Status: Ongoing

Eccentrically

Elijah

As much as I really hate how the heat makes me feel delirious and nauseated, I love how the light from the sun creates an iridescent effect on my pictures. Whenever I see the pictures after they’re processed, I’m invigorated with the sight of wonderful light beaming from every corner of the picture. The heat from the sun makes them albeit boring because of zoom of orange lights beaming past the vignettes, blending well with the color splashes attached inside my Holga.

I can’t say that all my pictures have been perfect. What I can proclaim, however, is the fact that I’m proud of all the pictures I’ve taken – regardless of whatever inspiration pierced through me at that point in time.

“Fuck.”

My eyes blinked continuously as the light slapped me right smack on the face. I accidentally shot the last slide with as much ignorance as I was with my chores yesterday, which means that I had no idea what I was doing. I sighed, and turned the wheel to twist in the last of my film to roll it all back in its casket.

“There goes another one.” I murmured repressively as I pushed my Holga in ignorance, against all the other items inside my side bag. Suddenly, as I shoved it in deeper, a huge thunk sound was produced. Was it my pocket flashlight, or was it my pocket hammer? I have no idea. But I’m hoping that my analog friend wasn’t stuck between the two. They might kill my baby. And I don’t have enough money for a replacement.

“Stop saying the word ‘Fuck’, Eli Harvey.” Bradley said carefully, nudging me by my shoulders. What a jock. “Just go grab a whore and FUCK her.” I wonder what he’d think if he knew that I was still a virgin?

I’m so sorry that I can’t get a girlfriend. I can’t even talk to Grace straight without messing up. Sluts are no option. I like stable relationships, not that I've experienced it already in the first place.

I pretended to be amused as I slightly chuckled over at his joke – not saying that it wasn’t good. He may be even serious about it. “Nice,” I replied nonchalantly. “But sadly,” My voice stopped for awhile as I contemplated about my Holga being smashed between the two kings of my bag. In the end, I decided to carry my Holga and decided to save myself from all the worry. “whores aren’t exactly my thing, Brad.” I sided. “Unlike you,”

“Pfft.” was all that he replied.

“Thanks for the encouragement.” I answered back sarcastically, wiping the sweat off my forehead. Have you ever felt the pain when sweat gets into your eyes? Ouch. My eyes switched glances when I saw Grace and her friend exit from the Dumpling Bowl over at the plaza. Although I couldn’t see her well from afar, I know it’s her. And good choice, I love the dumplings over at DP. “I highly think that you should avoid me from now on.” Call it a gift of sorts to the people of Hunterville.

“Why is that?” he asked, oblivious.

“Because,” I said, raising my shoulder swiftly to my side. “of that,” I pointed Grace out to him. What would Grace think if she saw me hanging out with an ass like Bradley Haste? Oh, lovely, lovely, Grace Kinley would hate me for sure.

“Sara?” he quickly pondered on his words. So that girl’s name is Sara? “You know that she’s head over heels in love with me.” No, I do not know, but I’ll pretend that I do just to make myself look okay.

“Not with that shithead.” I said ignorantly. “With her,”

“Gracie?”

Oh, well, DUH.

“Right,”

Sara, the girl with the messy hair, glanced up right to us and waved over at Bradley. She smiled and awkwardly nudged Grace by her shoulders, which, from staring at the lightly swaying trees looked right at us. My stomach awkwardly twisted to a tight knot, almost unbearable.

“Well, what are you waiting for?” Brad pushed me once more over at the center of my back. “Go talk to her!”

Sara and Grace began to walk towards as with least support possible. I felt myself sticking to the worst situations possible at that very moment, wondering how I’ll be able to get a single word out.

Naturally, today was a bad day. And as far as confidence went, I went from a high level to a low streaming centerpiece. Today was just not a good day, and I’m willing to accept that. But that doesn’t mean Grace should know about it, right? It’s just plain unethical in that sense.

“Hey, babe,” Brad leaned down and kissed Sara. “Grace,” he acknowledged after breaking his lips away from hers. Although it seems that he broke his kiss, the two exuded a vibe that they wanted more than just a simple ‘liplock’.

She nodded to him before turning to me. “Eli,”

My heart just exploded.

“Grace,” I smiled. “Want to go get some lunch?” I dared.

And everything else seems to have faded away.

***

Mesopotatoes is an indie Asian-themed hangout here in Hunterville, Chicago. Although the food is practically mouth-watering and the desserts are to die for, hardly anyone goes in because of the fact that it’s hidden in the weirdest depths of downtown which is situated somewhere between a Korean restaurant and an antique secondhand bookstore. Plus, drug-dealers are rumored to be seeping the downtown area. Total bum. I guess that's why we had to use Bradley's car to get here.

How sad.

“Thank you for treating us, Eric!” Weird-looking shambled Sara said as she chewed the last piece of her buttered croissant. She ate funnily, that food came shooting out of her mouth everywhere. I looked down on my plate. It looks like I haven’t even finished half of my onion rings thanks to a certain someone. “Say,” she grinned. “Can I order another one if this?” Seriously, she’s still hungry?

“It’s Elijah,” I sighed. “Go crazy.” This is me and my wallet screaming inside.

And I glanced beside me, noticing that Grace hasn't spoken for awhile. "What about you, Grace?" I asked, feeling a little worried that she's gotten bored. "Want anything?" I reached over the menu. "It's my treat."

“I’m okay.” She answered back. “I’m alright.”

No, it isn’t!

So, I pressed, "Why don't I order something and we'll share it?"

She smiled.

"Thank you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys, what do you think both Grace and Eli look like? Show me any pictures if you have any. :D I'd like to see how you guys see them. XD Please? :3

:)