Follow Me to the Woods

Airport

I unbuckled my seatbelt and waited till the stuardess got up and opened the airplane door. I stepped into the aisle and got my backpack and laptop case out of the overhead compartment. I checked my seat for anything I might have left and when all i saw was a butt print and a pillow I walked out waving politely back to the flight attendents thanking me for flying on the airlines. Code for thanks for my pay-check.

I walked through the hallway and into the waiting area. I looked around and saw my welcome comittee. Cherry. She is so beautiful. Her eyes locked mine and I had only a split second to put my stuff down and catch my baby girl in my arms. She was so sweet. Her favorite scent. Lavender. It still drives me crazy. She leaned back and hopped down and was on her tiptoes to give me a kiss. Her eyes. Brown. Not light. Not dark. Just a basic brown. But, the way she could use them to her advantage should be a crime. Or a sin or something. Her smile was a blade. She made the dentist make her teeth sharp so she could have natural fangs. So much authority in a 5ft 3' girl.

"Welcome home." She sung. Literally she did sing. I am not exagerrating that. She sang Welcom home. I clapped and hugged her again.

"So where is everybody else sweetness?" I call her that sometimes she loves it when I do. And makes me when I don't.

"They are at my house with streamers, cake, music,... cake, graduation presents,..... cake and did I mention cookies?" I rolled my eyes and we walked to the luggage carousel. She grabbed my bag for me. How she knew what it looked like and where to find it before me, I don't know, and even after all this time I know not to ask. Just smile say thanks and give her a kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have no clue where I am going with this. It hit me in the back of the head while I was listening to Teach Me by Musiq Soulchild. I am quickly plotting revising and editing. So if you have read this before chapter 2. Be patient.
Thanks for reading.
~It takes skill to trip on flat surfaces.~