house.

They had changed their home into imprint central. It made it much easier in case they needed to find one of them. Brady and Collin were staying behind to make sure they stayed safe. Piper didn't like the idea of war, but she knew it needed to happen. Jacob and Paul needed to go to protect the tribe and get rid of the vampires.

"Are you worried?" Jessie Ray asked.

"Of course." Piper said.

"Me too. . . I can't believe Carissa was working for those stupid vampires. She just seemed so interested in everyone."

"What do you mean interested in everyone, Jes?"

"She would ask me a lot of questions about everyone, especially you. She thought it was cool that you were pregnant and taking care of the baby instead of just giving it up. I really didn't think she caused any harm."

"She fooled everyone, kid." Piper said, ruffling Jessie Ray's hair.

Even though they only had a couple years difference between them, she still called her kid sometimes. She had bonded with Jessie Ray on a level she hadn't with the other girls. She actually looked at her as a smaller sister figure.

"We could always just watch some movies to take our mind off things." Kathy suggested.

"That we could." Emily said, "How about we fix some pop corn and make this a girls night?"

Jacob ran through the forest along side his brothers. They had worked hard over the past couple of days preparing for the big fight. He was happy to know that Piper and all the other imprints were secured in one location with Brady and Collin. The last thing he needed to worry about was something happening to his pregnant girlfriend.

When they arrived to the cleaning Carlisle Cullen announced that the vampires were on their way. It was now only a matter of time before they arrived. Jacob just wished they would hurry and arrive.

Meanwhile back at the house the girls began watching a movie. However Piper couldn't keep her eyes away from the window. She just had an over all bad feeling about this.

She starred at Collin and Brady out the window, and then watched suddenly as the two of them took off running. "Brady and Collin just took off running." Piper announced.

Everyone rushed to the window and watched as the two boys ran into the forest. Piper didn't know what was going on, but then a loud noise was heard and fire could be seen in the sky.

"What the hell was that?" Emily asked.

"It looks like some sort of fire by first beach."

"It looks like it's near Jacob's house." Haylie commented.

Fear rocked through Piper as she thought about Billy being stuck inside a burning house, unable to get out due to his wheel chair. She didn't even think twice about her decision. She just took off running out the door and down the reservation roads. Emily excited the house and yelled after her, but Haylie was the one who chased her.

"Piper! What are you doing!? We're suppose to stay back at your house!" Haylie screamed.

Piper kept running. She wouldn't be able to live with herself if something happened to Billy and she knew she maybe could have prevented it. She arrived at the Black house and didn't see any damage, though she could still see the smoke rising to the sky. Then she heard the muffed sobbing of someone. She took off running around back, with Haylie following behind her.

"Help me! Help me!"

Piper entered the garage, as did Haylie. They looked around for the person begging for help, but they couldn't find anyone. As Piper turned around her eyes widened as she starred deeply into the crimson eyes of several men.

"Grab them both." One instructed.

Piper and Haylie both let out awful screams as the two grabbed them and tossed them over their shoulder's with little effort. They were then running through the forest at extreme speeds. Piper knew right then and there this had been a set up, and she and Haylie were now the bait. She mentally cursed herself for being so stupid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image