Who Knew

Guilt

Piper was in a lot of pain. She had been too shocked to notice any of it before. Shocked to see her best friend being fought over by two vampires. Carlisle was in the process of putting a cast on her arm, and checking over the baby. She was praying everything was alright. Jacob was clutching onto her hand, but she couldn't even look him in the eyes.

She felt so guilty for what had happened to Haylie. If she hadn't have ran out like an idiot, then they wouldn't be in this very condition.

"There was nothing you could have done, Piper. One way or another they were getting someone." Edward said, walking into the room with Bella behind him.

"What are you talking about?" Jacob asked looking up at Edward.

Piper hadn't said anything, so Jacob was very confused. However, then he realized Edward must have been reading her thoughts.

"She feels guilty over Haylie."

"Baby, don't feel guilty."

"It's my fault." She mumbled, "I shouldn't have left."

"It's okay," Jacob said, "Everything will be okay." He whispered, leaning down and kissing her softly on the forehead.

Carlisle pushed in on her stomach, and then ran a few test on her to make sure the baby was okay. He didn't know how but some how the baby was fine even after the impact of Piper being tossed across the forest by a vampire.

"The baby seems to be fine. I can not see any damage."

"Thank God." Jacob breathed, "See everything is fine."

"Haylie's dead." Piper muttered.

Jacob sighed. He didn't know what to say to his girlfriend. Her best friend was dead. There was nothing anyone could do about that. The Cullen's had attempted to change her into a vampire and everything, however her heart stopped beating.

Carlisle said that it would be best for Piper to get some sleep, so they moved her up to one of the Cullen's bedroom for comfort. Jacob walked down the stairs and looked at Edward, hoping he could fill him in on some of the gaps he was missing.

"Why did Piper go?" He asked Edward.

"There was something about a fire. She kept thinking about a fire, and your dad."

Jacob shook his head, and the Cullen doors swung open to reveal Emily and Sam. Jacob filled Emily in on Piper's condition, and she rushed upstairs to be with her.

"How is Leah holding up?" Jacob asked Sam.

"She's not taking it well. But who would? She feels like she's been destroyed."

"Piper feels awful."

"Leah isn't blaming her, if that's what you're thinking. Leah is more or less blaming herself for not getting to Haylie in time."

"It just sucks that this happened." Jacob sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"It does, but it's over now. We found out why the girls ran." Sam explained.

"A fire?"

"They thought your house was on fire. Piper ran to help, thinking Billy might be trapped inside unable to move because of the wheel chair. Haylie ran after her, and I guess that's when they had the vampires take them. How's the baby?"

"Carlisle said the baby should be fine."

"And Piper?"

"Feeling like shit. She has a broken arm. Some scratches and bruises. That damned leech tossed her across the forest when Haylie fell and scratched her arm. I guess they went into a frenzy around the fresh blood."

Alice came bouncing into the room with a smile on her face. Jacob looked over at her with confusion.

"You're going to have a little girl, Jacob!" She declared.

"What?"

"A baby girl. That's what you're having." Alice stated.

"How do you know that? I didn't think you could see us?"

"I can't see you, and right now I can see Piper due to her being pregnant with your baby-- however I can see myself and Bella shopping for baby clothes, and all I see is pink."

Jacob smiled, hoping Alice was right. He talked to Sam a bit more before walking up and seeing Piper sitting up in the bed talking to Emily.

"You're suppose to be sleeping."

"I can't sleep here. It's not home." She stated.

He smiled, "You wanna go home then? I think the doc will let you."

She nodded her head, and soon they were heading back to La Push. Paul was waiting for his sister with open arms. Today had been life changing for everyone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Probably be the last update for a few days. I'll try to update again on Friday, if not then, on Saturday. <3

Only a few more chapters of this to go. Then I'll have a Jasper story out, and a Paul story following not too far behind that. :)

Image