Status: Complete.

Hurricane

Sing Until Your Lungs Give Out

November 2005

So far, I wasn’t sure how much I liked touring. I guess I can’t really make a decision about it now seeing as it’s only the first day. But after only a few hours, I could tell this was going to a long couple of months.

I had met the rest of Panic! At the Disco, and luckily they seemed really nice. I had only seen Pete once since he left me on the bus. I hadn’t realized that he was going to be so busy but I suppose I’d just have to deal with it. It’s not like there was anything that could be done about that.

We were all currently at the first venue of the show. I had been given a quick tour of the backstage area by someone who worked there and then I had been left to just help out if someone needed help. I had successfully gotten everyone in Panic! to their first sound check.

I ran into Pete as I was going to make sure that everyone was getting ready for the show.

“Hey,” he said, giving me a hug which I gladly returned. “Sorry I haven’t been able to see much of you today. It’s just been hectic.”

“It’s fine,” I said, smiling at him.

“How do you like the Panic! guys?” he asked.

“They seem really nice,” I said.

“Yeah, they are,” Pete said, smiling at me. “So, I just wanted to see if you were going to come watch Fall Out Boy tonight. You can stand right off stage if you want.”

“I’d love to,” I said, smiling. “I’ve been really excited to hear your new music.”

“Good,” Pete said. “I’m glad to hear it.”

He leaned down and kissed me for a moment.

“Well, I’m gonna go get ready now because I want to watch Panic!’s set,” Pete said.

“Yeah, I have to make sure they’re almost ready,” I said. “See you later.”

“Okay,” he said, smiling before walking off.

---

Pete and I stood together and watched Panic! perform. I had to admit they were really good and Brendon was wonderful live. I hadn’t actually listened to their CD but I’m sure it was amazing.

When they were done, Pete kissed me quickly and went off to go finish getting ready with the rest of Fall Out Boy.

“Great job guys,” I said to the members of Panic! At The Disco guys as they walked by me.

“Thanks,” Brendon said as he walked by. He grinned at me and I smiled back, watching them head to their dressing room to change.

A little while later and Fall Out Boy were on stage. They opened with a song I was unfamiliar with, so I assumed it was something new. It was amazing.

About halfway through their set, Pete stepped up to his microphone to say something.

“This next song,” Pete said, he glanced at me and our eyes met. “This song is for anyone who’s felt down and just overwhelmed with everything in their life.”

He leaned back for a moment before moving back to his mic. He looked at me again.

“This one’s for you,” he said without looking away. The song started.

Joke me something awful just like kisses on the necks of "best friends"
We're the kids who feel like dead ends
And I want to be known for my hits, not just my misses
I took a shot and didn't even come close…


When the song ended, I cheered with the rest of the crowd. Fall Out Boy finished the rest of their set, did an encore and then they were done.

I stopped Pete as he came off stage and hugged him.

“That was such a wonderful song,” I said. “I loved it.”

“I thought you might like it,” Pete said, smiling at me. I smiled back before leaning forward to kiss him. I pulled away after a moment.

“I love you,” I said.

“I love you too,” Pete said back. He kissed me again. “We should probably go. We’re gonna have to get back on the buses soon so that we can go to the next venue.”

I nodded my head.

“I’m going to see if they need any help packing everything up,” I said.

“Okay,” Pete said. “I’ll see you in a little bit.”

I watched as Pete walked to Fall Out Boy’s dressing room. I sighed. This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Song Credit: I've Got A Dark Alley And A Bad Idea That Says You Should Shut Your Mouth (Summer Song) (obviously) by Fall Out Boy.

So I know that having the whole "band boyfriend wrote girlfriend a song" is cliche, but I just felt that it fits. So please forgive me. :]

Anyways, comments are appreciated. I'll try and have this get more interesting soon.

~Sally

Also, if anyone is interested I just started a new story (Yes, I know I shouldn't have, but I did): Ex-Friends Till The End. It's a Pete/Ryan slash. Takes place in college. Check it out if you're interested.