Letters From Jack

Emptiness

After Jack left Zoey began packing up everything. She didn't want to stay in Gotham any longer than she had to. She phoned her parents and let them know she was coming home. She left the detail of regaining her memory out though. She really didn't know if she wanted them to know that or not. She was actually wishing she never regained her memories. She allowed tears to fall as she tugged her suit case out of the apartment, and placed it inside her SUV. She couldn't believe he wouldn't change. She couldn't believe he wouldn't give up being the Joker for her. How important was this clown act to him? She shook her head, and continued packing away her belongings. Once everything was inside her vehicle, she shut the apartment door and then walked down to the front office. She explained that she was leaving, and gave them the key.

The Joker angrily made his way into the hideout, knocking over shelves and punches walls as he went. He couldn't believe she was leaving him. He couldn't believe she was leaving Gotham. She was leaving him again, just like she did so many years ago. He was pissed at himself for getting so close to her. He kicked the refrigerator, causing a loud thud.

"Boss, you okay?" Dopey asked, coming into the room.

He snapped his head towards his worker, and then growled loudly, as he reached over and grabbed a loaded pistol from the counter top. He aimed the gun, and then pulled the trigger, taking the man's life in a instant. The other three of his workers appeared in the kitchen when they heard the gunshot. He just looked at them and then down at the body which was now soaking the floor with blood, "Clean this up." He hissed, as he pushed past them and made his way up the stairs.

He walked into the bedroom, slamming the door behind him. He couldn't believe he had trusted her again. He couldn't believe he actually opened himself up, only to have her fuck him over yet again. She had once again sucked him dry. He didn't even feel connected to his old self anymore. Did Jack Napier even exist any longer?

Zoey had to pull off the road several times to allow the tears to flow freely from her eyes. She was completely heart broken. Why couldn't he see how much she loved him? Why couldn't he just give up the clown act and be with her like a normal person? Why didn't he want to have children with her one day? It's not like she wanted them now, but one day she did.

She sucked in a breath of air, and then pulled back out onto the road. She couldn't believe him. How could he do this to her? How could he break her heart after she confessed she loved him?

It took about another two hours before she finally pulled into her parents drive way. It was late at night, but the light was on in the living room. She checked her face in the mirror and noticed that it wasn't presentable enough. Her parents would know something was wrong with her. She didn't even care right now. She knew they would give her space, and not question her. She climbed out of her vehicle and walked inside the house. Her mother embraced her in a hug the second she saw her.

"I missed you so much hunny!"

"I missed you too, Mom."

Her dad was the next one who pulled her into a hug. They didn't even seem to notice the red puffiness around her eyes. Or if they did notice, they didn't bother to question her about it. She smiled lightly and then ran her hand through her hair, "I'm going to go to bed, I'm really tired."

Her parents nodded their head, and she walked down the familiar hallway, and into the bedroom that belonged to her. It was very empty now due to most of her belongings being out inside her SUV. She didn't care if it was empty. The emptiness inside the room just reflecting what she was feeling. She pulled back the covers on her bed, and slipped under them, not bothering with undressing herself first.

She rolled over cried herself to sleep, thinking about how much she missed him. She didn't hate him. Even now after he broke her heart. She didn't think she'd ever hate him.

The Joker bellowed out orders to his three workers. Since he couldn't take his mind off Zoey, he wanted to get some work done. He had decided that now was just a good of time as ever to fuck with Harvey Dent.

"I want Harvey Dent and his main squeeze Rachel Dawes both, got it? One in each warehouse."

"What are you going to do boss?"

"Oh, I've got plans for myself. Don't worry about busting me out, boys. I'll do that myself." He said disappearing into the darkness of the hallway.

He had a job to do. It was now time to remind Gotham of who he really was.

Zoey looked around and noticed she was in a very bright white room. She was hooked up to a machine, and it was beeping annoyingly beside her bed. She licked over her dry chapped lips, as she looked around the room, "Hello?" She asked to anyone who would listen.

After a few moments of silence a nurse walked into the room, with a clip board in her hand. She smiled happily at Zoey, and then giggled, "Won't be much longer now, Mrs. Napier." She stated.

Zoey didn't understand what the nurse was talking about so she laid down on the bed and that's when she noticed the extremely large stomach she now had. She ran her hand over the belly, and found it move against her hand. She screamed out, not understanding what was going on. She stopped screaming when a male doctor walked into the room.

"Are you ready to deliver, Mrs. Napier?"

"What are you talking about? What's going on?" She asked, her voice strained and panic.

"Don't be alarmed. It'll all be over in just a matter of moments."

It seemed as if someone had pressed fast forward on her dream, and she was soon pushing. She screamed out in pain, and then pushed once more, before hearing the screaming of a baby. She leaned back on the bed, with sweat dripping from her forehead. The doctors placed the baby down into her arms, and she starred down at the scarred painted face of her first born.

Zoey raised up out of the bed with sweat pouring from her body. She breathed in deeply, "It was just a dream." She told herself, "Just a dream. . . a nightmare" She whispered the last part.

She tried laying back down several times that night but each time she closed her eyes, she saw the same haunting image of the baby with the painted face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image