Could Tell a Love 3

Could Tell A Love 3 Ch. 13-The End

9 Months Later...

"Beau, the baby’s coming! Get your ass down here now!" I yelled down the hall, ready to yank all three of them out of the house myself and drag them in the car. I did not want to miss this.

"Okay, lets go." Jared said, slightly breathless, going out the door, Skylar in his arms, still in his school uniform, as all three of them headed out to their vehicle and I headed to mine. I got in and put it in reverse, stepping on the gas a little to hard and almost hitting the light post behind me. I switched it to drive and sped off toward the hospital. I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Beau and Jared following a ways behind me.

I pulled into the parking lot and got out of the car, literally running into the hospital, where Sarah, Matt, Mike, Casey, and Katie were all waiting outside the room where Miranda was lying, in labor.

"Are they coming?" Casey asked, slightly anxious.

"They should be in here in a few minutes, they just got back from picking up Sky at school. They were following behind me, but they didn’t speed here like I did." I saw the doctor come down the hallway with three other nurses. "Is anyone allowed in there?" I asked him.

"Immediate family." He answered.

"Husband?" I asked.

"Come in." He said, opening the door.

I went in, shaking out of nervousness and excitement. When I saw her, I thought she looked beautiful in the most disgusting way. Her hair was plastered to her face by the sheer sweat that was covering it. Her face was red and blotchy and it looked like she had veins popping out of her head.

"Hey baby, how are you?" I asked, grabbing her hand and rubbing it softly, smiling.

She looked at me and smiled the best she could. "I’m hangin’ in there." She sniffled and laughed a little. "I can’t believe we did it. We’re gonna have a kid, Eric. We did it."

"Yeah, we did. We really did." I said, brushing her hair out of her face, kissing her.

She squeezed my hand tightly. "Stay in here with me."

"Don’t worry, sweetie, I’m here for you." I said, sitting in the chair next to her bed.

"Through the whole thing." She said, sounding short of breath.

I felt a little uncomfortable then, but swallowed back all those feelings. "Don’t worry, I’m gonna be here. For everything."

"Alright, Mrs. Lambert, you’re doing a wonderful job. The baby should be ready to come any minute." A nurse said as she was coming in to the room. She smiled at me. "Any guesses as to what the gender is?"

I shook my head. "We wanted it to be a surprise."

Miranda squeezed my hand really hard this time.

"Ow." I tried saying quietly, but didn’t work. It really fricken hurt.

"Oh dear, here it comes." The nurse ran out of the room to grab all the other nurses and doctors.

It seemed to take forever for them to get ready and for it to begin, but once it started, it seemed to go by extremely fast.

"One more push Miranda, that’s all it’s gonna take!" I yelled.

"I can’t!" She said, tears falling down her face.

"Push!" I yelled again, squeezing her hand. "Do it for me."

She looked at me and, with that one last push, our child was born. Our beautiful baby.

They cut the umbilical cord and did whatever they had to do to get it breathing. Once I heard it cry, tears of joy started falling down my cheeks. I looked at Miranda, who was crying, too.

"Mrs. Lambert, Mr. Lambert. Congratulations, I present you with a beautiful son." The doctor said, handing him to Miranda. She smiled at him and lightly touched his cheek. I got up to get a better look at him. He had a full head of red hair and, from what I could see, my green eyes.

"What are you going to name him?" One of the nurses asked.

Miranda sniffled, still stroking his cheek. "Maika. His name is gonna be Maika. Do you like that, Eric?" She looked at me, smiling.

"I love it, and I love you." I bent down to kiss her, and then kissed him lightly on the forehead. "Hey there little Maika."

"Alright, Eric, now you have to leave. We have to take care of some stuff you might not want to see." The doctor said, turning me towards the door.

"Alright, call me back in when I’m able to see her again." I said, walking out of the door with a huge grin plastered to my face.

"So?!" Everyone asked, getting out of their chairs to hug and bombard me.

"Back up, geez." I said, pushing everyone away. They backed up and waited impatiently, smiling.

"It’s a boy." I started off with.

I heard Sarah and Katie squeal.

I smiled. "His name is Maika."

"Awww." Everyone said.

"He has red hair and green eyes." I finished.

"Oh my god, Eric, I’m so happy for you!" Beau said, hugging me. I felt him crying into my shoulder. I felt Jared hug me from the side.

"Happy grandfather-hood." I said to both of them, which made them both laugh a little.

"I can’t believe I’m gonna be an aunt! I’m gonna have a little cousin." Katie said, hugging me after Jared and Beau let go. Sarah joined in on this one as well. "And I can’t believe I’m a godmother. This is so awesome. He’s gonna be so adorable."

Last were Matt and Mike. They both hugged me.

"Good job, man." Mike said, patting my back.

"I knew you could do it, you baby maker." Matt added on.

I laughed. "Thanks, guys."

"Well, since they have to get her all cleaned up and stuff, do you guys wanna go get something to eat in celebration? I’ll pay." Casey asked.

"Sure, lets go." I said, leading the way out of the hospital. Casey led us to the restaurant he wanted to go to, and it ended up being Taco Bell. I should’ve known.

We got back to the hospital about an hour later and the doctor said that she was cleaned up, but she was sleeping, which was understandable. He said that we could come back in the morning when she was fully rested. We all agreed and went back to my house, where we all crashed, well, everyone but me. I was too ecstatic to sleep. I finally had a kid of my own to take care of, a son. Maika. Such an awesome name. It fit his face really well. He had Miranda’s nose and hair and my lips and eyes. It was too soon to tell if he was going to take on my height or not, obviously, but I was kind of hoping that he’d be taller than me, which won’t be that hard to do.

I don’t exactly know when I fell asleep, but I woke up to something sizzling in the kitchen.

"Do you really think we should be doing this without Eric up?" I heard Matt say quietly.

"It’s fine, I’ve done it plenty of times before." Beau said, then came more sizzling. Must’ve flipped over the bacon. I crawled out of bed and fixed my hair before I showed myself to the rest of the people in my house.

"Morning everyone." I said, grabbing a cup out of the cupboard for coffee.

"Morning, Eric!" Everyone said in unison.

"What’s for breakfast?"

"Eggs, bacon, juice, ya know, the normal." Matt said.

"Awesome." I scooped some scrambled eggs on my plate and grabbed two pieces of bacon.

After everyone was done eating and we cleaned up all the dishes (Beau made Katie do it for 5 bucks), we all got dressed and ready to go to the hospital to see Miranda and Maika. I called ahead of time and they said that she was feeling loads better and that she was able to come home today if she wanted, and Maika with us, since the doctor said that he was extremely healthy.

"Alright, lets head out. Everyone ready?" Jared asked.

"Mhm, lets go." I said, going out to my car, Katie following.

"Why are you coming with me?" I asked, really confused.

"Why not? You are my brother, I’m allowed to do that."

I rolled my eyes. "Kay, whatever, Katie."

She hit my arm as I was driving towards the hospital. "You know you love me."

"I never said I didn’t."

"Kay, whatever, Eric." She said, mocking my voice.

I smiled and hit her back.

We turned into the hospital parking lot, two other cars behind us.

We all got out and went in, the receptionist seeming slightly overwhelmed by how many people showed up to see one person. We all smiled at her and went down the hall to Miranda’s room, where she was sitting up, holding Maika, playing with his nose.

I could help but smile at her and Maika as I walked in the room. "Hey, how you feelin’?" I asked, sitting on the bed with her, giving her a big kiss.

"Better, they said I can come home today with him. Do you have the room set up and everything?"

"Yes I do, it’s been set up for the past three weeks." I said, smiling, kissing her again.

"Can we join the party?" Sarah asked, opening the door.

"Of course, come on in!" Miranda said.

The whole slew of people came in, giving her and Maika hugs and kisses.

"He’s absolutely adorable!" Sarah squealed.

"I didn’t think a baby could get this cute." Katie said.

"I guess a baby can." Miranda said, laughing. "So what do you say we leave here and go to our house for a little while?"

"That sounds like a great idea, but could it just be me and you for the day? Everyone else can come over tomorrow." I asked Miranda.

"Actually, that sounds like a really good idea. We’ll see you guys tomorrow, kay?" Casey said, pushing everyone out of the room and closing the door, leaving Miranda and I alone.

I smiled at her and kissed her again. "Can I hold Maika?"

She smiled. "Of course." She handed me Maika and I held him carefully in my arms, like he could break if I made one little mistake. I looked at him at awe, smiling. "Can you believe it? This baby is ours, we created it. He’s absolutely amazing." I pushed the blankets down away from his face, kissing his nose. He wriggled around a little and put his hands by his face. I put my finger out and he grabbed it, not letting go.

Miranda laughed softly. "He loves you. I think he knows who you are."

"Well I’d be freaked if he didn’t know who I was. I am his dad after all." I said, not taking my eyes off Maika.

"Wanna go home?" Miranda asked, sliding off the bed.

I looked up at her and smiled. "Yeah, lets go home."