Who Knew

Talk With Quil

Piper laughed with her friends as they walked out of the front doors of the school. Today had been their last day, and Piper was more than excited to spend the next couple of months laying on the beach, and not having to worry about waking up early.

"I can't wait to go on vacation." Ireland squealed.

"How long will you be gone?" Piper questioned.

"About a month. We're going to vacation in Hawaii for two weeks, and then visit family in Florida for the other two weeks. I'm sure I'll return with one hell of a tan."

"Lucky you. I'm only going to California for a week or maybe two." Haylie.

"At least you two are leaving La Push! I'm not going anywhere." Piper pouted.

Her friends frowned, but then the frowns were gone when a new conversation started. The girls made plans to hang out before they both went on their vacations. Piper was kind of sad that she wouldn't be leaving La Push for a vacation. She would settle with going anywhere.

She walked inside her house and saw Paul arguing with her mom. Her mom was asking him why he was always so tired, and how come he was never home. She could see that Paul was trying to remain calm, and just asking their mom to leave him alone.

"Just drop it mom. I'm not doing anything bad. It's La Push for God's sake."

"You're seventeen and staying out at all hours of the night. What's a mother to expect?"

"Mom, come on. The crime rate in La Push is like negative ten percent. Stop worrying so much. You'll give yourself wrinkles." He said, a smile coming on his face.

Susie couldn't help but to smile. She pulled Paul into a hug and kissed his cheek, "Better be glad I love you kid." She said, and then greeted Piper with a warm smile, "How was your day sweet heart?"

"It was good. How was work?"

Susie sighed, "Alright I guess. I have an evening shift tonight."

Piper frowned, "Mom you just worked a morning shift."

She half smiled, "We're low on nurses."

Susie went off to prepare herself for her evening shift, while Piper looked at Paul with a cocked eyebrow. She knew he had skipped half a day of school, and was wondering why.

"So, why'd you skip half the day?"

"Oh come on, Pip. It was the last day anyways."

"Still!"

He laughed, "Don't worry your cute little head about it. I've gotta go hang with Jacob and Embry. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

Her face turned to shock, "Wait a second. You're hanging out with Jacob Black now?"

Paul nodded his head, "Yeah. . ."

"What the heck is going on?" She questioned, "First Embry, and now Jacob. . ."

Paul shrugged, "It's nothing." He said, and then walked out the front door. Piper shook her head, and decided to take a walk by the beach. It was cool out, and almost time for the sun to go down.

She told her mother where she was going and then changed into some jean shorts, and a tank top. She pulled her hair into a pony tail, and then slipped on some flip flops. She walked out of the house, and breathed in the fresh air. The best thing about living on La Push was the air, it was so crisp and clean. She began walking to the beach, waving slightly to the neighbors who happened to be sitting on their porches.

It wasn't long before she had her flip flops in one hand, and the sand between her toes. She stood and watched the waves come in.

"Piper Parker?" A voice asked.

She turned around and saw Quil standing there. She didn't talk to him much, but she wasn't totally a bitch. "Hi Quil."

"Enjoying the view?" He asked, pointing to the sun.

She smiled and nodded her head, "Yeah. . . What are you doing?"

"Just. . . decided to see if anyone was hanging out down here." He replied honestly.

She could hear the sadness in his voice, "Why don't you hang out with Jacob and Embry?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "I think their avoiding me."

"That's lame of them."

He sighed, "It's kind of like Sam and your brother have brainwashed them." Quil said.

"Sam and my brother? What are you talking about Quil? What's going on."

He sighed, "I don't even know Piper. I just know Embry changed first, he wouldn't speak to Jake or me. He bulked up. He cut his hair. He started hanging out with Sam, Paul, and Jared. Now Jake's the same way. I just don't know what's going on!"

"Jacob hasn't been to school any this week." Piper said, remembering he wasn't there for Ireland to pick on.

Quil nodded, "I noticed that as well. I called a hundred times to see if I had done something wrong, but Billy says he's just busy. He hasn't even spoke to Bella."

"Whose Bella?" Piper asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

"This girl he's practically head over heels for." Quil said, not knowing how else to explain her.

Piper nodded her head, "I'm sure things will get better soon, Quil." She said, and then decided to walk away. She didn't know what else to say to him. She was actually surprised she had talked to him as long as she did. She had never held down a conversation with him. They hadn't even spoke ten words to each other this school year, even though they had almost all the same classes.

Piper returned home, and decided that she was determined to find out what was going on with Paul and his friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image