Letters From Jack

Arkham Asylum

She placed her luggage down on the worn bed that was in the hotel she had booked for the next three days. She looked around as she bit down on her bottom lip, shaking her head in the process. It wasn't very nice at all. It looked like one of those worn down hotels that you would see in a horror movie. She placed a hand on her stomach, to remind her of the reason for being here. Right now she couldn't be concerned with what the place looked like. She needed to be focused on finding Jack as quickly as possible. She knew it would be difficult, but it was something she had to do. The sooner she informed him about the baby, and found out that he didn't want nothing to do with the child, then the sooner she could leave Gotham forever.

She ran her fingers through her long hair and then sat down on the bed. She couldn't believe she was back in Gotham, looking for the man who had basically shattered her heart. She didn't even know where to begin her search. She was aware of where he could be. But was it dangerous for her to go looking for him? Before, she wouldn't have cared to put her life on the line but she now had someone else to think about. Someone she cared about so much.

She rubbed her hand across the almost unnoticeable baby bump and sighed, "It'll be okay little baby." She cooed to the fetus growing inside of her. She knew the baby couldn't hear her. The baby wasn't even really developed yet. Most women wouldn't feel a connection to the baby until it at least started taking the form of a baby, or they first heard the heart beat, but Zoey felt the connection instantly. She knew that in less than eight months, she would be holding the precious baby girl or boy in her arms. Holding the one person who would never disappoint her or let her down. But most importantly, holding the one person who would probably love her forever.

She pulled out a baby book she had purchased and began reading. She scanned over the first few pages until she found exactly what she was looking for. The six week mark. She smiled as she read that now the baby had developed an oversize head, and dark spots where the eyes should be. His or her emerging ears are marked by small depressions on the sides of the heads, and his or her arms and legs are protruding buds. She looked at the diagram of what looked like some sort of bean and smiled as she stroked her stomach yet again.

After reading a bit more, she placed the book down on the night stand and then shut off the lamp. She was a bit tired from the long drive, and decided that tonight she would rest and then start her search for Jack in the morning. She didn't really want to venture off to his hideouts, but she knew she needed to find him soon. She just hoped that he didn't try to hurt her in any way. She didn't know what he was capable of now. He could have changed into more of The Joker, leaving behind Jack Napier forever.

The Joker ran his tongue over his yellowed teeth and then smiled at Reaper who was pressing a code into the security pad. They were breaking into Arkham Asylum and stealing away four patients in hopes of making them new members of his team. He was excited to get a few new members. He just wanted desperately to get rid of Midnight. The only one who knew of his plan to kill her was Reaper, who didn't understand, but didn't question either.

"Alright Boss, we're in." The young criminal stated.

The Joker smirked, and then he began hunching his way down the hallway. He smiled brightly at a camera, and then continued to walk on. Crusher had already taken care of the security man, meaning no one was in the room watching the surveillance camera's.

"The first one is a man they call Ticker, he's in room B34." Reaper said, looking through the files.

"Ticker here we come." The Joker mumbled, going down the hallway.

The rooms were easily broke into, and the patients were more than happy to leave with him. Most of them were going to be stuck in those padded cells for the rest of their lives. The Joker looked like an angel for rescuing them. Just as they were about to walk out the back exit. He heard a high pitched squeal. He turned around and saw a woman standing there in a nurse uniform. Her face was of pure horror as she starred at the seven of them.

She turned around and began to run away, but The Joker thought quickly, and pulled a knife out of his pocket and tossed it quickly down the hall. It eventually caught up with her and penetrated her back. In an instance she went falling to the floor.

"And that's how you deal with a runner." He stated in a childish tone, as he skipped out of the exit, with his new members flowing behind him.

They all piled inside of the van and rushed off back towards the hideout. He was positive they would soon find the nurse, and then the security guards, and eventually figure out that four of the patients were gone.

The Joker slung his body out of the van and began walking towards the entrance of his hideout. He opened the door, and walked inside. Midnight who had been waiting for them looked up from the table with another taunting smirk upon her lips. "Find some new members, Boss?" She purred.

"That I did. Now I'll no longer be needing your assistance." He said, pulling a pistol from his pocket, and placing a bullet between her eyes.

The guys walked in behind him and watched as her body fell limpy from the chair, onto the ground. Blood pouring from the bullet hole in her head.

"Damn, she looked like she would have been a good fuck." One of the new guys commented.

"Trust me, she wasn't." The Joker mumbled, walking over to her body and looking down at the girl who had stayed by his side for several years. She had been very trust worthy, until she decided to let pleasure get in the way of business.

He turned around and looked at the four new men. Ticker. Jordan who he had named Scars, due to the long scar that ran down his left cheek. Rick, who he called Raven due his long jet black hair, and Paul, who he called Shorty, due to his height. "I'll allow Reaper and Crusher to inform you of the rules. If you disobey them, then. . ." He kicked Midnight's body, "You'll have a much more painful death than she had." He stated, walking out of the room and up the stairs to his bedroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image