Status: Complete.

Hurricane

Been Looking Forward To The Future

April 2006

Brendon called me a week after I had been home, and I was glad. I was really missing him. It was lonely here at home. Pete had already gone to New York City, not that I would have hung out with him if he were home anyways.

“So, I have a question,” Brendon said after we had talked briefly about our week. “I don’t know if you’ll like this idea, but I figure it’s worth a shot.”

“Ask away,” I said.

“Well, I know you’re looking for an apartment in New York City,” he started. “And I just happened to find an apartment because I’m heading to New York as well, and I was wondering if you’d like to be my roommate.”

“Really?” I asked. I had been trying to find an apartment, but it was hard to do without actually being in the city.

“Yes,” he said. “The price isn’t that bad, and I figured we’d make good roommates. So what do you say?”

I didn’t even have to think of my answer.

“I’d love to be your roommate, Brendon,” I said. “When can I move in?”

“I’m so excited now! I’m glad you said yes,” he replied. “I’m moving into the apartment at the end of this week, on Friday, so you can move in the same day or after that. Whenever you’re ready.”

I thought of my belongings—most of the stuff that had been in my old apartment was in storage in New York City while only a few important things and my clothes had come back to Chicago with me. I knew it wouldn’t take too long for me to pack.

“I think I could be there by the Sunday after you move in,” I said. “That way you’ll have a chance to get settled in before I show up.”

“That works for me,” Brendon said and I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was extremely happy.

I couldn’t help but feel excited about this too. I’d finally get to be back on my own. It had taken over a year but I had overcome so many obstacles and had come so far that I felt confident about my life again.

“I’ll see you on Sunday, then,” I said, smiling to myself.

It was funny how things could work out so perfectly.

---

I had all my things sent to the apartment before Sunday and Brendon called me to let me know that everything had arrived all right.

I had dinner with my parents Saturday night and said goodbye to them when they dropped me off at the airport. I hoped they knew how much I appreciated everything they had done for me, even if I had not always acted like it.

I could barely sit still on the plane when it began its descent into New York City. Brendon was going to be meeting me at the airport and bringing me back to our apartment. While I was excited to see the apartment, I was also excited to see Brendon. It had been just about 2 weeks since we had seen each other and I really missed him.

Finally the plane landed and we were let off. I only had a carry-on bag and one suitcase which I picked up once I was in the airport.

And then I started looking for Brendon. It didn’t take long to spot him because as soon as he had seen me he yelled my name and hurried towards me. He pulled me in for a hug, squeezing me tightly.

“I missed you too, Brendon,” I said, laughing as he continued to hug me. “I can’t breathe though.”

He loosened his grip and leaned back a bit so he could look down at me.

“I’m so glad you’re finally here,” he said. “I’ve pretty much unpacked all of my things already. I had to keep myself busy; I was so excited for you to get here.”

“Good,” I said. “Then you can help me unpack.”

“I kind of already started unpacking some of your stuff,” he said sheepishly. I shook my head and laughed.

“You’re unbelievable,” I said. Brendon grinned at me before picking up my suitcase which I had let go of when he had hugged me.

“So, ready to go to our apartment?” Brendon asked.

“Very ready,” I said, and we started heading for the exit of the airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is almost at 50 chapters! :] This is the definitely the longest story I've ever written and I have no idea how long it will end up being cause I still have a bunch of things that I want to happen.

I'm going to start working on the next chapter now, so hopefully it shouldn't be too long of a wait till the next update.

As always, comments are appreciated! So leave your thoughts!

~Sally