Untold Truths: A Girl's Story of Hell

Chance

A faint whisper caressed my ears as I lay in my bed. It was unfamiliar but it soothed me. It whispered of things I had long forgotten. I sometimes thought it was just a dream but tonight it was different. It told me of love, a love that once held me so dear and so close that not even the Master's love could compare. It made me feel warm and reminded me that maybe I had forgotten more then I had realized. I looked at the scar on my arm that I had when I arrived here. It was shaped like a tear drop and it was always hot to the touch. I wondered time and time again how I got here but nothing would come to mind. It was as if I had not lived until I reached those hot metal gates.

I slipped out of my bed and slid on my white cotton dress. I never wore shoes even though the ground burns my feet. I gently untied my leash from my collar and went outside. Often I thought of running away but before but never had the chance. I stood at the edge of the gates. This was my big chance to run away. I would be alright without Master....right?

I looked back at the only home I had ever known then back at the large gates. I slowly opened the gates and winced as i felt the flames lick at my legs before I finally ran through the gates and was swallowed by a blinding white light.

Pain shot through my body quick as lightning and then....nothing.

I was....numb