Status: Complete.

Hurricane

No One New

November 2005

When I woke up, Pete was already up sitting next to me on the bed and writing in his notebook. Pete looked at me when I moved and smiled at me.

“Good morning,” he said.

“Morning,” I mumbled. I yawned loudly. “What time is it?”

“Around 11, I think,” he said, closing his notebook. “How do you feel?”

“Not too bad,” I said. Somehow I had managed to avoid a major hangover. “My mouth is kind of dry, but that’s about it.”

“Do you want some water?” Pete asked, holding out a bottle of water that wasn’t completely full. I sat up and took the bottle from him.

“Thanks,” I said as I unscrewed the cap before drinking more than half of what was left in the bottle. I exhaled loudly when I brought the bottle away from my mouth. “That is some good water.”

I grinned at Pete who was smiling at me.

“Just so you know, check-out is at 12,” Pete said.

“Okay,” I said. “I guess I’ll go take a quick shower before we have to leave.”

“Would you mind if I joined you?” Pete asked, smirking.

“I guess not,” I replied.

“Good,” Pete said as he got out of the bed. “Besides, we’re saving water this way.”

---

After spending the rest of the day with Pete, he dropped me off at my house before heading to his own home. I went inside and found my mother in the kitchen tidying things up a bit.

“Hey, Mom,” I said. She looked at me in slight surprise. “I just wanted to let you know that I’m home.”

“Okay,” she said, smiling at me. “How was the party?”

“It was fun,” I replied.

“Good,” she said.

“I think I’m going to take a nap,” I said, letting out a yawn. “I’m still kinda tired.”

“Okay,” my mom said. I turned to leave. “Molly?”

“Yeah,” I said, turning back around to face my mom.

“You remember Patty?” my mom asked.

“The psychiatrist?” I said. “Yeah.”

“Well, I got a call from her this morning,” she said. “She wanted to know if she could see you this Friday just to see how things are going.”

“Oh,” I said. “I guess that’s fine.”

“Okay,” my mom said. “I’ll give her a call tomorrow and let her know. Now go enjoy your nap.”

I smiled at my mom before heading to my room to take my much needed nap
♠ ♠ ♠
So I haven't updated in almost 4 months, and this chapter sucks. I apologize for both of those. I'm just kind of stuck with this story at the moment and I just need to figure out where I'm going with it. I'll hopefully have that figured out soon and I'll try not to take so long to update. :]

Anyways, comments are always appreciated!

~Sally