Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter33

Jack and I sit on the couch, hands folded in our laps. Alex paces in front of us, rubbing his temples.

"What the hell did you think you were doing there?" Alex asks finally.

"I—," Jack starts.

Alex cuts him off, "No. I'll tell you what you were thinking: nothing. What would have happened if my parents walked in?"

"Well they—," Jack tries to speak.

Again, Alex cuts him off, "They would have killed you. What you just did is illegal."

"Actually—"

"Shut up," Alex tells him.

Alex stares at the wall, unmoving. Jack crosses his arms over his chest and pouts.

"Alex," I say.

"Yes, August," he sighs.

"Don't be mad at us."

"I'm not mad at you; I'm mad at him," Alex states.

"But I didn't stop him, Alex," I say. "And I liked it," I continue in a whisper.

"You what?" asks Alex, whipping his head to face me.

Jack perks up next to me.

"I liked it," I say louder.

A smile spreads on Jack's face. Alex says nothing, just stares at me. It's like he's trying to figure out the thoughts running through my head.

News flash: you'll never figure me out.

I am tempted to tell him so.

The clock on the wall reads 11:00AM. If I leave now, I can make it walking.

I stand, "I have to go to practice. We'll finish this later."

I don't stay to hear them bid me farewell. I walk out of the room, grab my bag, and leave the house. The air nips at my exposed legs while I walk. My jacket is zipped fully, protecting my stomach from the danger known as winter wind. The streets are empty. I don't understand why. Besides the numbing wind, it’s a nice day. In fact, it’s a beautiful day. The sun is shining; there are no clouds, no rain. It's beautiful.

But it's so damn cold.

Maybe I should have just forced Alex to bring me.

I hug my jacket closer to my frame. A shiver runs through my spine. I pass the park. The only place that mattered to me for three years. Even longer so. When I was younger I would go there to think.

I had so many amazing times there. About a year into being away from home, I met this group. They were all druggies of course but they were amazing people. They were so outgoing and friendly, even if they were on something half time. One night, when they were all on acid, they decided they wanted to have a bonfire in the gazebo in the middle of the park. We had the biggest bonfire I had ever seen, burning anything we didn't need, anything we could find.

The gazebo burned to the ground that night. The police never figured out who had done it.

Even though we did something so illegal, it was so fun. We danced, we sang, we drank, we talked about life.

I honestly believe druggies know more about life than any sane person knows.

Or maybe they're crazy.

Who am I to judge?

I walk down the Disney street. There are no people here either. Is it national no people day? I missed this.

All shops look to be closed.

I know one place down this street that will be open; the dance academy. I stop in front of its glass door and sigh. My breath is visible in the air.

It's too cold.

I open the door and step inside. Immediately warmth and the scent of peppermints cloud my senses.

This place is always perfect during Christmas time.

I walk down the hallway, ignoring the pictures of past performances on the wall, and enter the one of the doors on the right. Most of the people in our group are there. One spots my reflection in the mirror. He jumps and runs toward me. I brace myself. His body collides with mine, sending us both to the floor.

"August," he yells.

"Aaron," I say in a normal tone.

Various 'hey August's can be heard. Our instructor walks in.

"Aaron, get off of August. You're crushing her," she says.

This isn't abnormal. He does this every practice. It doesn't faze anyone here.

"But I love her. She's my mini-Gaskarth," he yells, still on top of me.

"If you value your life, you will get off of her," she replies.

He jumps up without hesitation, offering his hand for me. I take it and pull myself up.

"From the beginning of the tune," our instructor says.

We get to our spots. The music starts and I lose myself in what I love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to Reptar., save your heart., deekayyx0, Jersey;, He.Hates.Me, BillieTalent, youmakemylifebright., Schadenfreude., followmedown, MoveYourHips, Ms. Sobriety (commented twice), Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, LetsBreakHearts, OverTheRainbow, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, purplemonster, erinx3, xoNatasha5xo, soochie, v i v o l e t t e ., FayeIsLost, whoaitsthekimster, CypherToorima, jayanne, and peace.love.music.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
Um, with the way this story ends, it may end up with a sequel.
Fair warning.
Or I'll make a story involving Alex and one of August's dance team members.
I'll take a vote when I post the last chapter.
Anyway,
Enjoy?
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste