Status: Ongoing

Eccentrically

Grace

Last night was the first time I ever cried in years. The whole oddness of it still surrounds me up to this very second. How it seeps through my veins, like a rush that holds me up higher, it’s pulsating. How it reminds me constantly that for the first time in my life, my love is being reciprocated in all honesty. Looking back, I’ve always had a crush one after the other. I fell in love with the boys who treated me at least remotely right, or plainly just gave me kindness even as a form of gesture. But now, the moments of reminiscing is over, as I have someone who loves me – my precious Eli.

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop.

A cold air breezes in from the window. Along with the odd tingling presence inside my heart, I found it unusual that it’s actually drizzling in the summer. I take a moment to yawn before I began to stretch my back as I stood-up from my bed. My head turned to the side as a small ray of light greeted me as I opened my eyes; from there, I easily inferred that the clouds were a dark murky color. I felt the cold icy feeling on the floor with my barefoot, as if I was stepping on dry ice. I took a few small steps to the window by my study and pulled on the curtain slightly. My hypothesis was correct; it was raining.

A few moments of silence passed before I decided to ponder on my agenda for the day. Considering the weather, which I’ve never been a fan about, it was between risking going out of this terrifying rainy day or just stay around here in my room. My feet maneuvered their way in front of the full-size mirror on my drawer, and I scanned my body: childish looking flower-print pajamas, cotton-like risqué bedroom hair and an even paler skin thanks to the cold weather. This means, in complete ideology, I am a mess and that it’s time to go back to bed.

I climb back on my bed. I lay my back down gently, feeling an immediate comfort as I find myself sinking on the soft and perfect hideaway. When I was young, I remember crying in pain when I developed a series of backaches that got my parents worried about my condition. Turns out, it was my bed’s fault that pained me eagerly that I was stuck with a body brace for three days. I was lucky enough to have it all return to normal after the incident.

My mind drifted away to possibly a million things at that time. After an hour or so, I felt my cellphone vibrate from my pajama pocket. Finally. All night long, I waited for Elijah to text me. Just to tell me I wasn’t dreaming. Just to see if he really was serious about the events that transpired last night. Somehow, my heart rate fell faster. I was excited. But I learned never to expect anything from anyone, or I’ll just be disappointed in the long shot. Life is full of surprises.

You would just never know.

I flipped my cell open. Now that I got a clearer view on what is really happening in my life, I noticed how scratched and damaged my phone was. The front LCD had a glass break on it and the keypad was very faded that you can hardly see the letters that were prescribed to each key. But I dropped all the notions in my head when I saw Elijah’s name pop out on the screen.

Fr: Elijah Harvey

Hey, Beautiful. Did you have a nice sleep? I’m sorry if I woke you up or anything. I just wanted to say I love you, and I hope you have a nice morning. I’ll call you later.


I felt a bomb drop on my chest. My hands began to shake. Tightly, I clutched the cellphone on my chest with my hands grasped on to it – as if they were planning to never let go. This was it. This was the sign that I needed to prove that Elijah was really my existent love. For a moment, my heart was about to tell me to stay grounded until I had proof of this happening – this direly important event.

So I decided to reply:

To: Elijah Harvey

Hey, good morning, Ijah. I heart you. I’m waiting. :)


I felt my face flush at the way I said ‘I heart you’. The L key on my cell was broken and no matter how many times I would press hard on the key, it just wouldn’t bulge. I found me saying ‘I’m waiting’ instead of ‘I’ll be waiting’ for the same reason. It just made me look desperate. Sort of like screaming: Elijah, come call me now! But I couldn’t deny the fact that I wanted to hear his voice. It would give me the perfect morning.

And come five minutes later, while I was still debating on getting a new phone, Eli called.

Everyone should know that my ringtone is the silliest one on the block. Actually, it’s the theme song of Rocko’s Modern Life: my favorite cartoon show when I was young. I remember Rocko’s trio of friends and his constant bickering about his life. And of course I learned so much about my life there, so I couldn’t let go easily and just forget about it. I was like Rocko, always naïve and silent – while the other two would slightly resemble both Maggie and Sara. I guess that’s why it stayed with me for so long.

“Grace? You there?”

I almost dropped my phone. “Yeah, I am.”

“Why weren’t you saying anything?” he laughed. “I thought I was talking to someone other than you on the line.”

“Sorry,” I composed myself. “It’s the weather. I guess it’s making me feel… a little weird.”

“You said it! I’m feeling a little lazy to go out. What about you? Are you planning to go out?”

“Well,” Yes, I want to go out with you. You. You. You. “Yeah, I guess I am. Maybe I’ll hang out at the library.” Actually, anywhere would be better than my house. It’s just Emery here posting her make-up tutorials on Youtube. You’d think she’d get sick of her make-up anytime soon, but nope, not her.

“Oh,” Elijah paused for awhile. “Would you like to eat lunch before going there? I mean, only if you’d like to… There’s”

“Yeah,” I smiled. “I would love to.”

Now that my heart is about to stop fluttering, it’s time to answer the next question to our query: What am I going to wear?
♠ ♠ ♠
:)
I think I'm about to prefer writing/reading Elijah's point of view. What do you think? I believe it's because Grace is more perceptive with her surroundings unlike Eli who's more descriptive with his feelings.

Comment, please? :D