Snake Bite Heart With a Bubble Gum Smile

Chapter40

School. I hate school. Alex lied when he said it would be okay. School is never okay. In fact, it’s the worst thing ever. I just want to curl up in a corner and die. That would solve everything.

It would solve everything for me, at least.

But my family wouldn't be too happy about that. I am aware that they actually care about what happens to me.

It’s a bit of a reassuring feeling.

I stare at the board. The multi-colored, dry-erase markers decorate it in information I should write down, information I should remember for the upcoming test. The loose-leaf paper on my desk is blank though. I have very little want to be here and no want to care.

A bell sounds through the classroom, echoing in the halls.

"For homework, I want you to finish outlining the chapter," our teacher says.

Her voice can not be heard over the sounds of students shoving binders and notebooks into their bags. I calmly place my binder into my bag and leave the classroom last.

It's lunch time. I don't know where I plan on staying today. There is no way I would go to the cafeteria; I would only sit alone at a random table, taking up space. The library doesn't allow food and my mother packed a lunch for me this morning. I plan on eating it, every last bit.

I'll sit at my locker. No one will notice; no one will care.

I walk to my lunch destination. From a distance I can see a tall, male figure leaning against my locker. His frame is thin and he wears sunglasses. I'd say I don't recognize him, but his skunk-hair gives him away.

"Well, hello, stranger," I say as I approach him.

He turns his head to face me. A smile conquers his face.

"You recognize me?" he asks.

"Well your skunk-hair and nose give it away."

"Skunk-hair?"

"Yeah," I reply, sheepish.

"You don't like my hair?" he asks, touching it with his fingers.

"What? I didn't say that. I like your hair. It just happens to remind me of a skunk."

He nods to himself.

"So why are you here?" I ask.

He shrugs. "I just came to see you. Alex said it was alright if I did."

My stomach leaps. He went out of his way to see me. Alex even allowed him too. I thought Alex would have told him to stay away from me after the kiss, our kiss. I guess I was wrong.

If that wasn't the outcome of their talk, what was?

"What class do you have after this?" Jack asks.

"Just study hall."

"You want to skip? We can go eat somewhere," he says.

But my mom actually made my lunch. I want to eat my mom's handmade lunch. I don't know when I'll get the chance to have that again.

This is Jack though.

"Sure," I say.

"Alright. Get your stuff and let's get out of here. The school environment depresses me."

"Get off my locker so I can," I instruct.

"You know you want me against your locker," he removes his body from its leaning position.

That I do.

"No I don't," I reply, turning my back to him and opening my locker.

"I want you against the locker," he whispers in my ear.

I freeze, mid-throw of my textbook. My jaw drops and my eyes become wide. I turn to face him, willing my mouth to move. It doesn't.

"Meet me outside," he says.

He walks away, leaving me standing in my spot. I lean against the locker next to mine. Lungs inhale deeply.

Oh, Jack.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to vegi falling out, save your heart., xScratchtheplans, erinx3, xXScreamToBeHeardXx, Acadia.Is.Gone, xoNatasha5xo, Akayytoremember, v i v o l e t t e ., therachellynn, LoveXofXYourXLife, Schadenfreude., Mrs_Jessica_Midnight, followmedown, Onsku, jayanne, and StayYoung_.
And thank you to any new subscribers.
I hope you enjoyed.
Comment?
xoxo
Lyric-Celeste