Could Tell a Love

Could Tell A Love Ch. 3

We froze, our arms still around each other, just gawking at who came through the door.
"Eric? Beau?" She said, not believing that she was seeing.
"Miranda, I can explain-" Eric and I said in unison, getting off the couch. Now I didn't know what to say. "Why are you explaining?"
He sighed. "I was with her, too."
"So this is what this note is all about?! You didn't really crash at the studio last night, did you? You crashed at his place, if you call fucking each other crashing." She said acidically, throwing my note to the ground.
"Why didn't you tell me when I told you?" I asked Eric, ignoring Miranda.
"You had enough on your mind, you didn't need any more." He said quietly, guiltily.
"I could've handled it." I said, getting my shirt back on. "And what were you doing at his place without him there?" I asked, directing my attention to Miranda, even though I really needed to talk to Eric about all this. Was he ever planning on telling me about her?
I turned my attention back to Miranda, who was staring at the floor. She obviously had no reason for her actions.
Eric sighed, sitting on the couch. "Lets just talk this through, alright?"
Miranda and I nodded and sat on the couch.
"So, obviously, we're in a huge love triangle. Now, in order to fix it, someone's heart is going to be broken. Hell, we might all be hurting by the end of this thing." He paused. I looked straight into his eyes. He looked right back, looking completely serious.
"So Beau? Who are you gonna choose? Who do you love more?" Miranda asked, still seeming angry.
My mind drew a blank. I wanted to say Eric, but she was still someone, the relationship was still something. I looked into each of their eyes, each filled with anxiety.
This was the moment. I hugged Eric and said nothing. I heard a slight gasp from Miranda. I let go of Eric and smiled. I looked at Miranda and gave her my most apologetic face. Tears fell down her cheeks as she looked at Eric. "Well?" she asked, voice weak and wet with tears.
He looked at the floor. "I'm sorry, Miranda."
She shot up off the couch and left. After the door slammed I let tears escape my eyes. I feel like such a terrible person for what I just did. Eric hugged me, comforting me, soothing me.
"You did the right thing. And I think I did, too. If we would've split, I would've been heartbroken."
I looked up at him and smiled at his sweetness. I leaned away from him, wiping my tears and feeling myself blush in embarrassment.
"I'm sorry for breaking down like that. I don't know what came over me. I guess I was just so nervous that you would leave me, too." Once my composure was back together, I had the mind to ask him more specifically why he didn't tell me.
"Were you ever gonna tell me about Miranda?" I asked quietly.
He looked at me, his eyes a little more sorrowful than before.
"I didn't know how you'd react after you told me about her." He said in a small voice.
"I didn't know you you'd react, either, but I took that chance. If you would've just told me when I told you-"
I heard him sniffle. I looked at him, concerned. "Why are you crying? Please don't." I pleaded, feeling even more terrible than I already did.
"Are you mad at me?" He asked, almost whispering.
I sighed and scooted closer, resting my hand on his leg. Looking at the floor, I answered, "I'm not the happiest person with you right now, but we can get through this, trust me." I wasn't about to lie and say everything was fine and dandy when in reality it really wasn't.
"Promise me you won't see her anymore." He said, sounding like his tears had dried.
I looked at him like he was insane. "Do you really think I would?"
He smiled and laughed to himself. "No, I guess not."
I smiled back, looking into his eyes. His eyes were the same color as Miranda's, his hair almost the same shade of that red.
I stopped thinking about her immediately, not knowing what was coming over me. I obviously didn't love her, because I chose Eric over her. Maybe my feelings for her were still there, it has only been less than an hour.
In refocused on Eric, looking exceptionally cute at the moment, and smiled. I leaned in and our lips met. We barely had time to breathe before we were back to where we left off.
I parted from Eric, both of us sweaty, on top of each other,only in our boxers. "Wanna go in the bedroom?" I asked, breathing heavily.
Eric, also breathing heavily, nodded. I kissed him once more before we made our way to my bedroom. The same room where we both gave ourselves to each other for the first time.
Before the climax, we parted once again.
"You're so amazing." I said, brushing Eric's hair our of his face.
He smiled as we met again.
I didn't know how there could've been anyone else in my life but him. He was perfect. In every way imaginable.
I heard something ringing out in the living room. I was going to ignore it until Eric stopped and looked at me. "That's for you."
"Do I have to? We're in the middle of making up." I asked, biting on his bottom lip and sucking on it.
He laughed and looked at me in that sexy, seductive way he always did. "Alright, I guess not." He wrapped his arms around me and the rest was just a pleasurable, sweaty, sexy, amazing blur. There was nothing else in the world but Eric and I, in this bed.
I was lying next to him what seemed like hours later, our sweaty bodies breathing heavily. We stared into each others eyes and smiled. Our lips met in what seemed like a small sign of affection compared to what just happened.
I heard my phone ringing again. I rolled my eyes. "I guess I should go get that." I unwillingly got out of bed and stole a pair of Eric's pajama pants. They were a little short on me but they worked for the time being. I got my phone out of my pants pocket and was shocked how many times Miranda tried calling me. While I was counting, she called again. I opened it and answered. "Hello?"
I heard her sniffling and sobbing. "I need you, Beau. I miss you." She sounded really desperate.
"I can't do that, Miranda. I'm sorry." I was about to hang up but she started saying something.
"You did it with Eric before he knew, and you did it to me. What makes this time so much different?"
I didn't answer. She knew the answer. There was no difference, I knew that as did she.
"I will get you back, Beau. You're mine, not Eric's." She said coldly, then the other line went silent. I flipped my phone shut and didn't know what to think of that.
I felt a pair of arms hug my waist from behind. "Who was that?"
"Miranda, she wants me back already. I told her no, of course, but then she threatened our relationship." I looked at him with worried eyes. "I don't know whether to take that seriously or not, because when she says stuff like that, she means it."
"Don't worry about it, she'll get over it." Eric said, going over to the fridge to get something to eat.