Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter23

Jack's eyes will not move from my now scantily clad body. I can not move. I am petrified in the position. My brother's incredibly hot best friend is staring at me and I am in my underwear.

"Hi, Jack," I manage to squeak.

He immediately looks up. A blush covers his cheeks and the bridge of his nose.

"Sorry," he mumbles, rushing out of the room.

I let out the breath I had been holding. It's hard to breathe when someone is staring like that. I throw on the shirt and boxers; then leave the room. I walk back down the hall, into the living room. The couch now has a sheet, blanket, and pillow on it. Jack is sitting in the middle of it, eyes focused on the wall.

"Um, Jack," I say.

He turns his attention to me. There is a hint of guilt in his eyes.

"I'm sorry I was changing in your room," I apologize.

He smiles. The guilt is still in his eyes.

I don't want him to feel bad for walking in on me changing.

"It's okay. I didn't exactly tell you where the bathroom was," he says.

"Don't feel bad," I blurt.

His eye brows knit.

"It's not your fault you walked in on me half naked. At least I wasn't fully naked," I say.

A smirk forms on his face.

What is he thinking about?

"Alex is going to kill me," he says.

"You don't have to tell Alex."

"Oh trust me, I have to tell Alex."

"Why?" I ask.

Why would you risk my brother stabbing his car keys into your jugular?

"Don't worry about it. Go sleep in my room. You know where it is."

"I can sleep on the couch," I say.

"No. I'm sleeping on the couch. Go sleep in my bed."

"I've been sleeping on park benches for three years. I think I can handle the couch."

"Bitch, I am sleeping on the couch," he jokes.

"Ho, go sleep in your bed," I joke back.

"Do you want to fight?" he stands.

"Wrestling match. Right here."

"I can take you."

"Bring it, skinny man."

He leaps over the couch and onto my body. I fall to the ground with him on top of me. Laughs spill from my lips. Jack's face is only inches from mine, his lanky legs straddle my hips. A triumphant smile plants on his face.

"Looks like I win," he states.

His eyes catch mine. We stare for what feels like hours. It's most likely only minutes. His eyes dart to my lips; then back up to my eyes. He leans in. His lips are only centimeters from mine. Ringing cuts through the silence. The moment is gone.

"Fuck," Jack mumbles.

He pushes his body off of mine.

"You should go to sleep," he says.

"Right," I whisper, forcing my body onto my feet.

"Good night," he pulls me into a quick hug.

"Night," I walk out of the room and to his bedroom.

The ringing stops. Jack has most likely answered his phone. I close his bedroom door behind me and collapse on the bed. It's lumpy but soft at the same time. I may not sleep tonight. I snuggle my face into the pillow. It smells like him. The delicious sent of Jack will be covering me as I sleep, or stay awake.

He almost kissed me. I'm sure that is what we were getting to. I wish he would have ignored the phone. At the same time, I'm happy he didn't kiss me.

I've never kissed a guy before.

I'm so inexperienced in this department. What if he had kissed me and he didn't enjoy? My heart would have been crushed. I still want him to kiss me. I like him more than any other guy I've met.

I have more to worry about than a relationship though. My family is still trying to make me stay at home. I'm still trying to bring myself to forgive them, trying to find a reason to stay.

Plus I'm scared. Relationships are like the monster under my bed. They haunt me at night. I can deal with death, but I can't deal with them.

I take a deep breath. Jack's sent kisses my nose.

It's going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to CypherToorima, deekayyx0, turnupthejonas, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, love.for.life, Midnight_Monster, youmakemylifebright, save your heart., erinx3, xoNatasha5xo, Terracotta, soochie, xBubblegumSmilex, FayeIsLost, purplemonster, poprockprincess, pwned_urface, and jayanne.
That's a lot of comments for me.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I hope you enjoy this update
(And my lack of creative "thank you")
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste