Letters From Jack

Findings

Zoey Lyric Anderson was not your normal girl. Not in the least bit. She had over come more in her twenty one years than most people would imagine. Not only was she an up and coming model, but she had survived a very tragic accident in her youth which would have left most people without hope. At the age of fifteen she was involved in a tragic car accident with her older cousin Rosalie. Rosalie died on impact, and Zoey survived. Though her survival didn't come without a cost. When she woke up, she couldn't remember anything from her life. She couldn't put a name with a face, nor could she tell a doctor her own name. The only things that stayed in her mind were mobile, such as walking and talking. It was as if someone had sucked every memory out of her. Some of her memories returned over the years, but not many. Sometimes she'll get glances, and peeps of what she thinks is a snippet of her youth.

She resided in a Georgia home with her parents, Claire and Kenneth. They had been her support system for years. After her accident, they have moved away from their home in Gotham, to one in Athen's. She didn't know why they moved; but her mom had always insisted that after the accident it was good to start over. Claire claimed there were too many bad memories in Gotham. Zoey couldn't really protest this since she didn't remember anything from her youth.

She had a small photo album that held photos of people she didn't even know. After her accident, her mom would sit and explain who each person in the snap shots were. Some were friends, while others were family. She didn't even notice that the album was missing random pictures. A white space would be on a every other page; where a photo was once placed. She never thought to ask her mother if a photo had been removed, of if she just hadn't placed one there. That never seemed like a important conversation.

Even though she had everything she could possibly want in life, something still felt as if it was missing. She didn't feel whole. She didn't feel loved completely. She felt as if a part of her wasn't connected. A piece of the puzzle was missing. She knew it was probably because of her accident, but shouldn't that have healed over time?

So now here she is present day, sitting by her large bay window, clutching the photo album in her hands. She had just arrived home from a photo shoot in California. She had been signed on with Ford Modeling Agency. They had told her that her sparking blue eyes and adorable dimples would soon have her plastered on every fashion magazine in the world. She was aware they could possibly be bullshitting her, hence why she had already enrolled in the next semester of college. She already had her basics under her belt, and wanted to finally go towards a teaching degree.

Flipping the cover of the album open, she starred down at the first picture. It was of her and her parents. She was probably twelve at the time, and going through an awkward stage. She had hit a growth spurt, and acne had finally decided to make it's appearance. It didn't help that her mother dressed her in horrible yellow sun dress. She laughed as she looked at the idiotic smile plastered across her lips. She was clearly bribed to take this picture. She moved along, allowing her manicured nails to turn to the next page. She frowned for a moment at the blond in the picture. It was her cousin Rosalie. The one who had died in the accident. The one who she had supposedly considered a sister.

She kept turning the pages, and soaking in the images. She had no clue who most of these people were. Especially the young kids. Her memories were vacant of their faces. She couldn't recall if they were friends, or merely classmates. She shook her head when she looked down at a picture of herself a couple of weeks before the accident. She was dressed in a purple halter dress, and standing in front of the staircase of their old home. She was finally growing into her body, and looks. She had a huge smile plastered across her lips. Not a fake smile, but a real genuine smile. She smiled slightly, and ran her finger tips over the picture of her young self, feeling how thick it was.

Burrowing her brows, she lifted up the plastic and scooted the picture out, wondering why it was so thick. Upon pulling the picture out she discovered that two more were behind it. Raising an eyebrow, she pulled the first picture off of the others, which seemed to be kind of stuck. She wiggled the top picture of herself off and then starred down at a picture she had never saw before.

It was of her, on that same night, only this picture contained another individual as well. A boy, probably seventeen at the time. He stood very tall, and he was thin. He had a beautiful smile on his lips, and his brown eyes shimmered with delight. He was dressed in a white button up shirt, and a pair of nice black dress pants. His arm was secured tightly around Zoey's waist, holding her close to him. She couldn't help but to smile at this boy. He was beautiful. She didn't understand who he was though. She also didn't remember ever seeing pictures of him before.

Deciding to ask her mother about it later, she looked at the next picture which was behind it. She gasped when she saw it, nearly dropping the snap shot to the ground. It was a picture of her and the same boy; only in this one they were kissing each other. She starred at it for several moments trying to figure out what was going on. How could she had missed it all these years?

She decided to look through the rest of the album to see if this guy was anywhere else. After twenty minutes of studying every detail she discovered that these were the only two pictures who contained the mysterious gentlemen. She didn't understand. Her mother had told her everything important that had happened in her life. She had mentioned she only had one serious boyfriend, and his name was Cody. She had seen pictures of Cody. . . This boy was not Cody.

She heard the living room door open, and knew that her parents had returned from their shopping trip. She picked up the pictures of the boy, and then headed for the living room. She didn't want to waste any time in getting to the bottom of this. She was sure it was just a small misunderstanding anyways.

"Oh Zoey! I bought you some strawberry yogurt dear, I know it's your favorite." Her mother Claire stated, a grin on her lips.

Zoey smiled, "Thanks Mom. . . Uh, I was wondering. . . Who is this?" She asked, handing her mom the picture.

Her mother and father both studied the picture for a moment before looking at each other. Both of their faces looked horrified as they looked at their daughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Until I get my Ville Valo story posted up this one wont be updated regularly. But I'll still try to get updates out on this every other day if possible.