Letters From Jack

Rules

She kissed him softly on the mouth as they sat down on his bed. It wasn't very comfortable, but Zoey could make due with anything. She was just happy to be around Jack. He smiled at her, and then leaned forward until his forehead was once again touching hers.

"Rules." He reminded her.

"Can wait?" She asked with hope.

He chuckled, "Don't think so."

She sighed, "But Jack. . ."

"We need to talk about this."

"Fine." She said, leaning back on the bed.

He watched as she made herself comfortable on his bed. He had to admit that the bed looked a lot better with her small frame laying on it. He grinned, and she patted the empty spot next to her. He sighed, and laid his body down beside her. It seemed like as soon as his body aligned next to her, she began shifting her body. She placed her head upon his chest, and grabbed his hand, and intertwined their fingers together.

"So, about these rules. . ." She whispered.

How was he suppose to think about rules now? She was laying so close to him. He could breathe her, and feel her heart beat. He swallowed hard. "First, you know you can't call me Jack in front of anyone."

"That rules down pat, don't you think?"

"We haven't been around anyone together."

"Will we be?"

"Possibly if you plan on hanging around here. I have workers. . ." He said, not really knowing how to describe his team. "They don't know anything about me, especially not my name. Call me J or something around them, got it?"

"Got it."

"You can never mention, or even hint to anyone that you know me. . . as the Joker."

"I'm not retarded, Jack."

"Okay, moving along. . . You can't just come after me whenever you want, Zoey. My life is dangerous. I'm involved with the mob, and all other scum in this town. The last thing I need is them seeing you around me. They would target you."

"Stay away from scumbags, got it."

"Are you taking this seriously?" He asked.

She giggled, and then looked up at him and nodded her head. He opened his mouth to say something, but her lips lowered themselves onto his neck, and she began gently sucking and nibbling on his flesh. He groaned out partly in annoyance because she wasn't paying attention, and partly because she was making it very hard for him to concentrate on anything but her.

"So, the next rule?" She asked, moving her lips up to his.

He sighed, "You're killing me here."

She giggled, "Oh come on Jack, what's the next rule?" She asked, shifting her weight. He was surprised when she changed positions, and was soon straddling him. He swallowed knowing she must have felt his arousal by the shocked look in her eyes. He licked over his lips, "Just don't do anything that can get you caught, okay?"

"Or you caught." She said.

He laughed, "Trust me, I won't get caught."

"But. . ."

"Just, be careful and not stupid, okay?" He pleaded with her.

She nodded her head, and leaned down and connected her lips to his. He was the one who deepened the kiss this time, and his hands traveled to her neck and pulled her down onto him even more. She moaned into the kiss, which made him become even more aroused. He was positive that they weren't going to stop with just a kiss, but then a knocking came on the door. He groaned as he pulled away from Zoey.

"Yes?" He asked loudly, in a very annoyed tone.

"Boss, we got news about the bat. Midnight just phoned and said she saw him on a roof top down on third street."

"Thank you, prepare things." The Joker said, and then looked back at Zoey.

She raised an eyebrow, "You're going out. . . to do Joker stuff, right?"

"It's my job."

"Can't you find a normal job?"

He chuckled, and then pressed his mouth against hers, "How about. . . I go have my fun with the bat, and then I stop by your place later tonight, hmmm? That sound like a plan, sunshine?"

She sighed, "And how exactly do I get home?"

"I'll have Dopey take you."

"Who the hell is Dopey?"

"One of my erm. . workers. He's not the. . . brightest bulb, so I'm sure he can manage driving you home."

"You're going to trust my life with a man named Dopey?"

He smiled, and then leaned in to kiss her yet again, "You really need to get off my lap. I need to get ready."

She sighed, and then removed herself from his lap. She watched as he sloppily applied the make-up to his face, and slipped into the smelly old purple suit. "You should wash that thing. It smells horrible."

"It smells just fine, princess."

"It smells like a sewer."

He sighed, "How about you wash it then? You're so keen on playing the role of girlfriend. Don't girlfriends usually take care of things like laundry?" He smirked, as he grabbed his tie.

Her mouth dropped, "I am not doing your laundry. You're a grown man."

He chuckled, and everything happened in a fast blur. Soon, she was being dropped off at her apartment by a bearded man named Dopey, while Jack ran around the city in a purple suit chasing after someone who dressed up as a bat.
♠ ♠ ♠
half way through :D!

Image