Letters From Jack

Gash

The Joker grinned as he spotted the bat up on the roof top. He stepped out of the van, and told Reaper, Midnight, and Crusher not to come out. He didn't need any help with him. He was just here for a little bit of fun, and to also remind him of who he really was. He done his famous hunch to the middle of the street, and then waved his hand in the air. It didn't take long for the bat to descend from the roof tops, and began charging towards the Joker. He cackled out, and then he and Batman engaged in a battle he was surely to have fun with.

Zoey changed into a long t-shirt to sleep in. She pulled back her covers and crawled into the bed. It was after eleven at night, and she was wondering how much sleep she would get before Jack came to see her, if he came to see her. She closed her eyes and couldn't see anything but him getting injured by the man who dressed in black and protected the city. She actually felt kind of twisted for thinking it, but she was actually hoping the batman got injured, if one of them did in fact get hurt.

She knew getting this close to Jack was going to be hard. Her heart was already getting so deep in such a short amount of time. She needed to make her self understand that he could possibly get injured very badly, or even die one night when he was out 'working'. She didn't like the idea of opening her heart up to him completely, and then just having him gone forever. She didn't like feeling second best to the job. She knew they hadn't been dating very long, even if she could consider this 'dating'. However, she felt strongly towards Jack and didn't want to become second best to his job, to this alter ego he had created.

She rolled over onto her side, and starred out the window. She could see the street lights, and concentrated on them as she counted back from one hundred. She decided that sleep would be a lot better than thinking about her relationship with Jack.

The Joker managed to knock Batman out, and then he hunched over to the van and got inside. He ordered Reaper to leave. He pulled up his sleeve and looked at the gash on his arm, and cursed loudly. He had dropped his knife, and then the batman took the opportunity of his distraction and knocked him to the ground. His arm landed right on the blade, slicing through the material of his suit, and cutting through the flesh.

"That looks bad, Boss." Midnight said, as she grabbed the white first aid box she kept in the box.

Soon, the sassy blond was wrapping his arm tightly in a bandage. She said she would look at it better when they got back to the hideout, and possibly stitch it up.

"Drop me off at eighth street."

"You're not going back to the hideout?" Reaper asked.

"Not tonight. I'll be there tomorrow morning."

"How are you going to get there?"

"I'll find a way."

"Keep your cut clean, I'll see if it requires stitches tomorrow. Make sure to keep pressure on it." Midnight stated.

He nodded his head. She was a very educated woman, who had once been a nurse. He didn't really know her story, nor did he care. She came in handy, and stayed out of his way. Her medical knowledge came in need quite a bit, so she was a great addition to the team.

"You sure about this, Boss? We could bring the other van by and drop it off."

"No, but how about bringing my truck by? Put the keys under the front seat. Don't make too much noise."

"Got it, boss." Reaper said.

The Joker leaped out of the van, and looked around before he walked over to the door. He and Zoey had worked out an arrangement earlier. She had locked her door, but hid a key under her welcome mat. He bent down, and picked up the key, and then unlocked her door. He slid inside the apartment with ease. The lights were all turned off. He locked the door back, and then took off his jacket and placed it on a stool in the kitchen. He then began walking through the hallway, and moved his head inside the bedroom. He smiled softly seeing her. He wanted to crawl in bed beside her and pull her close to him, but he knew he needed to clean his arm a bit first.

He walked inside the bathroom and opened her medicine cabinet. He luckily found a first aid kit in there. He assumed the apartment complex supplied that seeing as though it was the only thing inside the cabinet. He took the bandage Midnight had placed on him and placed it in the trash can. He then grabbed one of her wash clothes, and cleaned it. The water hitting his gash hurt, but he continued to take care of it, knowing if he didn't it would set up an infection that would be hell to deal with later.

Zoey heard water running and opened her eyes. She tossed the covers off her legs, and tugged the large t-shirt down to make sure it covered her body. She then walked out of the room, and down the hall. She peeked her head inside the bathroom and saw Jack standing there, still decked out in his Joker make-up. Though he was now shirtless, and wrapping a white bandage around his arm.

"What'd you do?" She asked, leaning against the door frame.

He looked up seeing Zoey standing there. He smiled at her. She was wearing a very long plain white t-shirt. Her hair was tied back in a loose pony tail, and her face was absent of all make-up. She looked like vulnerable teenage girl.

"Just a little accident."

"Did he do that to you?"

"Not exactly, I kind of done it to myself."

"I thought we agreed to not doing anything stupid?" She smiled, "Isn't that a rule?"

He chuckled, and then walked towards her. He bent down and kissed her softly on the lips. When he moved away from her he laughed lightly seeing the red make-up now on her lips. He lifted his hands up and cupped her face, brushing the red paint away with his thumbs.

"Get cleaned up, and come to bed." She said.

He nodded his head, and didn't say anything as she walked away. He didn't know when their relationship had took this turn. He felt like he was a regular Joe. Went to work, and then come home to the wife. Could he and Zoey actually make this relationship work? Once he cleansed his face of all make-up, and made sure he didn't have anymore wounds, he exited the bathroom and walked into the bedroom. He had stripped down to his boxer's. The bedroom was dark. The only light was coming from the window from the moon light and the light glow of the street lamps.

"You have a good night?" She asked.

"It was alright." He muttered, climbing into the bed. Toying with the Batman for no reason wasn't really fun to him, it was just something he needed to do to make him think it really wasn't all about the money.

"What made you want to do this, Jack?"

"Let's get some sleep right now. We'll talk later."

"Do you plan on staying with me tomorrow?"

"I didn't plan to. . ."

"Please, I want you to stay."

He sighed, but eventually gave in, "Then I'll stay. But rest now, okay?" He said, pulling her into his arms, and closing his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image