Letters From Jack

Spider Man

Zoey backed up against the wall as the boy hovered over her yet again. She screamed out but each time she did he kicked her. He was trying to rape her, that much was obvious. She squirmed a bit, and then she heard a loud echo of laughter fill the alleyway. She watched as the guy's face turned to fear as he peeked around his shoulder. "FUCK!" He yelled. He then attempted to climb up over the brick wall behind Zoey, but failed miserably.

The Joker hunched his way down the alleyway and laughed darkly as he watched the young boy try to escape. He was trying to climb the brick wall like spider man. He was about to laugh at yet another failed attempt, but noticed that the boy ended up kicking Zoey in the head pretty hard, which caused her to fall over and cry out in pain. This angered the Joker even more, and he quickened his pace. He finally reached the boy and grabbed him by his shirt. He pulled him over and then slammed him in the brick wall. "Looks like you're not spider man, kid." The Joker said childishly.

Zoey clutched to her head in the place where the boy had just kicked her. It was now throbbing, and she felt very light headed. She didn't know if she was on the verge of passing out or what, but everything was blurry. She starred down at the end of the alleyway and saw two individuals standing there. One was a short haired blond female, and the other was a man who looked bald. She slowly shifted her head until she was looking at Jack. He was decked out in his Joker attire, and he had the boy shoved up against the wall. He was saying something to him, and had the blade pressed against his throat. She leaned her head against the wall behind her head and closed her eyes, unable to stay focused on anything.

The Joker allowed the boys body to fall limply to the ground, and then he turned around. He starred at Zoey's unconscious body against the brick wall. He knew he couldn't leave her there. Maroni would soon come out to check on his punks and then possibly blame her for the young boys death. The Joker groaned, as he licked over the interior of his scars and limped his way over to her body. He bent down and scooped her into his arms. He was amazed by how light she was. He carried her down the alley way and Midnight gave him a look of confusion.

"Change of plans." He muttered, walking towards the van.

Reaper had already killed the other look out. Instead of using a gun, he just used his bare hands and managed to choke the boy to death. Midnight informed him that they were leaving. All of the Joker's workers were very confused as he jumped in the back with the girl from the alley in his arms. None of them were dumb enough to question why he brought the girl with him.

He couldn't help but to let his eyes wander down her torso. Her button up shirt had been ripped open, revealing her polka dot bra, and abdominal. He noticed the red on her stomach and immediately began checking her for wounds. He was positive his workers would think he was crazy, but right now he couldn't be concerned with that. His brows burrowed together when he couldn't find any wounds, but he did find something very interesting. The letters F and D were on her stomach, the rest was smeared. He shook his head, and made a mental note to find out the reason behind this later.

"What's with the girl?" Dopey asked, clearly not knowing how to keep his mouth shut.

Midnight rolled her eyes, knowing he wouldn't last much longer if he continued to pester the boss with unimportant questions. The Joker didn't respond, he just continued starring down at Zoey's body which was still laying limp in his arms.

Once they arrived back at the hideout, he removed himself from the van in silence and packed Zoey's body inside, up the stairs, and into his room. He placed her down on his bed. She still hadn't woke up, and he was beginning to get a tad bit worried. He decided that he would shower, and then deal with her. He knew that when she did wake up, there would be a lot of questions asked.

He stepped into the bathroom, and then stripped of his Joker attire. He stepped inside his dirty shower, and turned the water on steaming hot. He allowed the water to run over his body. The water felt good on him. He hadn't showered in two weeks. He just couldn't care enough to cleanse himself. He even used some body wash and shampoo that Midnight kept stocked for everyone.

After his shower, he slipped on a pair of sweat pants and then towel dried his hair. He inspected it in the mirror and realized that the green hue was almost faded completely. He would need to send someone out to buy him some more dye. He opened the door, and when he stepped out of the bathroom he saw Zoey awake sitting on the bed Indian style. Her head snapped his way, and she looked at him. He then felt very self conscious due to his torso being naked.

"Jack." She whispered.

He flinched slightly at her saying his name. He had actually longed for someone to say it over the past two weeks. He knew in that moment his freak out on her had done nothing. She wasn't scared of him. She had no reason to be scared of him. He could never hurt her, and she knew that.

"What were you doing in that alley?"

"Walking home." She answered softly.

"What were you doing out so late?" He asked, grabbing a plain shirt from the floor and placing it on his body.

"Walking home from work."

"Work?" He asked.

"Photo shoot."

"What?" He asked raising a brow.

"I'm a model. . ." She said, realizing she had only touched on this topic once before. She didn't go into detail about it.

He starred at her, mouth dropped. He knew she was beautiful. Hell, she was the most beautiful woman he had ever encounter in his entire life. But a model? He could see her on the cover of magazines. He could see men drooling over her. He clutched his hands into fist by his side allowing the anger to take over. He recalled her talking about being a model before, but he didn't allow it to soak in. Now he truly understood.

"What kind of modeling?" He asked.

"I'm signed with Ford."

"And what kind of shoot did you do today. . hmm?"

"A lingerie."

"Let me guess, you do nude shoots as well."

"Actually, No. I don't." She said, "That's one thing I won't do. What does my career have to do with anything?"

"It just makes me realize even more how stupid this is!"

"How stupid what is Jack?"

"This!" he said pointing between them, "I. . . Why didn't you leave Gotham?"

"Because, I was hoping you didn't mean it." She replied honestly.

"Zoey. . ."

"Jack, if you meant those things you said then you wouldn't have saved me from that dick head tonight. You would have just went on your merry little way and not even cared that I was in that alley. You doing something tonight proved that you care!"

He looked at her, and knew she was right. He sighed, "I never said I didn't. . .care." He said the word 'care' as if it was some sort of disease.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image