Lovely Wisdom

Return From Summer Vacation

"Wherever you go
You know I'll be there
If you go far
You know I’ll be there
I'll go anywhere
So I'll see you there
You place the name
You know I'll be there
You name the time
You know I'll be there
I'll go anywhere
So I'll see you there

I don't care if you don’t mind
I'll be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
I'll be there for you

Where there's the truth
You know I'll be there
Amongst the lies
You know I'll be there
I'll go anywhere
So I'll see you there

I don't care if you don't mind
I'll be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
I'll be there for you

If you should fall
You know I'll be there
To catch the call
You know I'll be there
I'll go anywhere
So I'll see you there

I don't care if you don’t mind
I'll be there not far behind
I will dare
Keep in mind
I don't care
I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you
I'll be there for you..."


I felt someone smack my arm. I looked up to see my step-sister Deanna standing, glaring at me. "Freak!" She shouted at me. "We're here. It's time to get off the plane."

I rolled my green eyes. "I'm coming..." I took out the head phones on my iPod and got off the plane.

Let me bring you up to speed. I just spent my whole summer vacation with my dad, step-mother, and step-sister in Hawaii. That is where my aunt lives. It was fun and all, but I could really deal without my bitchy step-sister yelling at me like she always does. I love my step-mother, but sometimes I wish Dad didn't marry her so I wouldn't have to put up with Deanna.

When we returned home, I went straight to my room, closed the door behind me, dropped all of my bags on the floor and fell on my bed. I wanted to fall asleep, but I saw a photo on my nightstand.

I picked it up and looked at it. The picture was of my best friends and me: Mikey Way, Ray Toro, Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, and Gerard Way. Bob was hiding his face while the others were just laughing. Gerard had his arm around my shoulders and both of us were smiling like morons. I remember that night like it was yesterday.

It was Sophomore year. We were at our school's football game, sitting in a bench next to the food stand and not really paying attention to the game at all.

"I'm stealing your cheese fries!" Bob said, grabbing a handful of cheese fries from Ray and shoving them into his mouth.

"Gross! Get your own!" Ray growled.

Gerard poked my side and made me jump.

"Stop!" I laughed. "You know how ticklish I am!"

"I know," Gerard laughed with me, trying to tickle my sides as I pushed his hands away.

"Get a room." Mikey mumbled

A girl from the school's newspaper walked by us. She stared at us curiously and smiled. She took out her camera and asked if she could take a shot of us. Bob shook his head, but Frank said, "Sure, go right ahead!"

Gerard put his arm around my shoulders before I saw a flash from the camera.

"I hope that's not in the newspaper." Bob murmured before grabbing more of Ray's fries.

"Is there a reason you still have your arm around me?" I asked, looking into Gerard's hazel eyes.

He smiled and nodded. "My arm likes being there."

"Gee, tell your arm to move."

He ignored me by pressing his lips against my cheek in a friendly gesture. "But you look so cute just sitting there." He teased.

I rolled my eyes and giggled. "Can't take you anywhere."

"No, you really can't." Gerard grinned and removed his arm.

"Morons," Frank laughed at us. "I love you guys."

I smiled and returned the photo to my nightstand. I sat there for a few minutes until I realized what I wanted to do. I jumped off my bed and ran downstairs before I slammed into my step-sister.

"Where are you going?" Deanna scowled at me.

"I'm going to my friend's house." I replied.

"Mom won't like it when she finds out you left the house right after we got off the plane."

"Too bad." I walked around her and I was out the front door before she could say anything else.

The Way house wasn't far from mine. It was just around the curb. I liked going to their house because Dad and Rachel (my step-mom) weren't strict about that kind of stuff. Plus, their mom seemed really nice.

I walked across their lawn and rang the doorbell. The door opened and I saw their mother in the doorway.

"Athena!" She smiled happily and pulled me into a hug. "We missed you around here! How was Hawaii?"

"It was hot." I replied.

She laughed. "Well, you missed a lot of stuff that happened around here."

"Really?" I asked curiously. I was very interested.

"Yeah, you will hardly recognize Gerard."

I blinked. "What happened to Gerard?" I was worried. Did something bad happen to my best friend?

"You'll find out for yourself. Everyone is in Mikey's room." She pointed up the stairs as if I didn't know where his room was.

I sighed and nodded thank you as I went up the stairs. I went down the hall until I reached a door that said: No Trespassing. Definitely Mikey's room. I heard people laughing from inside. I smiled and opened the door.

"Hey guys!" I shouted. "I've returned!"
♠ ♠ ♠
New story! :)
Next chapter will be a lot better.

Comments are appreciated.