Letters From Jack

Quick Shopper

He tossed and turned the entire night. He just couldn't wrap his finger around the fact that he was actually laying in bed beside Zoey. Did he honestly agree to this? He looked over and saw her laying there peacefully with her eyes closed. He couldn't believe he actually agreed to come here tonight. What had made him want to come here? What had made him crawl in the bed beside her without evening thinking about it? It just came natural to him. He sighed, and just closed his eyes and tried to fall to sleep. Once he got his mind to stop thinking about how wrong and dangerous this was, he eventually fell asleep.

Zoey opened her eyes and smiled as she saw Jack still laying beside her. He looked so young when he slept. For the first time since she had met 'old' Jack, she could see the boy from the pictures. She smiled lightly, as she reach up and traced her finger over one of the scars. He stirred, and eventually woke up. He licked over his lips, and sighed. "You woke me up."

"I intended to." She answered innocently.

"I should get going." He said, tossing the covers off his half naked body.

"Going where?" She asked, her eyebrows meeting in the middle.

"Work to do, doll face."

"Oh No. You promised me today. Work can wait."

"What?" He asked, and then sighed, remembering he had promised to spend the day with her.

"You already agreed."

"I don't have any fresh clothes."

"You can't leave in that hideous purple suit anyways. It's daylight now, Jack. People would see, and you don't want to put my life in danger do you?" She asked, a faint smile spreading across her lips, "I mean. . . what would the people of Gotham think if they saw the Joker leaving my apartment in broad day light? That would be too dangerous." She finished with a smirk.

He couldn't help but to laugh. He watched as she tossed the covers off her legs, and then walked over to a dresser and pulled a pair of sweat pants out of a drawer. She slipped the pants on, "I'm going to go fix breakfast, you can lay back down if you want for a bit. I'll come get you when it's ready." She said, walking out of the room.

He licked over his lips and starred at the mirror across the room. He could see the scars on his face, and torso clearly. His body had been mutated over the years from working as The Joker. He grumbled something about being weak, and tossed his legs off the edge of the bed. He walked out of her bedroom and down to the bath where he had left his purple suit. He slipped on the pants, and hexagon patterned shirt, and then walked into the kitchen.

Zoey turned around as she scrambled eggs and looked at him, "Why are you wearing the suit?"

"Because it's the only thing I have."

"I'll run down to the store at the corner and buy you some clothes. I'm washing that thing today!" She stated.

He smirked a bit, and then took a seat on the stool as he watched her prepare breakfast. She placed a plate of food in front of him. It contained scrambled eggs, pancakes, and sausage. He watched as she grabbed an apple from the counter and bit into it.

"What size pants do you wear?"

"What?"

"I need to know, Jack. I'll buy you some pants, a few shirts, and some boxers and things to keep here."

"That won't be necessary."

"Yes it will be. Now tell me." She said, taking another bite of the apple.

He groaned, but then let her know all of his sizes. She wrote them down on a pink post it note, and then disappeared down the hallway. He continued to snack away on his food, and after a few moments, she reappeared again wearing a pair of lounge pants from Victoria's secret, and a tank top.

"I won't be gone long, and you better be here when I get back."

"And if I'm not?"

She smiled, "Then I'll have to break a rule and come find you. You wouldn't want me to do that now, would you? It's dangerous."

He groaned, "You can't use my own rules against me."

She giggled, and then picked up her keys from the counter, "I'll be back in no time." She called, walking out of the apartment, leaving him there alone. He grumbled something about respect, but finished his food anyways.

It only took about three minutes to arrive at the store. It was just around the corner from her apartment. She walked in and knew she couldn't take all day to browse through things. She wanted to get back to Jack as soon as possible. She could come out shopping again for him later. She found the jean section of the store, and placed two of his size into the buggy. She then moved on to underwear and t-shirts.

In less than ten minutes she was checking out. She was proud of herself. That was the fastest shopping trip she had ever made. She got back inside her car with Jack's clothing, and then headed home to her apartment. She just hoped he was still there. She had a tiny part of her thinking that he had possibly escaped, and left.

She grinned widely when she pulled in and saw the large black truck still parked there. She grabbed the bags and then walked towards her door. She opened it and walked inside. She looked towards the stool, and didn't see him anywhere. She then turned her attention towards the couch, and didn't see him. She frowned instantly, realizing he had left.

"Looking for me?" He asked, coming from the hallway.

She looked up at him and smiled.

"You shop fast."

"I think I made a record." She said, walking over and handing him the bags.

He looked inside, and smiled. He then leaned over and pressed his lips against her cheek.

"Now go get changed so we can spend some time together."

He chuckled, but made his way to the bathroom. Zoey hadn't changed in all of these years. She was still the fun and exciting young girl he had fell in love with so many years ago. He changed quickly, and then inhaled deeply knowing she was probably going to ask him questions he wasn't sure if he was ready to answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image