Letters From Jack

Games Over

The Joker walked through the hideout with his head held high. Zoey was now sixteen weeks pregnant and he was more than excited for the baby. The last two weeks had been going amazing for them. Since they had spent the day shopping, it seemed like their entire relationship had took a new turn. He couldn't see his life without her in it, and wanted to spend as much time with her as he could. He had finally hatched a plan, and was willing to go through with it. He had asked Reaper to come up to his room. It would be tough to pull off, but he knew the two of them could.

"You wanted to speak to me, boss?"

"I did." He said shutting the door behind Reaper.

The Joker swallowed. He was finally giving it up. He had thought it wouldn't happen for many more months, but he decided it needed to be over with soon. He wanted to spend all of his time with Zoey.

He explained his current plan to Reaper, and the young worker was completely blown away that he was going to do this. He licked over his lips, and starred back at the Joker.

"Let me get this straight. . . You want us to rob the biggest bank in Gotham. Blow it up, with only the two of us escaping, and you'll give me a million dollars, and then we're finished?"

"Exactly."

"You're not going to be the Joker anymore?"

"Not after this week. You want the gig or not kid? Others would kill for this opportunity."

Reaper nodded his head, "I'll help you pull it off. Whens the job going to be done?"

"A week from today." The Joker said, "I need you to get blue prints, rig together a big explosive, and find a body almost identical to mine in weight and height. We'll offer whoever you find five million dollars to pose as me, of course, they have to be willing to get the scars, and then they'll die in the explosive, having the world believe I died."

"Why are we doing this?"

"Because the games over."

Reaper nodded his head and walked out of the hideout to go get a start on what he needed to do before the dead line ended. The Joker looked around his hideout and then sighed. He had some things to do for himself. He walked over and opened the closet. In the very top of his closet sat a box which was filled with hundred dollar bills. He had those especially to buy explosives over the next couple of months, though he wouldn't be needing the cash for that reason anymore.

He counted the money and grinned widely when he realized he had over four hundred thousand dollars put away. He grabbed one of the black duffel bags, and began filling it with the money. Once he was finished, he changed out of his purple suit, and removed the make-up form his face. He licked over his scars, and then pulled the hood over his head, as he walked out of the hideout.

"Leaving for the night. Crusher, you're in charge. Reaper is out doing things."

He tossed the bag into the truck and then got inside the driver's side. He grinned as he looked down at the clock and realized he would be arriving home an hour before he had said.

He parked the vehicle and grabbed the duffel bag out. He walked in through the study entrance and was quickly hit with the scent of Zoey's cooking. He smiled, as he darted up the stairs quickly, and into the nursery. He opened the closet and tossed the entire duffel bag up on the top shelf. He then jogged down the stairs and darted into the kitchen.

"You're home early." Zoey said turning around with a smile.

He chuckled, as he walked over and pulled her away from the stove. He leaned down and captured her lips with his, and then picked her up and placed her on the counter. She giggled, "Dinner is going to burn if you don't let me down."

He laughed, as he reach over and turned the stove off. "Not anymore."

He then leaned back over and kissed her yet again. She smiled, "What's gotten into you?"

"Can't I just come home to my beautiful girlfriend?"

"You can." She said, running her fingers through his hair. "I missed you."

"I missed you too." He said, leaning forward and placing his forehead against hers. He leaned down and kissed her mouth softly. "You should visit your parents soon."

"Why?" She asked.

He sighed, "I have a big job coming up, and I just want you out of town. Alright?"

"But Jack!"

"No buts. Just go home for a couple of days okay? In a week? Promise me you will."

"But Jack."

"No Buts. I want you to go home. Okay? Then you'll come back, and guess what?" He said.

She shrugged her shoulder's, "What?"

"It'll be over." He whispered.

Her mouth dropped knowing what he was referring to. She smiled as she tossed her arms around his neck and he grinned. He was happy with her reaction. She agreed to go home for a couple of days, and that made him even happier about pulling this job off without any problems.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image