Could Tell a Love 2

Could Tell A Love 2 Ch. 5

I don’t know how it happened, but I ended up halfway off the bed with my bottom half laying on Jared. I’m surprised he was still sound asleep when I fell onto the floor with a big thud.

"Ow." I whispered to myself, rubbing my head where it hit the ground.

"Morning, Beau." Miranda said, passing by our room. She backtracked slightly when she saw me, and laughed. "Nice. Did he kick you off last night or something?"

"It would appear so." Jared said from above me, leaning over the edge giving me a quick morning kiss. "Morning."

I smiled. "Morning, Jared."

"There’s breakfast downstairs if you guys are hungry." Miranda said, continuing down the hall, most likely to the bathroom.

"Kay, thanks Miranda." Jared called out. He looked back to me and slid off the bed, sitting next to me. "How are you feeling?"

"Amazing, actually. That was the best night of sleep I’ve had in two months." I smiled. "What about you?"

"Same." He said, kissing me again. "Hungry?"

"Starving. Lets go. Casey’s food is always bitchin." I said, getting off the floor, lifting him up with me. We entered the kitchen and Katie was already up, scarfing down pancakes and sausage.

"Morning, Casey." I said, grabbing a plate and scooping three pancakes on my plate and five sausages.

"Geez, you’re gonna eat me outta house and home, you know that, Beau? No wonder mom had to go out and buy food every three days." Casey said, pointing his spatula at me.

"Yeah, I know, but I can’t help it. I’m a growing boy." I said, globing syrup on top of my pancakes and sitting next to Katie. "Morning Katie."

"Morning." She said with a mouthful of food.

"Ew, Katie, chew and swallow, then talk." I said in a mocking, gay voice, holding up my hand like a gay man.

She busted out laughing and almost had juice come out of her nose.

Jared was snickering as he sat down, also with a glass of orange juice and a loaded plate. "That was really funny."

"I try." I said with fake arrogance.

He just smiled and shook his head, digging his fork into his pancakes.

There wasn’t much conversation at the breakfast table, until Miranda came down and she realized we left her barely anything. "God, why are you all such pigs?" She asked, scrounging for the last pancake and piece of sausage.

"There’s cereal in the cabinet above the stove if you want something else." Casey said.

"Thanks." She said sarcastically.

"Well that’s what you get for showering before breakfast. Especially with three guys and Katie in the house." I said, smirking at Katie.

"I don’t eat that much!" She said.

"Yeah, you kinda do." Jared said, looking at her stack of 4 pancakes.

"Psh, whatever." She said, continuing eating.

After breakfast, I helped Katie with dishes and then packed to go home.

"I wish you guys didn’t have to leave so early." Katie said, seeming permanently attached around my waist, walking with me to put my bag in the trunk, along with Jared’s.

"I know, me neither, but the guys are expecting..oh shit. Hey, Cas, I need your phone." I said, totally forgetting to call them.

"Oh sure, it’s on the table." He said.

"Thanks." I ran back into the house, not even noticing that Katie had let go of me. I grabbed his phone off the table and dialed Eric’s number, seeing as how he’d probably want to know before anyone else.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey Eric, it’s me." I said, kind of afraid of his reaction.

"Oh, thank god. We were all freaking out. Where the hell are you? And where’d you take Miranda?" He said, sounding more relieved than pissed, which for that I was glad.

"At Casey’s house. Miranda spilled Jared’s top secret location ‘cause I couldn’t take it anymore." I explained. "But we were just about to leave, so we should be back in 5 hours, more or less."

"We as in you, Miranda and Jared?" He asked, sounding excited.

"No, me Miranda and Casey." I laughed to myself. "Yes. Me, Miranda, and Jared. We’ll see you in a few hours, kay?"

"Mmmkay. See you then."

I hung up and threw his phone on the table and went back outside, seeing that Miranda and Jared were already in the car, Jared in shotgun of course, and he was messing with my iPod. Once I heard the bass of an Alesana song coming through the speakers of the car, I knew they were ready to leave.

"Alright, well, I guess I’ll see you guys later." I hugged Casey and Katie, kissing the top of Katie’s head. "When you get your license, come visit, kay?" I whispered in her ear. I leaned away from her and she was smiling and nodding. "Will do."

I smiled back ."Awesome. See you." I waved and ran to the car. "God, way to steal my keys, guys." I closed the door and put my seatbelt on.

"You were taking forever." Miranda said from the backseat. "Wait, didn’t you drive yourself here, Jared?"

"No, Casey came to get me." He said.

"Oh, I see." She said, leaning back.

I put the car in reverse and sped out of the driveway toward home, kind of eager to get home.

Both Miranda and Jared slept the whole way home, Jared sometimes sliding a little too far over towards me and hitting my shoulder, waking him up slightly for a few seconds, then falling back asleep. He was so cute when he was half asleep.

My iPod played on shuffle the whole way home and when we eventually did make it home, it was already 4:30 in the afternoon.

"Why does Casey have to live so far away?" Jared said, yawning, grabbing his bag out of the trunk.

"I don’t know, to be honest with you." I said, laughing a little, closing the trunk after Miranda got her bag out of the trunk and put it in the back seat. After Jared and I dropped our bags off in my house, we left to go to Eric’s, where everyone else would be waiting, we assumed.

The car ride to Eric’s seemed to take 30 seconds compared to the five hour drive we just endured.

We all got out of the car and barged into the house, seeing everyone there, like we predicted.

"Hey! Jared’s back!" Matt said, hugging him. "We missed you, man. The fill in was a total jackass."

"You probably shouldn’t leave like that again, otherwise we might have to be mad at you." Mike said, hugging him after Matt.

Eric hugged him. "Welcome back, man." He let go of Jared and went up to me, hugging me, too. "And don’t leave like that again, okay? We were all extremely worried that you’d offed yourself somewhere."

"I’m sorry, but if I would’ve told you guys, you guys wouldn’t have let me go."

"I guess he has a point." Matt said, the sound of an opening soda can coming from behind me.

Eric let go of me and just stared into my eyes with an expression of longing and desire. I looked away before I could fall for it and walked back over by Jared, realizing that I was the only one that hasn’t hugged him in the room. I hugged him tightly, saying nothing. I kept a warm smile on my face and closed my eyes, resting my head on his shoulder.

He laughed quietly. "Felt left out?"

I nodded, resisting the urge to start laughing.

"Oh, come on, now. You guys were probably all over each other last night, so don’t even start with the left out crap." Matt said.

The smell of pizza grazed my nose. "Where’s the pizza?" I asked.

"In the kitchen, go crazy." Eric said, but before I could go into the kitchen he grabbed my arm. "But before you go in there, could I talk to you?" He asked quietly.

I looked in Jared’s direction and he stopped to wait for me.

"Go ahead, Jared, I’ll be there in a couple minutes."

He smiled and nodded, going into the kitchen and automatically claiming pieces of pizza as his own. I laughed to myself and followed Eric to his room.

"What’s up, Eric?" I asked, having a slight clue as to what he wanted to talk about. The tone in my voice must’ve told him that I knew something.

"Miranda told you, didn’t she?" He assumed.

I nodded, looking at the floor.

"I’m not gonna force myself on you or anything, but I just want to know that if you and Jared do ever end up breaking up, would it be possible for a me and you again?" He asked, sounding slightly nervous to be asking.

I never thought about what could be if we ever broke up. I suppose I would go to Eric, I mean, that’s what I did when Eric and I broke up in the first place.

But it wouldn’t feel right. After what happened in the hospital and everything, it wouldn’t feel the same.

I put my hands on his upper arms and rubbed them softly, smiling a crooked smile. "I’m sorry Eric, but I don’t think I’d be able to do that. After what happened with you at the hospital and after having you almost die, I realized that you’re more like a son to me rather than a boyfriend."

He half smiled and looked at the floor, nodding. "That’s understandable. I just wanted to know." He said quietly.

"Are you gonna break up with Miranda?" I asked, dropping my arms.

He shook his head. "I still love her to death, I wouldn’t do that."

That made me smile. "Good. Don’t. And you should probably stop talking about me so much around her ‘cause she notices and it’s making her uncomfortable. She thinks that you wanna be with me more than her." I said, getting quieter.

He had a little shock in his expression. "Oh, I didn’t know I talked about you that much. I mean, I talk about you, sure..."

"Obviously a little too much." I interrupted. "We should probably go back out there and get some pizza before it’s all gone, and before Jared gets suspicious."

"Yeah, I guess." He opened the door and I followed him out of the room into the kitchen where there was barely any pizza left. I dealt with it and grabbed two of the remaining 5 pieces and a can of Pepsi. "Has anyone had seconds yet?" I called out, contemplating on grabbing a third piece.

"Take whatever you want." I heard Mike call from in the living room.

"Awesome." I said, taking another piece, joining everyone else, sitting next to Jared, smiling at him. "Sorry that took so long. Did you miss me?" I asked playfully.

"Always." He said with a smile on his face, sneaking a quick kiss before Eric came in with a movie in hand.

"What are we watching now? Hopefully nothing too cheesy.." Miranda said, saying the last part under her breath.

"And hopefully not anything romantic comedy-esque.." Matt said, also under his breath.

"It’s Date Movie. Does that count as romantic comedy?" Eric asked.

"Oh, god I hate that movie. It’s so retarded!" Miranda said.

"Well that’s just too bad." He said, turning on his PS3 and putting the DVD in.

"Or we could, you know, not watch a movie. I have a feeling that I’m gonna fall asleep if we watch something." I said, yawning at the thought of sleep. Driving really takes a lot of energy out of you.

"What do you wanna do?" Matt asked, seeming like he was all for the alternative.

"I don’t know, there’s lots of things.." I thought for a few seconds, then responded, "we could go hang out somewhere..."

"Like Best Buy?" Mike asked, now excited as well.

"We could do Best Buy, yeah." I agreed.

"Lets do Best Buy." Matt also agreed.

"Guys wanna go to Best Buy?" I asked.

I heard a bunch of "sure"’s and "hellz yeah"’s from everyone.

"Alright, lets go to Best Buy." Jared said, getting up, pulling me up after he was on his feet. I came into him, hugging him before we both went into the kitchen to throw our garbage out.