Letters From Jack

Home

Zoey shifted uncomfortably in the passenger seat as Jack headed into Gotham. It had been a long drive and she just couldn't get comfortable. She was blaming it on the being pregnant, even though she knew that had nothing to do with it. It was the fact that she knew today she would possibly be finding out what Jack's hiding. She swallowed hard as they passed the 'Welcome to Gotham' sign. She nibbled slightly on her lower lip, wondering what hideout he would drag her to.

They had been driving for at least fifteen minutes when she noticed him turn down a road she had never been on. It was a bit off main street. She raised her eyebrows in confusion as she thought about a hideout being in a nice neighborhood like this.

"Where are we going?" She asked after a few moments.

"Home." He replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

Her face was puzzled as she starred out the window, surveying each of the perfect little homes they passed. This neighborhood didn't even look like the dark creepy Gotham she had saw and lived in before. It looked friendly and warm. She kept waiting for the rundown houses to appear, but they didn't. She licked over her lips as she saw the street coming to an end, and frowned. Then much to her complete disbelief, Jack pulled into the drive way of a small white two story house. It had a garage, and on the front porch was a nice little brown swing. She looked over at him and he just winked, as he opened the door of her SUV. She opened the passenger side, and rushed around to meet him.

"What are we doing here?" She questioned him, as she looked at the house.

"We're moving in." He said, looking down at her.

Her lips parted into an O form as she starred up at him. She was completely speechless. He chuckled, and then linked hands with her as he opened the small steel gate, and walked through the small yard with her. He walked up on the front porch, and fumbled with the house keys in his pocket. Zoey walked over and ran her finger over the swing on the porch. It looked new, but reminded her of the one on Susie's front porch.

"I asked for the swing." He said, holding the front door open for her.

She looked over at him, still unable to form any words. She walked inside slowly, and looked around the house. Fresh paint had been splattered on the walls. Mostly whites or neutral colors. It smelled of fresh wood, and was basically empty. Jack cleared his voice from behind her.

"I know it's kind of empty, It's freshly remodeled. . ."

"Jack." She said turning around and looking at him, "Is this ours?" She questioned.

He walked over to her, and placed his hands on the small of her back, and pulled her close to him. He smiled down at her and nodded his head, "This is our home. I hope you like it."

Her face brightened up, and she tossed her arms around his neck and hugged him tightly. "I love it, Jack!" She squealed out, kissing him softly on the lips before pulling away and walking into the kitchen. It was done in a light brown. Everything flowed nicely together, and it even contained a table and four chairs. It also had a large glass sliding door.

"That's our back yard. It's empty, I think. I figured you could garden a bit in the summer."

She turned around and smiled at him. He took her by the hand and led her up the stairs. She couldn't help but to giggle when she realized she no longer needed to worry about falling through them. They were very stable. She looked down the small hallway and noticed four doors.

"Three bedrooms, and a bath." He stated, as he walked down the hallway, pushing open the door and showing her the rooms briefly. One of the bedrooms was very tiny, the other was a little bit bigger. The bathroom was very big. It had not only a huge tub, but also a standing shower as well.

"And this will be the master bedroom." He said, pushing open the door.

She walked inside and saw that a large canopy bed had already been sat up. She licked over her lips as she walked around the huge spacious room. It had plenty of room for everything they would need and much more. It also had a very large closet attached to it.

She felt arms wrap around her from behind. She smiled, as he placed his chin upon her shoulder, "Do you like it?" He whispered into her ear, causing goosebumps to rise upon her skin.

"I love it, Jack. It's so. . . so perfect." She said, unable to find a word that described it exactly.

"I'm glad you like it."

She turned around, "Does this mean no more Joker?" She asked, hoping the house wasn't the only good news of the day.

He frowned, "I still have things I need to do."

"But-- how are you going to do that and live here?" She frowned.

He raised his hand up and traced it over her lips. "I'll find a way, okay? Just a little bit. . . longer. I just need to take care of some things." He said, talking in an accent she hadn't heard in over a week.

Jack had a deeper voice, while The Joker talked more in a childish manner. Sometimes she would hear both voices combined, this was one of the moments.

"Okay, but one day?"

"One day." He said, leaning down and pressing his mouth again hers.

She sighed into the kiss, "We have no furniture." She pointed out.

He laughed, "How about I let you go shopping for that this week? I'll buy you whatever you want for the house."

She nodded her head, and kissed him softly once again. Even though he wasn't quite ready to give up being the Joker, she knew he was defiantly on the road to possibly giving him up soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image