Could Tell a Love

Could Tell A Love Ch. 2

The stress I was feeling put tension on the rest of the band as we arrived one by one to the studio. They knew something was wrong, Eric more so than anyone else. He kept shooting me worried looks, and I kept telling him I was fine. I could tell he didn't believe me. I didn't wanna talk about it in front of the rest of the guys. I didn't wanna have to confess that I was going out with Miranda and Eric while having everyone else figure out that Eric and I were actually together. Everyone just thinks that we're really good friends.
I sat down on the amp behind me and hid my face. I felt it getting really red with frustration.
"What's goin' on, Beau?" Matt asked, bending down two inches from my face. A smile played with his lips and humor danced in his eyes. He was always so happy.
I sighed. "It's nothing, I just didn't get enough sleep last night. I can't focus."
"Maybe we should postpone practice til tomorrow. I think we all need a relaxing day after working 12 days straight." Jared said, putting his bass away.
Everyone agreed, and I couldn't have been happier. I pulled Eric aside while Matt and Jared started wrestling.
"Come over today. I need to talk to you." I said quietly, sounding slightly helpless, giving him puppy eyes.
Concern covered his face. "Yeah, no problem." He kissed me lightly before going back to the rest of the guys. I blushed slightly and followed shortly after the blush was gone. My phone vibrated in my pocket. I flipped it open. A text from Miranda.
Hey, come over after practice. I miss u. luv u boo <3
I smiled and answered.
Hey we're not gonna be done for a while. I'll be over there at 4. luv u too.
I shut my phone and threw my arm around Eric's shoulders. "Ready to go?" I asked.
"But this is getting really intense. Five more minutes?" He pouted. How could I resist that face. I nodded and watched as those two were throwing each other around. Once they both landed on their backs, breathing heavily, Mike and I helped Jared and Matt off the ground as we closed up the studio for the day.
"I'll follow you to your house." Eric whispered in my ear.
"Alright, see you there." I smirked at him as I got into by beater and started it, driving off in the direction of my house.
I drove in a daze, dreading the sight of my house. I really didn't wanna tell him. Not now. I wasn't ready. I don't think I ever will be ready. I passed the border into my village and started shaking. I worked to keep the steering wheel straight as I turned onto my street. I feel more nervous now than I do standing in front of a crowd of 100,000 people. Then again, I don't tell my love life to said crowd. I turned into my driveway, Eric pulling in next to me. I pulled the key out of the ignition and sat there until I saw Eric getting out of his car. These are the last moments I have of the perfect relationship before I screw it all up. I opened the door and got out, meeting Eric halfway. Our lips met more passionately than they did at the studio.
I fought back the sudden tears filling my eyes. How can I afford to lose this? I didn't let Eric see my despair as we walked into the house. We both sat on the couch. Eric held my hand. He knew something was wrong. He never treated me so sensitively unless I was feeling down.
"Beau. What's the matter. And don't tell me you're fine. I know you're not. I know you better than that."
I sighed. Doubt filled my mind to the brim. I thought my head was going to explode in the anxiety I was feeling. I wanted to tell him, I really did, but I don't know if I can bring myself to do it.
"I don't know if you want to know this, but I think it's for the best. But before I tell you, just know that I will always love you." Pain staked at my heart. I did love him.
"I love you too,Beau. What is this about?" He asked, confused.
"Um, so there's this girl...her names Miranda-"
Eric squeezed my hand suddenly.
"What?" I asked him.
"Oh, nothing, just go on." He said, looking at me sincerely.
"Okay..well, Miranda, she really likes me. And I...like her too."
Twenty pounds was lifted off my chest, but now it sat on my shoulders as Eric soaked it all in.
"Are you saying that you wanna be with her and not me?" He asked. I heard the hurt feelings he was suppressing in his voice as he spoke.
"No! Not at all. I want to be with you more than anything, I really do. I was going to break up with Miranda tonight." The plan was making itself up as I went along. I never planned on breaking up with Miranda, but I will for him.
We sat in a heavy silence until Eric hugged me.
I laughed a little, hugging him back."What is this for?"
"Thank you for telling me about this. I really appreciate it."
"You're not mad at me?" I asked, kind of shocked.
"No, you were being honest. I can't be mad with honesty." He let go of me and our lips met again. This time it felt like more than just a kiss. After getting all that weight lifted from my chest and my mind I realized how much I really wanted to be with him, how much I longed for him. I felt his hand slide underneath my shirt, wanting it off. We parted so he could slide it off and I slid his off as well. We came together again and before we could get any further Eric and I stopped dead in our tracks as Miranda came storming through the door.