Letters From Jack

Three

Zoey scribbled down her information on several pages of paperwork. She was sitting in an Doctor's office, waiting for them to check her and the baby. Today she was fourteen weeks pregnant, and it was also the first doctor's appointment she's had since they've been back in Gotham. She visited around different doctors until she finally found one who she liked. He was very young, and suppose to be the best in Gotham. She glanced over and noticed Jack was starring at a couple who had three babies with them. She smiled assuming they were triplets.

"Stop starring." She whispered with a giggle.

"They have three." He whispered back.

"Triplets."

"We just have. . . one right?"

She laughed and then nodded her head as she scribbled more information down on the clip board. Once she was finished with that, she took it over to the window and handed it to the nurse behind the screen. She smiled friendly as she walked over and sunk down next to Jack. The woman across from Zoey smiled at her, and Zoey smiled back.

"How far along are you?" The woman asked from across the room.

"Fourteen weeks."

"How adorable. You're so beautiful. I'm seven months, and wishing I was in labor." She said, patting the huge stomach.

Zoey smiled, and sensed how uncomfortable Jack was as he starred at the huge stomach under the woman's shirt. She licked over her lips and then starred down at her tiny bump. It still wasn't big, but she figured she might be like her mother and not gain a lot of weight during pregnancy. Her mother had only gained eighteen pounds and she was a six pound baby.

"Zoey Anderson."

Zoey darted her head up and smiled at the woman in scrubs. She then grabbed Jack's hand and the two of them walked back through the white sterile hallway. He dropped his head as he followed her. He hadn't been in a hospital in a long time.

They walked into a small white room, and the nurse announced the doctor would be with them shortly. Zoey hopped up on the bed, while Jack took a seat in the uncomfortable waiting chair. He hated being in public, but he honestly didn't want to miss a moment like this.

"I wished we found out the sex today." Zoey said quietly.

"When do we find that out?"

"Between sixteen and twenty weeks. So I guess my next appointment."

He nodded his head, and then dropped it to the ground. He really didn't know what to say or do in this situation. He loved her, and loved their baby, but he didn't know if he should stand by her side, holding her hand, or stay in the corner watching from a far.

Soon a man came into the room in a long white lab coat. He had an accent, and The Joker immediately disliked him. He licked over his lips, as he watched the man walk over and touch Zoey's stomach. He talked to her kind of quietly, not even caring Jack was in the room.

"Well, let's get your scan beautiful." The doctor said, raising her shirt up and putting the gel on her stomach.

Zoey looked over at Jack and could tell he didn't like the doctor at all. She knew that doctor shopping wasn't over for her. She could feel something on her stomach, and then she looked over at the machine which showed the baby. She motioned for Jack to come closer.

He walked over and grabbed her hand in his. He might not be the most affectionate male, but he wanted the young doctor to understand that Zoey was his. The doctor explained some things about the scan, and then pointed to the blob of black of the screen. Jack swallowed hard as he realized that was his baby. He thought it looked like a fish on the screen.

"We can't determine the sex this visit, but possibly next time." The doctor stated.

Zoey nodded her head and continued to watch the screen. She couldn't help but to smile as she starred at her baby on the screen. She felt so connected to the small living child inside of her.

He printed off a picture, and then talked to them a bit more. Jack found himself liking the doctor after a little while. He seemed very intelligent and acted as if he knew what he was doing. He decided that if Zoey liked him enough to stay with him, then he would be okay with it.

"You hate him, don't you?" Zoey asked, as they walked out of the hospital.

"At first, but he's okay."

"You want me to change?"

"Are you comfortable with him?"

"As long as you are."

"Then stay with him." He stated, "I'll be there every time, so it's not like he's going to be putting the moves on you anyway."

She rolled her eyes and climbed in his huge truck. She wondered if he would just drop her off at home and then go attend Joker business, or would he spend some time with her.

"What are you doing today?" She asked.

He looked at her and smiled. He hadn't been spending much time with her. He had been focusing on getting as many jobs done as he could so he could just be done with the Joker and start a life with her. He now had a hundred thousand dollars put away in the nursery.

"I figured I could spend some time with you. Is that okay?" He asked.

She smiled, revealing her dimples he loved so much. "Of course!" She said.

"How about we grab some dinner from somewhere and then head home?" He asked.

She nodded her head. She couldn't wait to spend some time with him. It seemed like forever since they actually spent real alone time together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Probably be the last update for a few days. I'll try to update again on Friday, if not then, on Saturday. <3
Image