Who Knew

Explanation

Minutes later, Piper was sitting on the couch in the living room surrounded by her brother's friends. Paul was pacing back and forth in the center of the room. No one had said a word to her. Jacob Black's eyes were fixed on hers, and she couldn't help but to stare back at him. She had always secretly thought Jacob was cute. He had a good personality, he was nice, and he seemed like a all around good guy, But Ireland disliked him for some reason, which ultimately meant Piper disliked him.

"Can someone please tell me what's going on?" She begged to the guys.

Paul sighed, "Piper, please don't make us tell you anything. I promise it's not worth knowing."

"She needs to know, Paul." Jared said.

"Shut up, Jared! She's not your fucking sister!"

Piper sighed, "Ignore the hot head, and someone PLEASE tell me what's going on before I freaking flip out." She said.

Sam laughed silently, and then nodded his head towards Jacob. Jacob needed to explain to her what imprinting was, and then Sam and the older guys would take it from there.

"You're my imprint, Piper."

"You said that earlier. Now what the heck is an imprint?"

He sighed, and ran a hand through his shortly cropped hair. "Don't freak out, okay?"

"Already freaking out." She said, leaning back in the couch and crossing her arms over her chest.

He licked over his lips, "It's kind of like finding your soul mate. I imprinted on you because I'm destined to be with you."

"Wait a second. . . Why. . . I'm so confused."

"Let me start from the beginning." Sam said, "We're not exactly what you think."

"Oh, I'm well aware that you guys are a little on the crazy side at the moment." Piper shot back.

"Just let him explain." Paul said unhappily, as he leaned against the door.

Piper watched as Sam opened his mouth. She listened as he explained the legends she had heard a thousand times at the bonfires. Only he explained that the legends were true. There were protectors of the tribe who took the form of a wolf.

"Wait a second, you guys. . . are wolves?"

"Shape shifters." Jared corrected her.

"So, a werewolf, right?"

Paul rolled his eyes, "We may take the form of a wolf, but we are not werewolves, Piper." He scolded his sister.

She shrugged, "Okay, whatever. . . go on."

Sam then continued to explain to her about phasing, patrolling, and then finally the reason for them being shape shifters. She gasped when he explained vampires were near by.

"You mean. . . vampires exist?"

"Yes. Actually a coven lives in Forks."

"You're freaking kidding!" She said loudly.

Sam used the next hour or so to fill any holes he may had left out. By the time he finished, Piper was left with her mouth hanging open and lots of information to absorb. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. She felt as if she had been tossed in a total world of make believe. Her brother was a werewolf. Vampire's lived in the town next to her, and Jacob Black, who she had picked on from the time she was a young girl was her soul mate.

"Ireland will freak out when she finds out." She muttered.

"You can't tell anyone!" Sam scolded, "You're only allowed to know because your Jacob's imprint."

Her mouth dropped, "You expect me to keep this a secret?"

"You have to keep it a secret."

She ran a hand through her blond locks, "This is insane! Totally out of this world for sure."

After Sam made Piper promise that she wouldn't tell a soul, he and everyone but Paul and Jacob left to go to Sam's house.

"You can go too you know." Paul said to Jacob.

"I wanted to talk to her." Jacob stated.

"I'm talking to her first." Paul warned him.

Jacob nodded. "I'll step outside for a bit then."

Piper watched as Jacob walked outside. She looked over at her brother, wondering what he was going to say to her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image