Letters From Jack

Jacie

Zoey pulled the key out of her purse quickly and unlocked the front door. She hadn't saw Jack in three days. He had phoned her and let her know he was okay, and talked briefly on the phone. But she still didn't feel good about everything. She needed to see him. She needed to hold him. She slammed the door shut and yelled.

"Jack!"

He came walking down the stairs with a smile upon his lips. She squealed out and then ran over to him and jumped up on him, wrapping her legs around his waist, and holding him tight. He chuckled, "You better not hurt yourself or the baby."

"I missed you so much!" She managed to say in between smothering him with kisses.

He chuckled, and packed her over to the couch. He sat down, with her still on top of him. He kissed her hard on the lips, and then stroked his hand over her stomach.

"Is it really over?" She asked.

He didn't answer, instead he just reached over and grabbed the remote from the coffee table and turned on the television. Even though it happened three days ago, the explosion was still big news. She read over it and smiled when it announced The Joker was dead, along with eighty seven others.

"You done it." She said, hugging him tightly.

"I did, and I also have a surprise for you."

"What's that?"

He slipped his hand down in his pocket and grabbed the locket. He pulled it out and then handed it to her. She looked at it and her eyes went wide. She smiled, as she got up from him and bent down. He placed the locket around her neck, and she ran her fingers over it, tears taking over her eyes.

"Jack, I love you." She said, sitting back down on his lap.

"I love you as well. I've also been doing some thinking."

"About what?" She asked.

"Some baby names." He smiled.

"What do you have?"

"Just a boys name really."

"And what name is that?"

"I like the name Jacob."

She smiled, and then nodded her head, "I like Jacob. I've been doing some thinking as well." She said.

He laughed, "And what did you come up with?"

"If it's a little girl I want to name her Susie."

He smiled, and then leaned in and kissed her, "It sounds like we've decided then."

"Mhm. Now we can find out what the baby is."

"We sure can, Zoe."

She cuddled up close to him and he filled her in on what happened during the day. She cringed at some of the details, but smiled when he explained how Reaper saved his life. She now wanted a boy more than anything just so she could name it after the boy who made sure Jack got back to her safely.

"We can combine the names, I guess." She offered.

"Huh?" He asked.

They had been talking about the events of the robbery, and now she switched back to talking about baby names.

"We can combine Jacob and Susie."

"How on earth are we going to do that?"

"I don't know." She laughed, "It was only a suggestion."

"Jacie"

"How about we just stick to the boy and girl names." She laughed.

He smiled, and leaned in and kissed her softly, "Whatever you want. As long as we have a healthy baby, boy or girl, Jacob or Susie, I'll be happy."

She grinned, and wrapped her arms around him. It truly didn't matter what the baby was, or what name they decided on. Everything already fit together so perfectly. She just couldn't wait to hold her precious son or daughter in her arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
One more to go :(
Image