Letters From Jack

Insane

He stumbled backwards feeling the impact of her lips on his. He found himself stuck between the door and her. He also noticed that instead of ripping his lips away from hers, his was moving in a rhythm against hers. His hands traveled, and eventually landed on her lower back. Her small hands were around his neck, gripping on pieces of his hair. He pulled away, but only because he knew they both needed to breathe. He looked down into her eyes, and he couldn't help but to grin. She leaned up and pressed her mouth against his yet again. He savored the kiss for a moment, and then pulled away, "You'll be the death of me." He mumbled.

She giggled, and then grabbed him by the hand and led him over to the couch, "Not tonight." She murmured against his ear, as she pushed him down, and then straddled him. He smirked as she looked down at him, licking over her lips. Slowly, her lips came down on his yet again.

His mind was so clouded at the moment. He couldn't focus on anything but the way her lips moved against his. Everything seemed so perfect. In this very moment, nothing mattered but her. Being the Joker didn't matter. His men didn't matter. Getting a hold of the batman didn't matter. Nothing mattered but the girl sitting on his lap with no memory. He then frowned realizing she had no memory of their past together.

Zoey pulled away from him when she noticed he wasn't kissing back anymore. She looked down at him, half expecting him to push her off and dart out the door. He just sat there, starring ahead, his eyes not really focused on anything.

"Jack?"

He snapped out of it and looked at her. She could see the sadness in his eyes and wondered if she had done anything wrong. The kiss felt so right, surely he wasn't regretting it?

"Did I do something wrong?" She asked quietly.

He shook his head, "You don't remember nothing about us. . ." He whispered.

She frowned, "I want to, Jack. I do, but. . . I don't have many memories at all from before the wreck. I'm sorry."

He sighed, and then saw her tearing up. He shook his head at her, "It's not your fault. . . I just thought for a moment that you might have remembered things. Then reality hit me. You don't remember how we felt towards each other."

"I feel it now." She whispered.

He licked over his lips, "You're just saying that. . ."

"No, I do. . ." She said, and then brought her hands up and cupped his scarred cheeks, "You make me feel so whole. It's like nothing else matters when you're around me. I can't stop thinking about you. Even before I knew it was you, I thought about the. . . Joker. I thought I was having nightmares, but they weren't nightmares, Jack. They were dreams."

He shook his head, "You sound insane."

She shoved him, "That's really mature. I'm pouring my heart out to you, and you call me insane." She said, shifting her weight and trying to move herself off his lap. He stopped her.

"I happen to like you sitting there." He stated, and then tilted his head to the side, "I'm going to make you remember." He said in a very determined voice.

She smiled, "Promise?"

He smirked, "Oh, I promise, princess." He said, moving in for another kiss.

Their kiss was soon interrupted by the knocking on her apartment door. She pulled away and looked towards the door.

"Expecting someone?"

"No." She said, walking towards the door. Jack disappeared from the living room, and darted into her bedroom. He didn't want to be seen by anybody.

She opened the door and standing there was a delivery guy holding a vase of red roses. She raised an eyebrow in confusion, prepared to tell the boy that he had the wrong apartment.

"Zoey Anderson?" He questioned.

"Yeah?"

"Here you go, can I get you to sign right here?" He ask, holding out a piece of paper. She sloppily scribbled her signature down on the piece of paper, and then watched as he walked away, leaving her there with a vase of roses. She walked back inside and placed the vase down on her counter top. She looked around the room for Jack, and then watched him come out of her bedroom.

"You got flowers." He said in a tone that she hadn't heard before.

She picked up the card, and opened it.

"Hoping you'll reconsider my proposal of a date.

Bruce Wayne."

The Joker childishly grabbed the note from her hand, and read the words out loud in a childish voice. "Bruce Wayne!" He stated, "Bruce Wayne, huh?"

"He asked me and I declined his offer."

"Why?"

"Because, I have no interest in him."

The Joker looked at her for a few minutes and once again traced her face for any lies. He could tell she wasn't lying and then placed the card down on the counter. He realized he had probably just showed her how jealous he could be.

"Jealous much?"

"Don't flatter yourself, princess." He said, and then walked towards her. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, "I should be going."

She wrapped her arms around him, "You could stay. . ."

He chuckled, "I better not. I'll see you again soon."

"Promise?"

"I'm a man of my word."

She sighed, "How do I contact you if I want to talk?"

He licked over his lips, "You don't."

"But Jack--" She was cut off.

"But nothing. I'll come to you. It's already dangerous. The last thing I need to worry about is you contacting me at the wrong time. Just try to stay out of trouble."

She pouted, "Come see me tomorrow?" She asked.

"I'll see what I can do."

With that final sentence, he was gone. She cleaned the kitchen, and then decided to turn in. For the first night in several nights she slept like a queen.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image