Letters From Jack

Over

The Joker briefed his workers on the plan one last time before pushing the side door of the van open and walking inside. He and Reaper had a get away vehicle parked near the back exit of the bank. It was a small blue car. The cops would never assume that it was a getaway vehicle. It just didn't scream 'criminal' like an unmarked white van did. The Joker clutched onto his gun as he walked through the doors of the bank.

He watched as his double said a few of his lines. He rolled his eyes behind his mask as he listened to the uneven childish voice. The boy was doing a horrible job at portraying him, but at least no one would live to tell about it.

Crusher and two of the other guys took off running to unlock the safe, while The Joker and Reaper made sure the workers didn't phone anyone. He licked over his lips as a few of them came running toward the waiting area with duffel bags of money. The Joker explained that he and Reaper would take the money out the side exit, and would give them the call. The men all trusted him.

He and Reaper picked up the duffel bags of money, and then made it through a side exit. Things were going according to plan as he placed the many bags into the small back seat of the car. He smirked when he realized the back seat was completely filled, then he just needed to place some money in the trunk. He popped the trunk and placed several more duffel bags inside.

"That's the last of it, Boss! How about we head out?" Reaper suggested.

The Joker nodded his head. They would push the detonator once they got a few blocks away. Just as he was about to climb inside the driver's side of the van. He felt something at the temple of his head.

He turned around slowly and looked deep into the blue eyes of one of his men. It was one of the guys who hadn't been working for him very long.

"What do we have here? A trick up the old sleeve?" The man questioned.

"I suggest you get that gun away from my temple, kid." The Joker said, in a very dark voice.

"Not so fast. I think half of that should be mine since I cracked the codes to get into the safe."

"I don't think so." The Joker said.

"Well, then I hope you enjoy hell." The man snickered.

Just as he was about to pull the trigger, he fell unconscious to the floor. Reaper was standing behind the Joker with a steel pipe over his shoulder, "Such armatures." He said, and then walked over and climbed inside the passenger side.

The Joker breathed in and knew if Reaper hadn't been there then things would definitely be a lot worse. He took his gun out of his pocket, and shot the man in the head at least five times before climbing inside the car. He needed to make sure he was dead.

He began driving down the road. There were no cop cars in sight. Once they got a few blocks away from the bank, Reaper pushed the button which caused the huge explosion to happen behind them. The Joker grinned as he realized it was finally over. Everything was over. He was finally getting his life back.

Finally getting the life he had always wanted with Zoey.

Reaper requested he drop him off at the train station. He was getting out of Gotham. He wanted to become a tattoo artist, and thought California would be a good opportunity for him to do so. The only thing he wanted to take with him was the million dollars, and the clothes on his back.

"I guess this is goodbye, boss." Reaper said.

"Jack. My name's Jack, kid."

Reaper smiled, "My real name is Jacob. It was pretty decent working for you these past years. You've really helped me out."

The Joker nodded, "Take care of yourself kid."

He pulled out of the train station and headed back to his house. He pulled into the garage and smiled, as the door lowered down behind him. He grabbed the duffel bags from the car and packed them up the stairs and stored them in the nursery. He now had over four million dollars put up for his family. They could do anything they pleased.

He would get rid of the blue car late at night. He would let it drive right off the deck. It would sank to the bottom before the daylight hours, and be lost forever. He didn't even think it was necessary to do that, but he knew he wanted get rid of all evidence. The hideout didn't matter because The Joker would be dead.

He walked up the stairs and darted into their bedroom. He pulled the locket out of his pocket and smiled. In just a matter of days Zoey would be back in Gotham and they would really start their lives together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Only two more chapters to go!

Image