Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 10

Miranda’s POV

What the hell is wrong with me? Every time I see Eric, my mind just switches gears and totally repels him. I know he didn’t kill her, I know that, but I can’t tell him that I know. It’s like I have two different people living inside me. I hid my face in my hands and started sobbing. I didn’t want Eric to leave me, and I sure as hell didn’t want to leave him.

"Mrs. Lambert? What is the matter? Are you in pain?" The doctor asked.

I looked at her and shook my head. "No, no, it’s nothing. I’m perfectly fine." I wiped my eyes and started calming down. "Am I going to be able to leave soon?"

"Very soon, I was actually coming in here to get you to sign your release papers."

"Oh, okay." I took the clipboard and signed where I needed to sign.

"Excellent. Well, Mrs. Lambert, you’re a free woman now. You can go home. Have a good rest of your day." The doctor left and I got off the bed. I walked out of the hospital and realized that I didn’t have a ride back home. I could call Eric, but he’s probably pissed at me. Sarah was already on her way home, and Beau and Jared had to take care of Skylar. I pulled out my phone and scrolled through my numbers.

"Daniel?" I asked out loud. I still have his number? I didn’t even know I had his number. I pressed send, regardless of how much I hated him. He was the only one who didn’t know what was going on. He was a mutual person to call.

"Hello?" He answered.

I resisted the urge to scowl at the sound of his voice. "Hey, Daniel? It’s me, Miranda."

"Oh, hey. Wasn’t expecting you to call me, ever. What’s up?"

I wasn’t expecting me to call you, ever, either, I thought to myself. "Nothing much, but I need to ask you a favor. Could you come pick me up from the hospital?"

"Why would you call me to ask?" He asked, a slight sly tone in his voice.

"‘Cause Eric’s pissed at me and Beau and Jared have other things going on. I don’t even wanna ask Matt or Mike, they’re probably busy, too."

"Okay, I’ll come get you, but you have to promise to tell me everything." He said.

I sighed. "Fine. Just hurry up, I probably look like a retard just standing here."

He laughed. "Alright, I’m coming. Bye."

I hung up and sat on the bench outside the building. For some reason, I was expecting Eric to call or text me or communicate with me in some way, but there was nothing.

I recognized Daniel’s car as it pulled into the parking lot and pulled right up to where I was sitting. He hasn’t changed much appearance wise, even though his hair was slightly shorter, and he got color contacts, so now instead of brown, his eyes were a piercing green. It looked good on him.

I got into the car, feeling awkward already.

"Hey." He started off.

"Hey, long time, no see. You got contacts?"

"I’ve had them for a while, but people just tell me that I look better with glasses." He said. "So tell me what happened. Why were you at the hospital in the first place?"

"Well, first off, Eric and I got married about 4 or 5 months ago. While we were on our honeymoon, I got pregnant." I started.

"Oh, that’s so exciting!" He said, smiling.

I laughed. "So about two or three weeks after I find out I’m pregnant, Eric and the rest of the guys have to leave to go on tour. Two months later, coming back to yesterday, I had a miscarriage. Obviously it’s very devastating for both of us, but I keep getting in this mind set that it’s all Eric’s fault the baby died, just because he wasn’t there to help me out. So the last time I saw him, this morning, I basically told him I never wanted to see him again and he left his ring in my room and stormed off. After he left I started balling because of what just happened. I really didn’t want to leave Eric, and I honestly didn’t know what was wrong with me, or is wrong with me for that matter."

Daniel sighed. "Oh wow." He paused. "Hopefully it’s just hormones and it’ll pass. I’d hate to see you two split after only 6 months."

"Yeah, me too." I agreed.

We got to the house and I saw Eric’s car in the driveway. Feelings of relief and anger filled me.

"Thanks for the ride." I said, getting out of the car, slamming the door before Daniel could say anything else. I ran up the walkway and went in the house, seeing Eric, surprised there was no one else with him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, feeling the bitchy side of me come out again.

"What do you mean? This is my house, I have every right to be here." He said, then sighed, letting his guard down. "Miranda, look. I don’t want you to do this, to split over something that can so easily be compromised. I love you way too much to risk it." He said, basically pouring his heart out, rubbing my shoulders, looking into my eyes with his own, filled with love, compassion, and tears.

"And all that shit you said at the hospital?" I asked, shrugging off his hands.

"That was all bullshit. You were just so frustrating-"

"Me being frustrating makes everything you said bullshit." I stated.

"No, that’s not what I meant–" He said.

"You know what? Maybe we can compromise, but I think we need a break first." I took my eyes off him, which is when the tears started filling my eyes.

I put my arms around him, hoping he would do the same, but he just stood there.

"I’m just really, really hoping that all this bitchy yelling at you shit goes away. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me." I said through tears, a sob building in my chest.

Eric’s arms wrapped slowly around me, hugging me tightly.

I breathed in deeply before speaking again. "I just think that...living together in the emotional state that I’m in will tear us apart, and I don’t want that."

"I don’t want that either." He said quietly.

"Then will you please follow through with that I’m saying? We just need to be separated for a few weeks, maybe months, even though I hope it doesn’t take that long."

"Is there gonna be anyone else?" Eric asked.

"What?" I asked, unable to comprehend what he was asking.

"Since we’re splitting, is there gonna be only us? Or will there be other people? ‘Cause I’m willing to stay committed to only you during this mess if you are." He explained, hugging me even closer. "In fact, there’s no one else I’d rather be with than you, no matter how bitchy or annoying or frustrating."

"More than Beau?" I asked.

He pulled me away from him, looking at me like I was insane. "Hell yeah. If I wanted to be with Beau more than you, I wouldn’t have married you." He said, kissing me passionately.

We parted and I sighed. "I know, and I believe you, but it’s just, somewhere in my mind, I always think that you will always love him more than you will ever love me." I took another deep breath, holding back more tears.

He kissed me again. "That’s ridiculous, Miranda. Sure, he was the first person I had real feelings for, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you more. I love you with everything I have. I would go through hell and high water for you. I would’ve even left the tour for you if you begged me long enough. I would never do that for Beau. He was my first real love, but not my true love. My true love is in my arms right now, with tears falling down her cheeks, and I’m hoping that she doesn’t make me stay away." He brushed my tears away with his thumb.

I smiled. "I don’t want you to stay away, either, but I think it would be best, at least for a few days, to stay clear of each other and let each other calm down."

He exhaled sharply. "Are you kicking me out of my house?"

I looked at the floor, remembering that this was, technically, his house.

I looked up at him. "I’m sorry, Eric."

He left the room and went to our room. He came out ten minutes later with a bag of clothes and other necessities.

"Call me when you’re ready to take me back." He kissed me one last time before leaving with the car.

Eric’s POV

I can’t believe I let her kick me out of my own house. I threw the bag of clothes in the backseat and took off for Beau and Jared’s.

I pulled out my phone and called Beau.

"Hello?" He answered. It sounded like him and Jared were in the middle of something.

"She kicked me out. Can I stay there for a few days?"

"Oh, of course! Come on over." Beau said.

"Thanks. And you should probably stop making out before I get there."

"Shut up. We’ll see you in a few minutes." Beau said, laughing. I heard Jared in the background laughing as well.

"Alright, bye." I hung up and continued driving. I felt like breaking something. Anything. I needed to get all these pent up emotions out somehow. I wonder if they have a punching bag in their basement.

I pulled into the driveway and got out, grabbing my bag of clothes. I came into the house and was greeted with the usual hugs from Beau, Jared, and Skylar.

"How is she doing?" Beau asked while Jared took Skylar outside to play.

"We had a civil conversation, and I was actually able to hug her. But then she kicked me out. She said it would only be for a couple days, and that it would be nothing permanent, but I really don’t know what to think right now."

He put his arm around me and pulled me into him. "Don’t worry. She’ll want you back. I have first hand experience."

"I really hope so. Do you guys have a punching bag or anything I could use as a punching bag?"

"Why would you need one of those?" Beau asked slowly.

"I need to get some of these pent up emotions out. Talking them out isn’t doing much anymore."

"Well taking them out physically doesn’t do much either, believe me."

"You just have experience with everything, don’t you?" I asked.

"Yeah, I’ve seen and experienced a shit ton of stuff in my life." He said, running his hand through his hair.

"What do you think I should do?" I asked, thinking that since he’s been through so much, he’d know what I could do in a situation like this.

"Just talk it out, wait it out, don’t worry, it’ll get better. I didn’t believe it at first either, but Jared eventually came back to me."

"But you went to find him. That’s not exactly waiting it out." I pointed out.

"I waited for two months before I did that, I’m pretty sure that’s waiting it out enough."

I sighed. "I guess. I just hope Miranda doesn’t decide to wait two months to talk to me again. I don’t think I can wait that long."

"Don’t worry. You’ll pull through. And Jared and I will help you. Skylar will even help as much as he can. We’re all here for you."

I smiled and sniffled, not even realizing that I was crying. "Thanks. I appreciate it."

"No thanks needed. It’s what I’m supposed to do." He leaned away from me. "Are you gonna be okay?"

"I think so. I think I’m gonna go outside by Jared and Sky and play with them some." I got off the couch and headed towards the back door.

"Oh, Eric, before I forget." Beau yelled after me.

I stopped and turned to Beau. He pulled my ring out of his pocket. "We picked this up for you so it wouldn’t get lost." He put it on my finger and smiled.

This situation felt totally awkward. I tried hiding the awkward feelings the best I could.

"Oh, thanks." I said, then turned to walk outside. I saw Jared throwing a beach ball to Skylar.

"Hey guys, what’s up?" I asked, coming to join their little game.

"Nothing much, enjoying the weather. Are you okay?" Jared asked, disguising the worry in his voice with indifference, but it was written all over his face.

"Yeah, I’m okay. Thanks for bringing my ring back, by the way." I said, hoping my facial expression was enough to tell him that I really was okay and that he didn’t have to worry about me.

He passed me the ball. "No problem. I kinda figured you wanted it back."

I laughed a little. "Yeah, definitely." I passed it back to Jared.

"Hey, come on!" Skylar said, jumping up and down with his hands in the air.

"Come on, Skylar, catch it." I said, smiling.

Jared threw the ball a little lower so Skylar would have a chance at catching it.

I heard Beau’s voice coming from inside the house, and it didn’t sound happy. Who would he be talking to? Was Miranda here?

Jared and I both looked at each other, worried.

"I’ll go. You stay here." Jared said, Skylar following. He turned to Skylar. "No, Sky, stay here. Daddy’s gotta go do something really quick. Stay out here with Eric, okay?"

"Okay." Skylar said, turning back towards me, holding the ball. "Where’s Auntie Randi?"

"She just needed to rest today. Being in the hospital takes a lot out of you."

He just stared at me and nodded. "Okay." He threw the ball at me. "Come on! We can play with two people."

"Eric." Jared called from the back door.

I looked at him, and he did not look pleased.

"You should probably come in here. Just leave Skylar out here, I’m coming out in a second." He said.

"Okay." I turned back to Skylar. "Did you hear what your daddy said?"

"Stay here and he’ll be out in a little bit." He said, sounding a little discouraged.

"Good." I hugged him. "Don’t worry, we’ll still play today."

He smiled. "Okay."