Could Tell a Love

Could Tell A Love Ch. 4

Two months passed and I got not calls from her. A new problem did arise, though.
"How or when are we exactly gonna tell everyone about us?I mean, it's been six months. I think they deserve to know." Eric, said playing with my hair.
"I know." I said, flipping through the channels absentmindedly.
"So when are we gonna tell them?"
I felt my hair fall from his fingers and his eyes stare into the back of my head, waiting for an answer.
I sighed, dropping the remote on the floor. I looked up at him and shrugged. "I don't mind when we tell them. How about tomorrow? It's our 6-month. It can be a special day for multiple reasons then." I smiled a crooked smile at him and he nodded.
"That's a good idea."
My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I took it out and it was Miranda. I froze. I didn't want to answer it, but if I didn't she'd keep calling. I reluctantly flipped it open. "Hello?"
"Hey Beau! How are you?" She seemed a lot happier than she was two months ago.
"Fine...why are you calling?" I asked, really confused.
"Beau, I'm really sorry about the way I reacted when you told me that you were with Eric. It was so stupid of me. I was just wondering if we could still be friends." She said, laughing at herself.
I paused, thinking this whole thing through. "Wait wait wait. I'm not falling for that. You're just saying that to get back with me. Don't even try it."
She laughed again and sighed. "Beau, I have a new boyfriend. Don't worry about it. I just wanna come down and hang out with you while you're recording. Is that alright? I'm bringing a friend."
I sighed. "Hold on." I put the speaker down on my leg. "It's Miranda. She wants to come and hang out with us. Is that okay?" I asked Eric.
He shrugged. "If you want."
I put the phone back up to my ear. "Sure. Come on over. When are you gonna come?"
"When do you guys record next?" She asked.
"Tomorrow, sometime in the early afternoon."
"How about we come and crash at your place tonight? We could catch up with each other." She offered.
"Sure, why not. So when are you planning on heading out?"
"How about now." She decided.
"Alright, see you soon then."
"Yup, bye."
I flipped my phone down. "She's gonna be spending the night, and she's bringing a friend."
"Aww, and I was planning something special tonight." Eric said, sounding discouraged.
"You could do it tomorrow, it would mean more." I said, stroking the inside of his leg. He squirmed away from me. "Stop it, that tickles!" He attacked me in the sides, which were my weak spots. I let out a scream and rolled on the floor, away from the couch. Eric followed me onto the floor and pinned my arms onto the ground. He straddled my waist, an inch away from my face, smiling.
The doorbell interrupted our fun. Eric sighed and put his head on my chest. He rolled off me and got up, getting the door. I got off the floor, making myself presentable. I knew who it was after I heard her scream and hug Eric. She opened her eyes and looked over Eric's shoulder and saw me. Her eyes got wide as she parted from Eric and started squeezing me. I hugged her back, remembering how much I missed her hugs.
"I missed you." She whispered in my ear.
I paused for a second. "I missed you too." I didn't want to admit it, but I did. I missed having contact with her, talking with her. Hell, I missed female contact in general. I needed a change of scenery.
"Oh! This is Sarah, my roommate. Sarah, this is Eric, and this is Beau." Miranda introduced us to her roommate.
"Hey." I said.
"Nice to meet you." Eric said.
"You too." She said, giggling profusely.
I stepped over to Eric and whispered in his ear, "Do you think she likes us?"
"Ha ha, no, not at all." He said sarcastically.
"So what have you guys been up to?" Miranda asked, sitting next to me on the couch after everyone was introduced and equipped with drinks.
"Busy with the new record. It's coming along really good. What about you? What have you been doing to keep yourself busy?" Eric asked.
"Nothing really. Just hanging around with Sarah and John-my boyfriend-and going to classes." Miranda said.
There was a slight lull in the conversation. I looked at Eric and grabbed his hand out of reflex. Our fingers laced together. Miranda caught this out of the corner of her eye. "So how long has it been since you two were together?" She asked, thinking nothing of it, at least that's what it sounded like.
"6 months tomorrow." I said, smiling.
"Aww! That's so sweet! My girlfriend Kalie and I are working on 2 years." Sarah said, flashing us a huge smile.
"Good for you guys." I said, smiling at her.
That sent her into another fit of giggles.
Another two hours passed and we were all getting hungry.
"What do you guys want? I'll cook." I said, getting off the couch, stretching.
"Oh, I'll help. Two creative minds are better than one." Miranda said, also getting up.
"Whatever you can find is good with me. What about you, Sarah?" Eric asked.
"I'll have whatever you guys are having." She said.
I sighed. "I guess we'll need our creativity more than I thought."
Miranda laughed and pulled me into the kitchen.
Once we were alone, awkward feelings began to settle in the pit of my stomach. Something about this just didn't feel right. I had my back turned toward Miranda, looking in the fridge for ideas. I knew she was standing behind me, I could tell.
"Miranda, please don't do this. Not again. I don't wanna be mixed up in the same shit I was in two months ago."
I heard nothing in response. In confusion, I closed the fridge and looked behind me. Just as I expected, her lips met mine and her fingers entwined in my hair. I wanted to resist, I really did, but I couldn't. My feelings for her were still strong, strong enough to physically disable me from parting from her. When we did part, she had a big smile on her face. "I knew you would come back to me."
I walked away from her and sat down on one of the kitchen chairs. "I'm not coming back to you."
"Then what was that?" She asked, sounding slightly offended.
"Lack of self control." I said flatly.
"You're really pissing me off, you know that?" She said, sounding angrier.
"Yeah, I know. Maybe if you would stop pulling all this shit you would be a happier person. Less letdowns, less break ups, less lying." I said bitterly, staring at her from the corner of my eye.
"UGH!" She punched the counter. "Why did you choose him over me, huh? What makes him so great? He cheated on you just like I did, so how am I any different than he is?"
Before I could answer, she continued. "He was never gonna tell you about us. What we had. Even after you broke it off with me. He just thought it would be all the easier to get with me and you." She started going into hysterics. "Hell, he probably has multiple boyfriends and girlfriends all over the place that we don't know about. He's a fucking man whore."
"He loves me." I said, extremely offended.
"Yeah, and he loves about 20 other people too, sweetie." She said with fake concern flooding her tone.
I sighed and looked at the floor. "How do you know all this? How do I know you're not making any of this shit up?"
"Check through his phone tonight. Then you'll believe me." Miranda stormed out of the kitchen and I heard her return to her old self as she entered the living room. I heard her announce that we're eating out. Good. Less work or me to do, more time for me to search Eric's phone.
I snuck out of the kitchen and into our bedroom where he always left his phone. I opened it up and it said that he had 3 new texts. I checked them. They were all from 3 different people, saying stuff like "meet me here" and "see you tonight". Tears of anger and disbelief welled up in my eyes. This couldn't be happening. I needed to ask him about this.
No, I couldn't. That would be telling him that I was looking through his text messages, invading his personal space. I flipped his phone down and just sat on the bed, a single tear escaping my eye. I looked up and saw Miranda in the doorway. "Told you so?" She asked, her voice softer and kinder than in the kitchen.
"Why wouldn't he just tell me?" I asked softly, letting Miranda wrap her arm around my shoulder.
"Because he didn't want to hurt you. But that's what he tells everyone." She said.
"Is that why you were with me? You knew what he was doing?"
She nodded. "You need to leave him before he hurts you even more."
"How could he hurt me anymore? He's cheating on me with god knows how many other people." I sighed. "And besides, I still love him, I couldn't leave him. Tomorrow's our 6 month. It's a big day for us."
"God damn it, Beau. You don't understand, do you? Sure, it's your guys' 6 month, happy day. But think about. It's probably 5 or 6 other peoples' 6 month with him too. Then it's a not so happy day."
I hated when she was right.
"So what can I do? I'm stuck in the middle. I want to stay with him, but I know I shouldn't."
"Let him catch us doing something." Miranda said, twirling her finger in my already mess of hair. "That's the easiest and fastest way."
"I don't know-" I said, really unsure.
"Do you want an honest relationship or not?" She asked, sounding annoyed.
"What, with you? There's nothing honest about a relationship with you. You have that John-"
"There is no John. I used that to get here. Just please trust me on this. It's for the better." She pleaded.
"So you're single. Absolutely no one else is in your life...or your pants?"
She nodded. "I swear."
I sighed and looked at the floor. I feel like a piece of scum doing this, but it's for the best. "Alright, I'll do it."