Could Tell a Love 2

Could Tell A Love 2 Ch. 13

His apartment wasn’t very far from the park. It was really nice, too. Small, but cozy.

"Take off your shoes at the door, I don’t like tracks." He said, slipping off his shoes. I followed suit and walked around the kitchen. I naturally looked in his fridge. I closed it when I realized what I was doing. He was looking at me with one eyebrow up. I blushed. "Sorry, habit."

"Don’t worry about it. Do you want something to eat?" He asked.

"No, I’m fine." I walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. It was so clean.

"If I didn’t know any better, I’d say a chick lived here."

"I just don’t like mess. It bugs me." Daniel said, coming into the living room carrying a Sprite.

"Well, it’s really nice." I said.

I felt his arms wrap around my waist. "You haven’t seen the best room in the place yet."

I smiled. "I wonder where that could be."

He started laughing. "It’s not my bedroom. Come on." He grabbed my hand and led me down a maze of short hallways until we get to a closed door at the end of one of the hallways.

He sighed. "Now don’t laugh, no matter how bad you think it is." He twisted the knob and it was an empty room, but the walls were painted with loads of things.

"Oh my god, this is so cool!" I walked in and looked at all the walls, examining all the pictures in detail. There was something from every mood and every style. There were bleeding hearts, beautiful flowers, graffiti, caricatures, lyrics, poems, excerpts from books, everything. "I never knew you were into art!"

"That’s my major right now." He said, stroking a certain part of the wall. "Frankenstein is my favorite classic. I love the way it’s written."

I looked closely at the part of the wall he pointed out, the quotes painted in a way that looks like he scratched them into the wall:

I, like the arch fiend, bore a hell within me

And the next one was so intricate that it must’ve taken forever to finish.

Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay
To mould me Man, did I solicit thee
From darkness to promote me?

I looked in awe at the rest of the quotes that went over half of the wall. "This is amazing." I whispered.

"It’s nothing, really. It’s just what I do when I get bored." Daniel said, blushing.

"I could spend a whole day in here looking at all the drawings and paintings, there are so many." I looked at the ceiling, which was surprisingly white. "Are you gonna do the same to the ceiling?"

"I’m kinda at an artist’s block right now. I can’t think of anything to put on it."

"Oh, I know how you feel." I looked at Daniel again. "I could help you, and maybe even contribute to this masterpiece, even though my artistic skills aren’t the best." I offered.

"You’d be willing to do that?" He asked, getting excited.

"Of course! This room is too awesome to leave a wall blank, even if it is just the ceiling."

"Awesome! I’ll go grab the paint and brushes, and you might wanna change your clothes, you’re gonna get messy."

"Well, I don’t have any extras here, exactly." I pointed out.

"You can borrow a shirt from me, or you could go shirtless. As for pants.."

"I’m pretty sure I won’t fit in your pants. You’re like a stick. And I guess I can borrow one of your shirts."

"Okay, my room’s right next to this one, second drawer in my dresser." Daniel said, walking down the halls. I went to his room and opened the door. It was pitch black. I turned on the light and it wasn’t much different; the walls were pure black with pink splatter paint. Everything else was pitch black. I found the dresser and opened the second drawer, seeing a bunch of paint covered, ripped shirts. I pulled out the one that looked the least damaged and put it on. It was a perfect fit: not too baggy, not too tight. There were a few small rips here and there, but nothing major. I grabbed my shirt and sweatshirt off the floor and found some hooks next to his back door. I found my way back to the room and Daniel was mixing up a bunch of colors. There had to be last least 15 cans of paint there.

"Ready to get creative?" I asked, examining his huge collection of brushes.

"Hold on, lemme mix these two real quick and change." Daniel said, stirring lime green and electric blue vigorously.

"Here, I’ll mix, you go change." I bent down and took his hands, stopping his stirring motion. He looked at me and smiled. Our lips met again quickly before he got up and left to change. Before I started mixing, I took off my socks, throwing them outside the door. I took the paint sticks and started mixing the paint, trying to mimic Daniel’s stirring action.

"Alright, that should be good." He said. I got up and he gave me a towel. "You’re gonna need this."

"Thanks." I smiled. "So, where do we start?"

"I usually like drawing in charcoal before I paint, so if I mess up I can just cover it up or smudge it away."

"You have any charcoal?" I asked.

"Pfff, what good art student doesn’t have charcoal? It’s in that bucket over there." He pointed to the blackened bucket in the corner, next to two small step ladders.

"Alright, lets get this started." I said, going over to the bucket and grabbing two pieces of charcoal, handing one to Daniel, and grabbing a step ladder, putting it at the far end of the room in the corner. "So, do we wanna do like, a scene of some sort...?" I asked.

"That’s problem number one. Don’t ask questions. Just go with what you feel. Who cares if it has nothing to do with what I’m drawing. Just draw." He said, dragging the charcoal lightly across the ceiling, already having an idea in mind.

I turned to my corner and let my hand free. It started forming a sunrise covered by a misty fog, and that was just the start. The fog started swirling in intricate patterns. I faded out the fog when I realized I took up a full forth of his ceiling.

"Wow, that’s really good." Daniel said.

I looked down at him and smiled, getting down. "Thanks." I looked over to where he had been drawing and my sunset looked like kindergarten stuff. He drew a tree, but the details were so intense and vibrant it looked unreal. All the knots and crevices were drawn to perfection. He laughed a little. "I guess our drawings do have something to do with each other."

"Mine looks like crap compared to yours." I said, wiping my hands on my towel, turning it black almost immediately.

"Well you haven’t been in art school for almost two years. For not being in art school, that’s pretty damn good. But, of course, it’ll look a lot better once it’s painted."

"I think you can do that. I don’t wanna mess anything up."

"Problem number two. Art never has mistakes, it has imperfections, and imperfections add character. All art has imperfections, which means that all art has character, because no art is perfect." Daniel said, handing me a brush.

"Geez, you sound like a teacher." I said, smirking, grabbing the brush. I grabbed the handle of the orange paint and carried it to my ladder. I dipped the brush in the paint and began to bring my drawing to life. Once I wanted to start fading into the yellow I started getting confused. I didn’t know if I should just mix the paint together or use one of the many sponges he had in his pile of brushes.

"Hey, Daniel, I need your artistic genius." I said.

"Sure, hold on." He said. I looked back and the tree was already starting to come to life, even though he’d only traced the cracks and knots. "What do you need?"

"Well, I don’t know if I should sponge the transition between orange and yellow or blend it."

"Hmm." He said, stroking his chin in concentration. He picked up a sponge and the yellow paint. He climbed on the ladder with me and got right up against me. "Alright, lets see if this works." He dipped the end of the sponge in yellow and started dabbing at it. He stopped halfway through to look at how it turned out. "What do you think?"

"I think it looks awesome, but that’s just me." I said.

"I’m likin’ it, too. You wanna do it?" He asked, offering me the sponge.

"Sure." I grabbed the sponge and started dabbing at it like Daniel was doing.

"No, no, you’re doing it too hard. Here," He grabbed my hand and held onto my waist with the other. He started directing my hand and dabbing it softly against the ceiling. I looked back at him. He smiled. "Got it?"

I smirked. "I don’t know. I think you might need to give me a few more examples."

He laughed. "At this rate, we’re not gonna get anything done."

I turned and kissed him. "And I think that’s okay." I dabbed a little yellow paint on his nose.

He stared at me in shock, then suddenly streaked my cheek with the black brush he was using to outline his tree. He smirked. "I told you that you were gonna get dirty."

I dunked my finger in the orange and flicked it at his face, careful to not aim for his glasses.

He tried to give me a death stare, but it didn’t work. He just turned and started on his tree again. I watched by back, getting paranoid that Daniel might splatter me hardcore with paint.

My phone started ringing in my pocket as I was finishing up the sun. I grabbed it out of my pocket and answered it. "Hey Jared."

"Where are you?" He asked, sounding worried.

I sighed. "I caught up with Daniel on my way home and we’re at his place now. We’re in his spare room painting. If you don’t believe me, you can come down and see for yourself."

He didn’t say anything for a while, then answered, "I believe you. Just come home soon, okay? I miss you."

I grimaced, feeling horrible. "I miss you, too. I’ll be home soon, alright? I just need to get cleaned up."

"Alright. Love you, Beau."

"Love you, too, Jared." I hung up and put my phone back in my pocket. "I guess I should be heading home." I got off the ladder and started cleaning off my brushes and the sponge.

"Need a ride?" Daniel asked, also getting down.

I looked outside and it was still raining. "Yeah, if you could."

"Sure, no problem. It just sucks that you can’t finish." He said, sliding his arms around my waist again, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"I know. I’ll be back, though. That will not go unfinished, unless you wanna finish it."

"Nope, I don’t finish projects that aren’t mine. This one’s all yours."

"Alright, I guess I can handle that, but I really should be getting out of here. Lemme just change and wash my face and we can get out of here."

"Sounds good." Daniel said, sneaking a kiss before letting me go. I blushed and took off my shirt, setting it by the doorway. I heard Daniel wolf whistle at me. I looked at him, getting even redder, and walked to the back door to retrieve my semi-damp shirt and sweatshirt. I slipped them on, shivering as the dampness was extremely cold against my skin. I went back by the room and grabbed my socks. I peeked in and saw that Daniel was shirtless, too. I kept myself quiet as I slipped on my socks. "Almost ready to go?"

"Yeah hold on just one second.." He was finishing up the outline for the tree. "It bugs me when I leave something unfinished like that." He wiped his hands and put on the shirt he had on at the park. "Lets go."

We walked out of the house and ended up running to his car.

"The rain got heavier since we walked here, huh?" Daniel asked, starting the car, water dripping from his nose.

"Just a little." I said, laughing, having a feeling that my sweatshirt would never dry. "What kind of music you have in here?"

"Bunch of different stuff. There’s CDs in there and in the visor."

I started looking through them. "Your collection is bitchin’." I pulled out the first Bring Me the Horizon CD and stuck it in. Not even a minute into Pray For Plagues, Daniel pulled into my driveway. He turned off the car and the only sound between us was the rain hitting the car. We looked into each other’s eyes, and I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to go.

"You should probably go, before Jared has an anxiety attack." Daniel said, patting my leg.

"Yeah. So I’ll talk to you later?" I asked, putting my hood up.

He kissed me on the cheek. "Definitely."

I smiled. "See ya." I opened the door and ran into the house. I put down my hood and shook my head, flinging water everywhere. "Jared?"

He came out of the kitchen and hugged me tightly.

I smiled and put my face in between his shoulder and neck. We stood there, just enjoying each other’s company.

"I’m sorry for yelling at you." Jared apologized.

"I’m sorry for running off. It was immature and selfish."

"I started it by being overprotective and...jealous. Don’t be sorry."

I leaned away from him. "Jealous?"

"I keep thinking that Daniel’s trying to steal you from me."

I laughed. "He’s not. And if he is, I’m not gonna let him. I honestly thought about it this afternoon, but..." I paused, kissing him. "That’s just not gonna happen."

He smiled. "You should get those clothes off before you get sick."

I smirked. "Oh?"

He obviously wasn’t thinking what I was thinking, because slight surprise came over his face, followed by smugness. "Mhm." He said, slowly unzippering my sweatshirt, letting it fall to the floor.

"Well, your clothes must be damp, too, since you were hugging me so tightly." I said, slipping off his shirt.

He laughed. "You know you don’t need a lame excuse to make me take my clothes off with you."

I pulled him into a fierce kiss once Jared had my shirt off. My hands were tangled in his hair. Jared pulled away for a second. "Bedroom?"

"Lets go." I said, following him into my room, where he landed on top of me. We both managed to get our pants off.

I heard Jared’s phone ring. I pulled away from him. "Are you gonna—"

He kissed me like I didn’t just interrupt. That thought slipped my mind immediately. His tongue moved around my mouth like he owned it, and I let him. Then, he suddenly flipped me over, and before I knew it he was moving inside me, and it was unbelievable. This moment made me forget that this afternoon ever happened, that Jared and I could’ve been finished, again. The incredible feeling ended too quickly it seemed, but I had the feeling of completeness within me. Jared completed me, and I completed him. No one else could give me this feeling. We laid, facing each other, sweaty, breathing heavily, smiling. Our lips met again softly, my hands grabbing his neck. Our foreheads touched, our breaths colliding.

"I love you so much." I said, our lips brushing lightly. Jared scooted closer and wrapped his arms around me. I followed by wrapping my arms around him, closing my eyes.