Lovely Wisdom

Lunch and a Show

Gerard and I found out that we have lunch with Frank, Mikey, Ray, and Bob. We literally rammed into them and found a table together. Mikey and Frank were talking about something completely random while Bob took a huge bite out of Ray's baloney and cheese sandwich.

"Damn it, Bob! You really need to start eating your own food." Ray grabbed his sandwich out of Bob's hands.

"But I haven't ate anything all day!" Bob whined, crossing his arms in front of his chest like an eight-year-old.

"And whose fault is that?" Ray shot back.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the dumpster this morning..." Gerard replied under his breath before stuffing his face with something that I don't even want to look at.

Ray shot Gerard a dirty look. "And where did you wake up this morning, Way? Athena's bed buck naked?"

"Hey!" I shouted in offense. "Why are you dragging me into this?" I had a feeling that Gerard was going to choke on his food after Ray had said that, but when I looked at him, he was still eating his food with no reply at all.

"Sorry, Athena," Ray chuckled before taking another bite. "But it's fun to mess with Gerard when it involves you."

My eyes flickered to Gerard--who didn't look like he gave a damn by the way he was stuffing his face--and looked back at Ray. "Well, I don't think Gee gives a shit, Toro." I stabbed my ranch-covered salad with my fork and shoved a tomato in my mouth.

"But it looks like you do..." Bob jumps in again, staring at me.

I stared into his blue eyes without changing my facial expression. "Appearances don't matter, Robert." I said his real name bitterly and stabbed a lettuce.

"I think tones do." He said, stealing Ray's sandwich, but this time it looked like he rubbed his hands all over it before he bit into it again. He gave it back to Ray.

Ray just sat there, frozen, with his sandwich his hands and he stared down at it as if it was diseased.

Bob looked at him and said, "You can eat it, you know. It's not like I haven't ate some of your food before."

I watched them as if I was watching television. Lunch and a show!

Ray gave him a death glare. "Do you seriously think I'm going to put my mouth on this after you just put your hands all over it?"

"That's what she said!" Frank shouted with his mouth full of mushed up food.

Everyone started laughing, even Ray.

"That was a good one." Gerard congratulated Frank as he raised his hand toward him. Frank smacked his hand against his in a high-five.

I giggled at this and ate some more. In the corner of my eye, I saw Deanna and her little clique walk passed us to sit underneath the huge tree. There was five of them: Gina, Randy, Sean, and one of the twins Tara.

Gina is Deanna's best friend. She has sandy brown hair that was above her shoulders, blue eyes, and she's five-foot-one. She usually wears her hair in a messy ponytail, which strangely looks good on her. She is shy and doesn't say much to me besides an occasional hello.

Randy and Sean are just confusing. Sean obviously has a thing for Deanna and Randy is her off-again-on-again fling. Randy sometimes acts like he doesn't give a shit about her as his best friend just stands awkwardly beside them and he stares at Deanna with sorrowful eyes. Deanna doesn't notice that he looks sad when she's holding hands with Randy or fighting with him. I feel kind of sorry for the guy.

I looked away from the group before any of them would notice me looking at them. Gerard got up and threw away his tray before he returned to his seat next to me.

After the extremely random lunch time with the guys, Gerard and I left for Art.

Art past by in a blur and before I knew it, we were in Gym.

Since it was the first day, all the coaches did was introduce themselves for the first five minutes of class and the rest of the period was up to us.

Gerard and I sat next to each other on the bleachers inside the gymnasium. We made fun of everyone who walked past us, just like old times. From the corner of my eye, I saw Laura, the brunette twin from English. She was sitting by herself on the far end of the bleachers, staring at all of the group of friends crowding each other on the basketball court. She looked sad, like she didn't belong.

I stared at her sadly before looking at Gerard. "Gee, there's Laura."

He gave me a confused expression. "Who?" He must have forgotten about the girls who sat in front of us in English, which was exactly two hours ago.

"Laura, the girl who sat in front of me in English today?" I reminded him.

He mouthed "oh" and nodded. "What about her?" He looked at the brown haired twin before he looked back at me.

I shrugged. "I don't know, she's all by herself." I looked back at her, feeling really bad for her. It reminded me of my first day in New Jersey, right before I met Gerard and Mikey.

Months after my mom died.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delayed update. I've been working on three stories lately.

Comment, please? It would make me happy. :)