Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 1

I pulled the pregnancy test out of the box, my heart racing faster than it was last night. I peed on the little white tab and waited for the results. My hands were shaking out of nervousness and excitement. It would be so awesome to have a baby, but I don’t know if I could handle it, since Eric was going on tour in a few weeks.

I picked up the test and glanced at it.

A little pink plus sign was staring me in the face.

I screamed and threw it on the ground, going back by Eric, who was now wide awake. "What’s wrong?"

I squealed, going to hug him. "Eric. I’m pregnant."

He looked absolutely shocked. "What!? That’s amazing! Oh my god, I’m gonna be a dad, and you’re gonna be a mom..." He kissed me, the smile never leaving his lips.

"What about the tour?" I asked.

"I’ll be home before the delivery, don’t worry." He said. "Do you want me to get you anything?"

I shook my head. "I’m gonna go to the doctor and get a professional test. I don’t wanna be let down by a fake test."

"Want me to come with?"

"No, that’s fine. But you should probably call Beau and all them. I’m sure they’ll all wanna know."

"Okay, hurry back, though, I’m sure Beau will wanna talk to you." Eric said, kissing me again. "I can’t believe this. This couldn’t have happened just last night, though, that’s not possible."

"Well obviously not. It probably happened a few nights ago." I said, just realizing that my period was supposed to start yesterday. "It must’ve happened one of the first nights, because I was supposed to get my period yesterday.."

"Okay, did not need to know that. Just go to the doctor, please." Eric said, absolutely disgusted with the talk of periods.

I laughed and kissed him before getting off the bed to get dressed.

"Don’t forget to check out of the hotel on time, Eric. I’ll see you later. Love you." I kissed him one last time, leaving the room, deciding to walk there since it was so close.

My mind was racing about this whole situation. I have a life form growing inside me, a little person. I sat down on the bench outside the doctor’s office and started crying out of nervousness, excitement, anxiety, and fear. Fear for the baby not making it, not surviving. All these emotions hit me like a train, catching up to me from this morning.

"Hey Miranda, what’s the matter?" Sarah asked, sitting next to me.

I sniffed and looked up at her. "Oh, hey Sarah." I laughed a little. "You’re never gonna believe this."

I went on to tell her about the honeymoon and what happened this morning.

"And when I looked at the test, it was positive. When I told Eric, he was so excited, and so was I, until I started thinking about all the responsibility that comes along with a kid. I don’t think I’m ready."

Sarah grabbed my shoulders suddenly and shook me slightly, looking at me in all seriousness. "Miranda-Lynn Renée Lambert. You are 26 years old, I think you’re ready for a kid."

"It’s not me that I’m worried about, it’s Eric. I mean, he has so much other stuff that he has to do with the band, and he’s only 21. I don’t think I wanna tie him down with a kid."

"He’s already tied himself down with marriage, I don’t think he could tie himself down anymore."

I sighed. "I guess that’s true." I hugged her. "Wanna come in with me?"

She gasped. "Oh my god, yes!" She grabbed my arm and dragged me into the office.

"We need a doctor now. She needs to know if her ego is prego."

Eric’s POV

I sat in the bed, just staring at the wall in front of me, a grin plastered on my face. I can’t believe it. I’m gonna be a dad. Just weeks ago I was dreaming about it, and now it’s actually happened. I pulled out my phone and scrolled to Beau’s number first.

"Hello?" He asked, sounding like he just woke up.

"Hey, sorry if I just woke you up, but I have some really exciting news."

"Oh yeah? What’s that?" Beau asked, yawning.

"Miranda’s pregnant." I said, barely containing myself from screaming.

He gasped on the other end. "Oh my god, really?!"

"Yeah! She took the test this morning!"

"Oh my god! Is she there?" He asked, sounding more awake than before.

"No, she’s going to the doctors to get a professional test done. I just can’t believe I’m gonna be a dad.."

"Eric? Is this true? What I hear about Miranda being pregnant?" I heard Jared’s voice over the phone.

"Would I really lie about something like this, Jared?" I asked.

He laughed. "I’m just messin’ with you, man." He paused for a second. "We’re gonna come over, when are you two getting home?"

"Well, I gotta check out of the hotel by noon, and it’s like, 11 now, so I’m guessing I’m gonna be home soon. I have to pick up Miranda when she calls, since she walked to the doctor."

"You didn’t go with her?" It was Beau’s voice again.

"She didn’t want me to." I said.

"Oh, well, I’ll let you go, so you can pack and whatnot, we’re gonna plan on 12:30, kay? If you’re not at your house, then we’re barging in and having a dance party. See you later!" Beau hung up before I could protest against the party. I pressed the end button and laughed to myself before getting out of bed and getting packed. Hopefully Beau and Jared would call everyone else and tell them, unless they get sidetracked with the adoption. They turned in their papers and got the call the other day. Now they’re just waiting for a kid. They think they have a chance with one of the kids there that they seemed attached to. He was a cute little brown hair, green eyed kid named Skylar. And the plus side was that he was 5, so he was already potty trained for the most part, and he is one of the most adorable kids I’ve ever seen. I really hope they get him.

I zippered up the suitcases and carried them out of the room, checking it once more before I headed out to make sure I didn’t forget anything.

"Alright, are you all set?" The woman at the front desk asked.

"Yes I am. The stay was very nice for my wife and I." I said, giving her the three room keys.

"I’m glad it was enjoyable. Hopefully you can come back here again sometime." She said, smiling.

"It’s definitely likely. Have a good day." I waved before walking out the door to the car. I threw the suitcases in the trunk of the car and drove off towards my house. Our house, I corrected myself. Miranda just put her apartment up for rent right before the honeymoon, and we have to get all her stuff out by the end of next week.

My phone rang in my pocket while I was driving. I pulled it out and saw that it was Beau again.

"Hey, sup?" I answered.

"Hey, change of plans. We probably won’t be coming over today.." He started.

"Did they call you? The adoption place? Are you getting Skylar?" I asked, extremely excited now.

I heard Beau giggle a little into the phone. "Yeah, they just called us. We can go get him today."

"Oh my god, congratulations!" I said, psyched. "I think Miranda and I will have to be the ones coming over to your house, so we can get to know him better. He really is a cute kid."

"I know, and I wasn’t expecting for you not to come over. One of us will call when we get home and get settled and whatever. We’ll see you then, okay?"

"Okay, see ya." I hung up and screamed. This day just keeps getting more and more exciting.

Miranda’s POV

"Ah, Mrs. Lambert, come, sit. I’ll have the test ready for you shortly." The doctor said, writing on her clipboard.

"Thanks." I said, smiling.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!" Sarah yelled, hitting me like she usually did when she’s excited.

"Stop it!" I said, hitting her arm.

The doctor came in again. "Alright, this is just like a regular test. All you have to do is urinate on the applicator, and it should show up in about 15 minutes." She said, handing me the test.

"Thank you." I got off the chair and went into the bathroom conveniently located across the hall.

Surprisingly, I still had pee in my bladder for the test. I put it in the little baggy that my tester came in and went back into the room to give it to her. Sarah was still radiant.

"Alright, now while that’s doing its thing, I need to ask you a few questions, so could I ask that your friend leave the room for this?"

"Sure, I’ll wait outside." She said, getting out of her chair and going outside the room, shutting the door.

"Alright, so when did you notice that you might be pregnant?" She asked.

"Well I just took the test this morning, but I was supposed to get my period a day or two ago and it never came. I haven’t felt any sort of morning sickness or anything, though, which I thought was strange." I explained.

"No, that’s not strange at all, that’s actually quite normal. Most women don’t get morning sickness until a week or so after the egg becomes fertilized." She paused to write something down. "Alright, how long ago was it that you had unprotected sex?"

"Umm...probably three or four days go, the first night of my honeymoon."

"Oh, congratulations. I knew the last name sounded familiar. Your husband is Eric Lambert?" She asked.

I nodded, blushing a little. "We got married on Valentine’s Day."

"Oh how cute. Lets see... have you noticed any other signs that you were pregnant besides missing your period?"

"No, none." I answered, trying to think about the past couple days. I haven’t felt any different. "Well, actually, my appetite has been gigantic these past couple days."

"Okay.." She trailed off, scribbling things down on her notepad. "Well, Miranda, you seem like you would be pregnant, but lets see the test." She picked it up and looked at it, smiling.

"Well?" I asked, excited.

"Congratulations."

I squealed and hugged the doctor. "Thank you!" I jumped up and flung the door open, looking at Sarah, a big smile on my face. "I’M PREGNANT!"

Sarah and I both squealed as we hugged and jumped up and down. After we calmed down a little bit, the doctor brought us into her room again.

"Alright, we have to make a schedule for you to come in so we can check on your baby and it’s progress."

"Okay, I can do that. Can I just call Eric and tell him?" I asked.

"Sure, sure." She said, smiling.

I pulled out my phone and dialed his number.

"Who’s gonna be the godmother?" Sarah asked.

"You wanna be?" I asked.

She gasped. "Really?!"

I nodded. "Really."

She let out a high pitched squeal and hugged me, squeezing all the air out of my lungs.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" She continued squeezing me.

"Can’t breathe.." I said, hitting her back.

She let go, and just in time. "Hello?" I hear Eric answer, sounding very excited.

"Eric, guess what?" I asked, also very excited.

He gasped. "Are you?"

"Yeah!" I screamed into the phone.

"Oh my god! That’s great! Do you want me to come get you?" He asked.

"Yeah, we’re almost done here, I just have to make a schedule for progress with the doctor, so you can come now, we might be a little late getting out, but you can be patient."

"We?" He asked.

"Oh, Sarah met up with me outside the doctor and came in with me. She practically dragged me in here." I said, laughing a little.

"Oh, okay, well, I’ll see you in a few minutes. I love you."

"Love you, too. Bye." I hung up and put my phone in my pocket. "Alright, lets do some scheduling."

Twenty minutes later, we finally walked out of her room. I didn’t know it took so long to schedule something. Then again, it was over the course of nine months. Sarah and I walked out the front glass doors and saw Eric’s car in the parking spot closest to the door. His smile got bigger as he saw me. I got in the front seat and automatically kissed Eric. "Hey."

"Hey." He said. He looked down at my stomach and rubbed it. "Hello to you, too, little Lambert."

I smiled and laughed softly, rubbing my stomach after Eric took off driving.

"So I have some other really good news." Eric said.

"And what is this?" Sarah and I said in unison.

He looked at us strangely and continued. "Beau and Jared are adopting Skylar today."

I gasped. "Really?! Oh my god, we have to go see him!"

Eric laughed. "Relax. We are. They’re gonna call us after they get him settled in."

"Yes! He is such a cute kid." I said as Eric turned into the driveway. I opened the door and started getting out of the car.

"No, no, let me help you out." Eric said, running to my side of the car.

"Eric, no, don’t. I’ve been pregnant for three days, it’s not like my stomach’s a planet or anything yet." I got out my myself before he could get to me and I slammed the door. He slowed to a walk and put his arm around my waist, walking into the house with me. "You’re gonna be one of those overbearing husbands, aren’t you? The kind that do too much for their pregnant wives and cause their mood swings?"

He looked at the ground and smiled. "Yeah, probably."

I patted his back lightly. "Thought so."

He kissed the top of my head before opening the door for me. I walked in the door and right as Sarah got into the house, Eric’s phone started ringing.

He answered it. "Hello?...yeah. Do you? So we can come? Is everyone else gonna be there? Awesome. So we’ll see you in a little bit. Alright, bye." Eric hung up, smiling.

"We can go over there now?" I asked, getting excited again.

"They’re settled and everything?" Sarah asked.

Eric nodded. "Lets go."