Lovely Wisdom

Drawing

Five pairs of eyes looked my way. Four guys surrounded me.

"It's so great to see you!" Frank shouted happily, almost tackling me.

"Athena, I actually missed you." Mikey said, smiling and hugged me.

Ray hugged me. "I missed seeing your fiery hair."

I smiled. "Thanks, Ray. I missed seeing your bushy hair."

Bob pulled me into a really tight hug and whispered, "Gerard's been lonely. Maybe you can help him."

It took me a moment to realize Gerard wasn't surrounding me like the rest of the guys were. It surprised me. He would've most likely be the first one to get to me before anyone else could. I looked over Ray's shoulder and saw someone sprawled across Mikey's bed. My eyes widened with surprise.

"Gee?" I asked with shock. I moved out of the crowd of boys to get a better look at him.

Gerard looked different. His black hair had grown to right above his shoulders, he looked like he lost a few pounds, and his hazel eyes seemed to have more of a sparkle to them. He looked almost like a whole different person. His mouth turned upwards into his childlike smile that I always admired. How can someone change so much in only two-and-a-half months?

"Like what you see?" Gerard said in his usual teasing tone.

"How...?" I started to ask, but stopped immediately.

"I had a lot of free time, so I decided to change my look a bit." He answered my unspoken question. "But I'm still the same old Gee on the inside."

I smiled brightly. "I missed you." I blurted out.

He got off the bed and approached me slowly. "I missed you, too, Athena."

I leaped forward into his arms and held him tightly to me. It was a really sweet reunion until the guys ruined it.

"Aw!" Everyone sweetly killed the beautiful moment.

"Do you guys have anything better to do than to stare at us?" I asked, glaring at them.

"Actually," Gerard said. "There's something I want to show you." Before I could say anything, I was being dragged off out of Mikey's room to Gerard's room.

He closed the door behind us. His room still remained the same. He pulled me over to his full-sized bed. He knelt down to the floor and pulled out his famous sketch pad. He sat down next to me, setting the sketch pad down on his lap.

"What is it, Gerard?" I asked, staring at his face.

"I want to show you some drawings that I did while you were in Hawaii." He opened it up.

The drawings he showed me were amazing. Some were really mysterious, some were 'I can't believe you did this', and some were just plain wrong. But it was the last drawing that really caught my attention. There was a girl with long red hair, huge green eyes, and full lips wearing strapless black gown, holding a red rose in her hands. It looked like it was raining and she was crying.

Above the drawing were big black words that said: Well I felt I couldn't take another day inside this place.

I looked up at Gerard's hazel eyes curiously.

"Who said it was you in the picture?" He defended himself in a poorly manner. I could see right through him.

"Gerard, the red hair gives it away." I said, glancing down at the drawing before returning my eyes to his. "Plus, the green eyes didn't help much, either." How many girls with natural red hair and green eyes does he know, anyway?

He sighed in defeat. "Fine, you caught me. I was thinking about you one day, so I just felt like drawing you."

I smiled. "Aw, did someone miss me?"

He nodded. "Of course I missed you. Two-and-a-half months without my best friend is fucking madness."

I giggled. "But you had Frank."

He rolled his eyes. "It's not the same!" His childlike voice made me laugh even harder.

"I missed you, too." I finally said after my laughter died out. "In Hawaii, I saw a guy on the beach wearing black eyeliner and I automatically thought of you."

Gerard laughed. "I wouldn't wear eyeliner to the beach!"

"But it was the way he had it on that reminded me of you." I whispered.

He closed his sketch pad and returned it underneath his bed.

For a few hours, we hung out in Mikey's room until it was time for me to go home.

"Athena, wait up!" Gerard shouted after me as I started walking away from his house.

I turned around. "Gee, what is it?"

"We have school tomorrow." He said, looking deep into my eyes,

I groaned in irritaion. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

He shook his head. "I wish I was."

"Okay, well, I'll see you at school tomorrow." I gave him one last hug for the night.

"Goodnight," he whispered and lightly kissed my cheek before we parted ways.

Sometimes I wonder why he enjoys kissing me on the cheek...
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. School can really tire me out.
I hope this chapter is good enough...

Comment and thank you. :)