Who Knew

The Final Showdown

The vampires attacked without warning and there was many of them. Jacob was so glad they had prepared for this fight. Even though they were out numbered, everything was going according to plan. Until he could hear the thought of Brady and Collin. He instantly became worried. Jacob tried to focus on the fight in front of him, but through the thoughts of the boys he heard them say something about a fire, and then they mentioned two girls leaving. He then heard the name that made his heart drop to the pits of his stomach.

He heard Piper's name.

This only fueled something in him, that made him charge forward and dismember vampires at a quick pace. He knew he needed to get to Piper as quickly as possibly, just the thought of someone hurting her or their baby made him extremely angry.

Piper and Haylie were placed up against trees. Haylie was sobbing, and Piper kept looking around at the five individuals surrounding her. Four of them had crimson eyes, while another one had piercing blue. The one with blue had long flowing black hair, and a frown across her lips. Piper assumed this was the human.

"Well, this should be a very nice distraction for the wolves. Now Carissa. Explain to me how these two are important." Victoria purred in a musical voice.

The young girl stepped forward and pointed to Haylie first.

"She's dating the female werewolf."

"Oh, a little lesbian action. Maybe I could get involved?" Victoria smirked.

"Shut up!" Haylie hissed, "You will never get away with this you stupid walking dead!"

Victoria cackled, "Oh my dear. I am afraid I will get away with this. After all, your little wolves are too busy with the others to even care about you."

Haylie huffed, and then Victoria moved her gaze to Piper. Piper inhaled deeply, not wanting to hear what Carissa had to say about her.

"Her name is Piper. She's not only dating one of the werewolves, but her brother is also one. Not to mention she's pregnant. . ."

A evil wicked smile spread across Victoria's face as she glanced down at the blond. She cackled out as she walked over and wrapped one of her hands around Piper's throat. Even though Piper struggled, Victoria raised her up and held her high in the air with one single hand.

"A pregnant teenager whose dating a werewolf. You really know how to disappoint your parents, don't you?" She said, using her free hand and pulled Piper's t-shirt up to reveal her small baby bump. "How adorable. You can't be more than a couple of months. You do know it's not healthy for pregnant women to tango with vampires, right?" She said, as she dropped Piper to the ground without warning.

Piper cried out in pain as she landed on her wrist. The drop wouldn't have been bad if she would have prepared herself for it. She had tears in her eyes as she looked over at Haylie. She couldn't believe she had been stupid enough to risk her life. Haylie's life. The life of her unborn child. If anything happened to her. . . to any of them she didn't know if she would be able to live with herself.

Jacob looked around and noticed many of the vampires had now been killed. However, one was still missing. The fiery red head who had created the army. Edward seemed to read his thoughts. Jacob's face shifted to Alice as her mouth dropped and she gasped out.

"Jacob! We need to go now!" Alice said, as she and Edward both began moving through the woods quickly.

Jacob began running after them, with Leah not too far behind him. She had discovered Piper was also accompanied by Haylie, and she would do anything to keep her imprint safe.

Jacob didn't know what Alice had saw, but he knew it was probably bad news if she said he needed to get there quick. He just prayed that she was okay. He couldn't live without her.

Piper struggled as one of the vampires picked her up and tossed her over his shoulder with ease. Piper assumed they were changing locations as she watched one pick Haylie up as well. Haylie struggled and fell to the ground, landing on a rock, which ended up scratching her elbow. She saw a small line of blood move it's way down Haylie's arm. That's when Piper found herself being tossed across the forest.

She watched as the vampires both leaped forward on her friend. She screamed for someone to help, but no one could hear her. She closed her eyes as she heard the ripping of skin, and Haylie's final screams. This was all her fault.

"Oopsie Daisy. Looks like your friend is history. Come on dear." Victoria said, getting ready to lift Piper up and disappear with her.

Piper watched as blurs came in from the forest. She then heard a loud howl as one of the wolves leaped on the two vampires who were fighting over Haylie. Piper watched as the russet colored wolf, leaped forward on Victoria.

A vampire with short black hair appeared by Piper's side. She knew she was a Cullen due to seeing her earlier in the week, and the color of her eyes. The girl scooped her up in her arms, and saw some of the pain Piper was in from being tossed across the forest.

"Edward, I'm taking Piper to Carlisle for an examination! Help Leah and Jacob!"

Jacob was aware that Alice was taking Piper away. He didn't even get a chance to see if she and the baby were okay. He just knew he needed to take down the vampires first. If they got the upper hand on them then that wouldn't be a good idea. He finished off the red head, and then he noticed some of the other wolves and Cullen's had joined them. He took one look at Haylie, and knew she hadn't made it. Leah's pain became every ones pain as she looked into the eyes of the second love she had lost.

"Jacob."

Even though he was still in wolf form, he could communicate with Edward through thoughts.

"Alice took Piper to have Carlisle check her and the baby out. They are back at our house. I'm sure you'd like to go see her."

Jacob nodded his head, and then began running towards the Cullen residence. The pack and the rest of the Cullens could take care the vampires.

Jacob transformed into his human form and changed into some shorts Alice had laid on the banister, as he walked inside he heard Piper's loud screaming.

"She's got a broken arm." Carlisle noted, "I need to run some test to make sure the baby's okay."

Jacob walked over and sat down on the chair beside his girlfriend. He grabbed her hand in his and clutched it tightly. He just prayed everything would be fine and they wouldn't lose their baby.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image