She Loves Me, He Hates Me

Emmy's Diary

August 16, 2009 10:15 pm

School was interesting today to say the least. Of course I didn’t get any sleep last night and so I woke up late for school. Not only that, but I was so late to school because freaking Howie wouldn’t start up today. I must admit that it was my fault because I left his lights on last night. Tehe!

I have Donnelly first hour for English. I didn’t pay much attention to her, but she seems to be an okay teacher. I guess I’ll find out later on in the year. Jackie is in there and she’s about the only person I really talk to any way. This weird kid in my class, I think his name is Zach; he kept looking at me today. I felt like I was walking around school in my underwear or something. He’s okay in the face, but I hear that his mind is mush when it comes to girls. I heard a rumor about him nailing some college girl over the summer. I don’t believe it. I think he’s just a perv. Zach is Johnny Peterson’s best friend who is also in Donnelly’s class. It’s kind of funny what happened today. I ran into him today in the hallway, most literally to put it correctly. I don’t know what’s wrong with me, but he really has changed a lot, physically I mean. Okay, I know people are going to change from fifth grade to junior year, but I don’t know. I think he’s gotten hotter or something. Bob look at me! I need to stop thinking about him.

Any way, moving on, in my second hour class I sit next to Abby. Goddard is so boring, I don’t want to be awake in that class, but I am for Abby’s sake. She gave me her overly decorated invite for her school party again. I love her parties; they always turn out so good no matter how crappy I feel when I go. By the time it’s over, I always want more.

I have pre-cal this year with Mr. Fredrickson and he’s a riot. I don’t think I’ll learn anything in that class because he gets off track so much its ridiculous. I’m so happy that I have first lunch with Abby, Tara, Eric, Aaron, and Sarah. I would hate to have a lunch all by myself, but I’ve never had to experience any of that through my years of high school, thank Bob. I would totally love to eat brains then be alone at lunch. I’d feel so awkward. Since no one trust the cafeteria food, everyone brings lunch except for are friendly neighborhood Asian Aaron. I don’t understand why he suffers through lunch with macaroni and cheese mixed with shrimp. Come on! What kind of combination is that? We always sit on the wall of the administration building in the shade, while watching others baking in the sun in the court yard. Abby and I traded our goldfish and froot by the foot. Of course I get the goldfish because they make me smile and Abby would rather snarf junk then eat her whole grain goldfish.

After lunch, I go over to the 200’s for Mrs. Pennington’s U.S. History class. I love her already and I enjoy the art work on her walls of yoga poses and mosaic lions snarling on the walls. She’s really into political cartoons and analyzing their meanings. I have a feeling she’s going to be my favorite this year. After her, I go over Mr. Sparrow’s class for creative writing. I’m kind of excited for our end of the year assignment which is to write a thirty page fiction novel. I’m already thinking of ideas and I really hope that I can improve my writing before then. A journal is a perfect practice solution, or at least I think so.

My last class is being a student aide in the office because they couldn’t find a class to fill my last part of the day. So I sit in the office where all the counselors are and fill in appointments for them. Since today was my first day and the first day of school, it was packed today in the office. I was going insane with paper work. Dates and times were coming out of my nose! Hopefully tomorrow will be different and no one comes in for an appointment. Wishful thinking never got me any where any way. It’s late and I better go to bed. Tomorrow I might get actual homework. Good night.