Letters From Jack

Baby Susie

Zoey screamed out in pain as she tried to push her daughter into the world. She was two weeks early, but doctor's assured her that Baby Susie was healthy and ready to come into the world. Jack leaned down and kissed her softly on the forehead, "You are doing so good, baby. She's almost here." He whispered.

She looked up at him, and then screamed out yet again as she let her head fall back into the pillow. She didn't want any medication, so here she was, dealing with natural child birth without any numbing medicine or pain injections. The male doctor told her that she could get the baby out with a few more pushes on the next contraction. She breathed in heavily as she waited for the next one.

"Okay, one, two, three, and push."

Zoey pushed as hard as she could, and then she felt the baby leave her body, and the sound of a loud crying filled the air. She smiled brightly, as she tried to look over at the baby. Jack cut the cord, and then the baby was cleaned a little, before placed on Zoey's stomach. She looked down at the little girl and smiled. She was so beautiful.

A nurse took her away to clean her a bit better and check everything. Jack looked down at Zoey and she could see tears in his eyes as he leaned down and kissed her on the forehead, "I am so fucking proud of you." He whispered, "So proud."

After she was cleaned up they brought her daughter back over and placed her in Zoey's arms. She smiled down at the beautiful little girl and smiled so brightly. She looked exactly like Jack. She was defiantly a Napier from top to bottom, and the name Susie seemed to suit her as well. Jack beamed down at the two of them with a smile on his face.

"I should go get your parents. They're in the waiting room."

"Please." Zoey said, her voice hardly audible.

Soon her mother and father came into the room. Claire and Kenneth both gasped out when they saw the little baby. Zoey let Jack hold her, and watched as he whispered sweet little lines to his daughter. Sweet little promises that she knew he would one day full fill.

"She is so beautiful." Claire squealed as she traced a finger slightly over her cheek as Jack still held her.

"How does it feel to be parents?" Kenneth asked the couple.

Jack just smiled, still looking down at his daughter. Zoey was the one who spoke up, "Exhausting."

Everyone laughed and Jack allowed Claire to hold Susie. He walked over and leaned down and kissed Zoey softly on the lips.

"I love you."

"I love you too." She said, smiling at him.

"Thank you for giving me the most precious gift in the entire world." He whispered in her ear, as he looked over at the baby.

Claire brought baby Susie back over and laid her down in Zoey's arms. She looked down at the precious angel in her arms and couldn't believe how far things had come. She and Jack now owned a costume and jewelry store, and they finally had Susie in their arms. Life was going good for the two of them. Zoey realized that she finally had everything she needed in life. She had found what she had always been looking for.

She was so thankful she found the letters from Jack. If she hadn't have found them, then she would still probably be on the same lonesome path, not really feeling like she was living her life.
♠ ♠ ♠
FINISHED :)
Image