Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter27

I dislike shopping. It's never been one of those things I'm "good at." Honestly, I'm a failure as a female. I should at least enjoy shopping to an extent but I loathe it. It may have to do with the social aspect of it all or even my mother never taking me shopping as a child. When I stopped eating, I could never fit into any of the clothes for my age group. I was too small.

We sit in Alex's car, waiting to go into the mall while Alex fixes his disguise. This car is no longer the piece of junk he used to have. No, this is a brand new car. It even has a working air conditioner, something his old car did not.

I wait patiently for my brother to finish fixing his sunglasses and changing the flip in his hair. Those are the only parts of his disguise. I don't think he is too worried about getting caught.

Then again, you don't have to change how you look to avoid being recognized. I am a prime example of that.

Alex finishes primping his disguise.

"I'm ready," he says, opening his car door.

"About time," I mumble.

When did he become so feminine?

I too get out of the car. I follow behind Alex as we walk across the parking lot.

I don't want to go shopping but Alex thinks I need new clothes. I was doing just fine with one pair. That sounds extremely unsanitary but it's not that bad.

Alex holds the door open, waiting patiently for me to enter. I nod my thanks and step through the entrance. There are swarms of teenagers. The lights are abnormally bright. Mannequins dressed to impress inhabit store windows. There are so many people. That thought just won't leave my mind. I feel like they're all staring at me, judging me. I would love to turn around and leave.

A hand grips my shoulder. I look up. My eyes meet Alex's. He smiles down at me.

"It's going to be okay," he says.

He is attempting to make me feel better about being around such a large amount of people. It's obvious he is trying hard to be the big brother I never had.

I nod, as if to say that I trust him.

At least I hope that's how it came off.

His hand still on my shoulder, he guides me through the crowds. Surprisingly, no one recognizes him. We enter a female clothing store. I don't know the name. I don't think to ask the name.

"Find something," Alex says, pulling his phone from his pocket and turning his attention to it.

I hesitate. "I don't know what to get."

He looks up at me. "Are you serious?" he asks.

I nod.

Fashion is beyond me. I don't know what looks good, what looks horrible. I've never cared before. I've never needed too.

Alex sighs.

"I guess Jack will be useful today," he mumbles.

"What?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

He mentioned Jack. Is Jack coming here? Did he invite Jack to shop with us? He wouldn't do that. Not after last night.

We stand in silence.

"Should we just go home?" I ask.

"No. Wait a few seconds," he replies.

What is he talking about?

I open my mouth to question my brother's statement. A weight on my shoulders cuts me off. Arms are wrapped around me.

"Hello again," the owner of the arms whispers.

It's Jack.

I smile.

"Hey, Jack," I reply.

"Get off, Jack," my brother says firmly.

Jack's arms drop.

"You suck, Alex," Jack replies.

"Don't care. Go find clothes for August."

Jack stares at him. His face is still extremely attractive in a blank stare.

I would love to kiss that stare off his face.

"Why?" he asks.

"She doesn't know what to get," Alex replies.

Jack faces me. "Lucky for you, clothing is my specialty." He faces Alex again. "I'm choosing her underwear too."

Before Alex can react, Jack turns and runs through the store.

"That idiot," Alex mumbles.

This should be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to soochie, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, FayeIsLost, Live.Love.Lina, Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, erinx3, xoNatasha5xo, CypherToorima, save your heart., haHasparky_, purplemonster, StayYoung_, youmakemylifebright., Hello.There.Stranger, and Jersey's Colder.
I don't know if I've stated this but:
The number of comments I have on this story is amazing for me. It makes me extremely happy.
As does the number of subscribers.
Also this has ten stars.
So thank you all so very much.
I hope you enjoy.
I may post another one today, depending on when I finish studying.
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste