Letters From Jack

Over Board

Zoey parked her vehicle and starred at her parents who were standing on the front porch waiting for her. She sighed, and stepped out of the SUV. She hated the fact that she was away from Jack. She hated the fact that he was doing something dangerous. But she just hoped and prayed that everything turned out okay. She walked up on the porch and hugged both of her parents.

"Look what a belly you have there!" Her mom said, pulling her t-shirt up and starring at the small bump. "I can't believe you're sixteen weeks already!" She squealed.

"I know, Mom. time is flying." Zoey said, trying her best to not show how worried she is at the moment.

"Are you going to find out what the baby is while you're down here?" Her dad asked, "You can usually find out about this time."

"Jack and I have an appointment in two weeks. We'll find out then. I promise to call directly after."

"Oh! I hope it's a little girl. Or a little boy! Or one of both! Oh! Could you imagine twins?" Her mother squealed out.

Zoey walked inside the house and took a seat on the couch. She was extremely wore out from the long trip down. She was hoping this would be the last trip she needed to make for awhile. She didn't want to travel much during her pregnancy. Also, with the Joker being dead, then her parents could travel up to Gotham and stay with her and Jack.

"So, how is the house?" Her mother asked.

Zoey phoned often and told her about things. Claire was pleased when Jack surprised her with a house. Zoey smiled and then began to gush about the beautiful house they lived in.

"What colors are you doing the baby's room in?"

"We're not sure. Pink and purple for a girl though, and blue and green for a boy."

"Any names picked out?"

Zoey shook her head, "Mom, we still don't know what the baby is!" She laughed.

"But we can find out!" Claire stressed, "I'm dying to know. I need to go shopping, and everything! I can't wait until my little grand child is born."

Her father laughed and she smiled at her mom. She was glad she was excited, but she was defiantly taking it a bit over board. Claire got up from the table and rushed off to the kitchen, assuming Zoey was hungry after the long trip down. Her father just laughed.

"You know she's so happy about the baby."

"I am too."

"Why didn't Jack come down with you?"

"Oh, he's just checking into some things with work. He's actually going to try to find a building and open up a costume shop. It was a dream of his, and we've talked about making it a family business."

"That's great honey. Will it just be a Halloween oriented store?"

"I don't think so. We'll probably have other things in it as well. Vintage clothing, jewelery and such."

"That sounds great. I can't wait to come and see it."

"Wemight wait until after the baby is born. We have a lot of work to do on the nursery."

"I'm sure Jack will fix everything perfectly. You know. . . I always did like him for some reason. Your mother just had a problem with his age. She thought it was weird for an eighteen year old boy to be interested in a young girl such as yourself. But I think she finally realizes that the two of you were just drawn to each other."

Zoey smiled, and nodded her head. Soon her mother called her into the kitchen and she enjoyed a family dinner with her parents. All during dinner her mother suggested a million different baby names. She just kind of tuned her out and enjoy the dinner.

Once she ate and helped her mom wash the dishes, she excused herself off to bed. She just wanted to get a good nights sleep and hopefully forget that Jack was probably getting ready to go into the bank at any time. He had explained his entire plan to her. Even though she didn't like the idea of innocent people dying, she knew this was the only way they could be together.

She just hoped he managed to pull everything off without any problems. She didn't know what she would do without him.

The Joker looked around his bedroom in the hideout and sighed. He grabbed the locket from the desk and stuck it in his pocket. It was the only thing he wanted to take with him. He had finally fixed it and planned on returning it to Zoey as soon as she came home.

He walked down the stairs and looked at the seven men lined up. He had one man dressed as him. He told the others he was simply a distraction. He was dressed in a black t-shirt, and jeans much like the other guys and he planned on wearing a clown mask over his face.

"Are we ready, boys?"

Everyone nodded their heads and he grinned.

"Let the party begin then." He stated, walking out of the hideout for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image